Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:50 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Except the march on Washington came before the march on Selma.
Point taken. I'm all for accuracy, so let's substitute the marches in Birmingham instead. My point remains, that a social movement is something that is accomplished by including, not excluding people of all races. If you want this movement to be "Only Black lives matter" then so be it, good luck to you, but don't expect my support. If you want my support and the support of millions of other White people, then it needs to be inclusive and diverse, not exclusive and racist in nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 09:24 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What do police officers ask you for when they stop you on a bicycle assuming the bicycle hasn't been stolen? Are you stopped for riding on the wrong side of the street? Are you stopped because your reflector is out? Do some places force you to wear a helmet? Are you stopped for riding barefoot? Are you stopped for riding on the sidewalk? Can you get a ticket for not signaling a turn on a bicycle? I'm trying to figure out if most bicycle stops by police area bicycle related or would the same person be stopped for walking, let's say after a drug buy.
My daughter got a ticket when she was riding her bike to class in her college town. Apparently she didn't stop at the stop sign. So it can be anything really.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My daughter got a ticket when she was riding her bike to class in her college town. Apparently she didn't stop at the stop sign. So it can be anything really.
Def a violation. Several times I've had bike riders TRY to run out in front of me through a stop sign from 50 feet back when I was already going through the intersection. I just kept going because IF they hit me, it'd be on them compared to me jamming my brakes and my car plowing them down.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't say anything about race in the OP,...moreover, I said that the shooting, while questionable, isn't really the topic.

I'm only asking if we're allowed to ride our bicycles in public places unmolested by police if we're not committing a crime.
Riiiiiight- I've seen the same sentiments expressed in all the threads you've started about white people who've been shot by police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies