Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 04:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The OP is about successful people vs. non-successful people. I wouldn't say you're unsuccessful if you're not a millionaire.
That's true. Being a millionaire or a billionaire doesn't make you a successful person.

But being a successful person may make you a millionaire or billionaire one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 04:46 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what things are that? Seems like a very vague statement to make.
Goes something like this which was an average day when I first started in business. You get about 4:00, make out the deposit slips for the previous days checks and todays invoices. Leave the house about 5:45, stop st the bank and get to the truck about 6:15. Be at the breaker for your first load about quarter to 7 so you don't have to wait in line like the other slow pokes. Leave there about 7:30 and take 2 to 3 hours to deliver, repeat 3 times. The last ime you're usually pulling in there somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30 because they close at 4. That last trip is usually the long one so you can expect to get the truck parked by 7 or 8, Drive home. Answer the messages and schedule deliveries until 9.

Repeat that M-S, Sunday is for truck maintenance.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Unless I were a millionaire or billionaire (and none of you are), I wouldn't be trumpeting the words of some rich guy pooping all over low income workers.

After all..why aren't YOU rich if you have all the answers?
I'm as rich as I want to be.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Interesting--some billionaires worked harder than others to get where they were, such as Oprah Winfrey, George Soros and Larry Ellison. Others not so much. I wonder if the "successful billionaire" explained that as well.

"At the same time, only 2.5% were ranked as 10s, or absolute bootstrappers. To qualify as a 10, a member of the Forbes 400 had to have been raised in a poor household, and have endured extreme duress. Oprah Winfrey, who endured sexual abuse, and George Soros, who survived both the Nazi and Communist occupations of Hungary, are great examples."

"The report says 7 percent were born on third base, inheriting more than $50 million in wealth or a big company. The report includes Charles Koch and Charles Butt on third base."

Did the Forbes 400 Billionaires Really 'Build That'?

Two-thirds of billionaires made it themselves

The

There Are More Self-Made Billionaires In The Forbes 400 Than Ever Before

Old 04-23-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The OP is about successful people vs. non-successful people. I wouldn't say you're unsuccessful if you're not a millionaire.
This is true. Becoming a millionaire is quite easy. A billionaire is another stratosphere.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Interesting--some billionaires worked harder than others to get where they were, such as Oprah Winfrey, George Soros and Larry Ellison. Others not so much. I wonder if the "successful billionaire" explained that as well.

"At the same time, only 2.5% were ranked as 10s, or absolute bootstrappers. To qualify as a 10, a member of the Forbes 400 had to have been raised in a poor household, and have endured extreme duress. Oprah Winfrey, who endured sexual abuse, and George Soros, who survived both the Nazi and Communist occupations of Hungary, are great examples."

"The report says 7 percent were born on third base, inheriting more than $50 million in wealth or a big company. The report includes Charles Koch and Charles Butt on third base."

Did the Forbes 400 Billionaires Really 'Build That'?

Two-thirds of billionaires made it themselves

The

There Are More Self-Made Billionaires In The Forbes 400 Than Ever Before
Look at th etop. 7 out of 10 inherited, or had significant help from the start.

Its all in how you define it. 39 million to start? you're self made! uh huh.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Interesting--some billionaires worked harder than others to get where they were,
This is true for all endeavors, not just wealth. Scarlett Johansson was born with beauty. Tiger Woods was born with talent. etc, etc.

Why do you think less of somebody born into wealth than somebody born with exceptional talent?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Talk about a vague statement....
Exactly, it is the same one this billionaire gave.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:13 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Exactly, it is the same one this billionaire gave.
Not really, do stuff others don't want to do....

I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand?

Old 04-23-2015, 05:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not really, do stuff others don't want to do....

I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand?
Well there are a lot of things others don't want to do, that doesn't mean it leads to success. Would you shovel manure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies