Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:40 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Congress. Unions. Liberal blogs. The overwhelming majority of the left
There was another poster who made a good point about why lefties don't mind the undocumented but mind h1bs.

Let me sum it here.

Low skill jobs are held by mostly blue collar conservatives who don't vote democratic anyway. So why not make labor cheaper for many liberals who themselves are business owners. It's not like it's worth courting these blue collar types. You want the GOP? Go for it. You don't deserve better wages. You are just a bitter redneck.

High skill jobs are affected by h1bs. This is the liberal territory. Most of these are highly educated, socially liberal, technology people living in wonderful liberal cities and surrounded by liberals. Nope, you foreigners can't compete with these people. They are the bulk of liberal affluence. So many liberals are more against h1bs.

My message to liberals. Guess what, you voted in these politicians. You voted for these policies. And it goes back several decades. You were fooled. Now you aren't happy. Though, the official liberal position is still quite muted when it comes to h1bs. They are relatively smarter than the conservative poor. The high skill liberals know how to frame it to stay out of trouble and know how to use the media. Though, it still comes across as pretty bad sounding.

Hypocrisy. Liberalism isn't for the little guy at all. in America, it is a pretentious ideology held often by the classist elite who despise minorities and the poor at heart. Thye are good at other people's money. And good at cheering on other people's problems until it hits them, then the whining starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 09:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Congress. Unions. Liberal blogs. The overwhelming majority of the left
Congress is dominated by Conservatives, or did you forget that fact?
Strange I know many Libs and Cons, not one of them supports illegals and most do not have an issue with people coming here legally to work and go to school, me thinks someone has had too much koolaid. Unions are for the most part against both as they do not get their cut of the pie. Liberal Blogs are no more indicative of how all or even most Libs think than a right-wing Blog is representative of how most Cons think.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:03 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Strange I know many Libs and Cons, not one of them supports illegals and most do not have an issue with people coming here legally to work and go to school, me thinks someone has had too much koolaid. Unions are for the most part against both as they do not get their cut of the pie. Liberal Blogs are no more indicative of how all or even most Libs think than a right-wing Blog is representative of how most Cons think.
Congress is dominated by compromised, left-leaning power seekers (including leftist, Rockefeller Rep. 'neo-'s).

Old 04-23-2015, 10:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Bull****.

Immigrants do not "take jobs."

What did I say about math? A stable economy requires a stable population. Immigrants boost the replacement rate to stable levels. Without immigration, our population (thus our economy) actually would decline. Immigrants working boosts economic demand and production, not vice versa.
all immigrants take jobs that could have gone to americans.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I was referring to liberals in Congress.

Liberal blogs overwhelmingly oppose H1Bs. Obviously the positions taken on one liberal blog don't reflect all liberals but if a position is overwhelmingly held by the liberal netroots than it's safe to say it's a common attitude

Old 04-23-2015, 10:15 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
The H1 visa program is criminal.

My partner is a highly educated computer scientist and military electronics engineer. She can't get work because they have to pay her in the six figures, but they can bring in a foreigner with less knowledge to work for 1/3.

It is that simple. Hire foreigners, destroy american jobs.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:22 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
If the inner cities weren't getting compensatory handouts by the left, they'd vote accordingly if at all. Cloward-Piven.

Its taxes fund white plastic shopping sacks of big-box garments and camo attire and straight hair wigs and mylar Tweety Bird balloons and urban dirt bikes and rims and auto sport horns and performance fart cans and 5000W car audio serenades of Big K.R.I.T. for the "poor."

Last edited by mm4; 04-23-2015 at 10:50 PM..

Old 04-23-2015, 10:39 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,792 times
Immigration will be key to the 2016 presidential election. The Dems are at a disadvantage because they are critical of the GOP's young and articulate Hispanic candidates while they are stuck with an old white woman known for screaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

Old 04-23-2015, 11:38 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't buy that, sorry.

There ARE jobs out there but; wages have fallen like a rock in many "blue collar" and even some white color ones. Please tell me again why we need open immigration? I'm Ok with letting in a few legal aliens but, ALL illegals need to leave. Period.
So, you need me to repeat what I've already said because you don't like it?

Quote:
I'm against immigration that would lead to an excess in population. Considering our birth rates are below replacement, immigration is an economic necessity.
No one cares about your bigotry, Packard fan. Immigration is a necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Immigrants ARE Americans.

Even in the case of undocumented immigrants, my original argument stands. Their presence here increases our economic output and demand.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:55 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,792 times
Quote:
Even in the case of undocumented immigrants, my original argument stands. Their presence here increases our economic output and demand.
How are illegal aliens Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies