Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 12:45 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Now the terms I am using are simple, I am talking about sponsored programs that tell people that it's OK to be gay. It's really not.
So you support kids in schools being beaten up, bullied, intimidated and harassed because they are gay or perceived gay?

What sponsored programs are you talking about? Who is sponsoring them? Where are they being sponsored? What examples of "gay propaganda" can you give that you think are deserving of being banned? What are you proposed remedies for someone publishing these items (that you have yet to provide)?

No the terms are not simple, they are vague and open to anyone's opinion of what propaganda is. The same goes for human rights and gay rights.

Quote:
As far as Constitutional rights, we can ask a Supreme court appointed by a different president if gay marriage is fair.
Now who is off topic of the non-topic? (of the NON TOPIC since it has no definitions or examples)

Old 04-28-2015, 12:57 PM

993 posts, read 1,767,623 times
Quote:
you turn your anus into a vagina and try to convince people it's a natural way to go ?
Nooo.... my anus is my anus. It doesn't morph into a vagina when I have anal sex. Plus, the prostate is up there. Also, what about lesbians or straight people that engage in anal sex or even gay men that don't engage in it??

Homosexuality occurs in nature => therefore, it is natural. Whether something is or isn't natural doesn't determine whether it is bad or good. Most diseases are natural; most modern medicine is not.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:58 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
Ah yes, anyone who dares to criticize ANYTHING about 'Murrica, land of the free, home of the brave, the most exceptional country on earth, simply does not deserve living there

I think the Russian government made up this law simply as a pretence, to try and act as if it was doing something for the people. Much of Russia looks like a third world country, the economy is dependent on oil exports, the infrastructure is crumbling, the roads in many regions behind the Ural Mountains are non-existent... and they are occupied with gay propaganda instead of doing something to fix these things. It is pathetic.

I have been to Russia last year. 'Merica is number one !

Russia is allot better then you think it is.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:00 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
Nooo.... my anus is my anus. It doesn't morph into a vagina when I have anal sex. Plus, the prostate is up there. Also, what about lesbians or straight people that engage in anal sex or even gay men that don't engage in it??

Homosexuality occurs in nature => therefore, it is natural. Whether something is or isn't natural doesn't determine whether it is bad or good. Most diseases are natural; most modern medicine is not.

Pedophilia is also natural since it occurs in nature ?

Old 04-28-2015, 01:05 PM

993 posts, read 1,767,623 times
Quote:
Pedophilia is also natural since it occurs in nature ?
You missed my entire point. Whether something is natural does not determine whether it is good or bad.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Russia is allot better then you think it is.
Now I am really confused. What is it that Russia is allotting?

Old 04-28-2015, 01:24 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
We live in a country where parents can't even have a psychologist talk to a kid if he seems a little light in the loafers.

But it's okay if a five year old boy puts a tiara on his head one time, his parents can pump him full of hormones, snip his Johnson, and call him Cathy while demanding a special bathroom for himher

Old 04-28-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
We live in a country where parents can't even have a psychologist talk to a kid if he seems a little light in the loafers.

But it's okay if a five year old boy puts a tiara on his head one time, his parents can pump him full of hormones, snip his Johnson, and call him Cathy while demanding a special bathroom for himher
I'll take that source for where doctors are doing sex reassignment surgeries on 5 year olds.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:37 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Why did you bring up pedophiles when we were discussing keeping gay propaganda away from children ?

Are you purposely posting off topic ?
You still haven't defined "gay propaganda". Are the leaflets? Books? I've never seen them I'm gay, married, and have children. I would think that if there was gay propaganda attacking children, I would have seen it by now.

How about a law to protect children from KKK/Nazi/Right Wing religious nut job propaganda? I do keep that sort of crap away from my children.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:38 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't believe we need any such laws.

I think people's sexual preference is based on chemistry and no amount of "propaganda" will change a person's chemistry.

Well, I agree and disagree.

Human sexuality, just like everything else when it comes to humanity, is a "spectrum".

Most homosexuals are actually functionally "bisexual". And many heterosexuals are functionally bisexual as well.

Sexual orientation, just like everything else in human nature, is one-part genetics and one-part environment(IE sexual imprinting).

Thus to say that being exposed to homosexuality never changes behavior in anyone, is a fallacy. Though it is also false to say that homosexuality would go away if not for the "gay propaganda".

So what is the issue here? Those who want to stop "gay propaganda" see homosexuality as bad, or at least inferior. And believe that society should do everything in its power to prevent kids from ending up gay.

Those who don't support such laws, see homosexuality as perfectly normal, and of no less value to society than heterosexuality. Thus, even if more people who were effectively naturally bisexual chose to be gay. That it is neither bad nor good. So it shouldn't matter.

Of course, many of those people don't just see being gay as "equal", they actually see it as being superior(more partners, less commitment, no kids). If you've ever spent time with gays, you'll realize what a fantasy it is for them to turn a straight man, gay. The same goes for lesbians.

With that said, I would generally side with the people who find homosexuality to be ultimately inferior to heterosexuality. Even if everyone was "tolerant", it still creates a significant number of social issues, and necessarily creates inequality and division. Let alone issues regarding reproduction.

I wish everyone was straight. That would simply be a better world. But I wish a lot of things were different about the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies