Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:31 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Given you think you can just print up dollars, I take your reply as a compliment.
We printed a lot of dollars today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
all you have to do is look at any major urban city like Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit and look at what democratic policies
have done to them in the last 50 years. Tax and spend, tax and spend.
Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Detroit are monetarily non-sovereign. The United States is monetarily sovereign. Learn the difference. The United States cannot "tax and spend."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 05:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
all you have to do is look at any major urban city like Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit and look at what democratic policies
have done to them in the last 50 years. Tax and spend, tax and spend.
What about SF, Seattle, Boston, NYC, San Diego, Denver, etc? The bay area is one of the most productive and innovative areas in the world.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
What about SF, Seattle, Boston, NYC, San Diego, Denver, etc? The bay area is one of the most productive and innovative areas in the world.
<insert conservative excuse>

<insert insult about liberal hippies or NY taxes>

Old 04-27-2015, 05:53 PM

49 posts, read 63,716 times
Quote:

Yes except very few blacks and a lot less Hispanics then everywhere else in Cali. I thought liberals liked minorities?....I guess they just don't want too live near them Right dv1033!!

Old 04-27-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDJr View Post
Yes except very few blacks and a lot less Hispanics then everywhere else in Cali. I thought liberals liked minorities?....I guess they just don't want too live near them Right dv1033!!
........... New York City has the largest black population in the United States. New York City has more blacks then quite a few U.S. states.

California is light on blacks because we didn't migrate out there like we did the Northeast.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:00 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

I swear it's like conservatives lose more IQ points by the day. How can the government take from the economy what the economy cannot create (U.S. dollars)??!
What? Where do you suppose the 3.9 Trillion dollars of federal spending comes from? Hello? Where do those dollars come from? Let me repeat this slowly...Every dollar that the government spends is a dollar that has been taken out of our economy. It is very simple, not complicated at all.
Think of it like this. A business owner's wife/Office manager, spend extravagantly on decorating offices , plush furniture, expensive vehicles, personal perks ,trips etc... Every dime is money taken out of the business and therefore not being spent on GROWING THE BUSINESS!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Not much point discussing econ w/ someone relying on Reiland. Bless your heart.
And yet you havent disputed anything posted..
Quote:
You're not describing deflation. Outsourcing is occurring because of labor costs and lack of environmental regulations.
Of course outsourcing and deflation isnt the same, the net result is lower costs, which isnt necessarily bad for the consumer under any circumstances
Quote:
I'm clearly giving you way too credit in understanding context. No where did I state all government spending is good. So or you being dishonest and putting words in my mouth or just not following along? Which is it?.
no no no, government spending either stimulates or it doesnt. One could argue by how much it stimulates but if your going to argue its a stimulus then stick by the theory. After all, the GDP does include government spending for a reason, they dont break it out by what its spent on..
Quote:
Do you not realize the state of our infrastructure? There are hundreds of bridges that need repairing in my state alone.
Which means you repair them because they need repaired, not for some imaginary argument that you need to do so in order to stimulate.

Completely different discussion to argue they need repaired because they need repaired than arguing they need repaired to stimulate the economy.
Quote:
Why would you even think I was suggesting to build infrastructure we don't need? Seriously.... Read and understand what people are saying instead of twisting words. It's embarrassing and shameful.
The left has argued, we should be spending trillions on infrastructure because we need to stimulate the economy. If thats your argument then stick by it, dont back peddle..

Old 04-27-2015, 08:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
We printed a lot of dollars today.
They actually sold a hell of a lot of treasury bills removing tons of money from the economy.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Because government spending come out of GDP. For instance the ACA. Companies will respond to it by cutting the bottom line. That is labor which makes up huge cost and easiest to cut.To remain competitive they must just as those who export will need to make cuts to do same. Then of course automation versus human labor is only a matter of which is more cost effective in the end. More people seek work with less skills will be replaced; just as crews with shovels were replaced by backhole with one guy operating it.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
........... New York City has the largest black population in the United States. New York City has more blacks then quite a few U.S. states.

California is light on blacks because we didn't migrate out there like we did the Northeast.
Guessing it was because of less factories compared to the North East during the industrial age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies