Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 07:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Do blacks guard the poppy fields in Afghanistan or is it our Government?

Do blacks launder drug money by the TRILLIONS or is it our Government and Banks they are in bed with?

Do blacks manufacture and sell guns and weapons or is it our Government?

This is bigger than one disenfranchised and systematically excluded group of people. I cannot tell you how annoying it is to me when people ignore reality and accept a heavily modified version of history.

You are being played into hating a whole group of people.

The first 2 questions are great questions! Our government is talking out of both sides of their mouth! On one hand they're fighting this "war on drugs" on the other they're using our military (which I consider it a BLATANT MIS-USE BTW) to guard the largest opium fields in the world! Furthermore, not one of these goddamned big banks like Bank of America and Wells Fargo or their execs have been shut down, or thrown in prison for laundering drug money! Nope! Our government goes and bails them out on our taxpayers' dime!

Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The first 2 questions are great questions! Our government is talking out of both sides of their mouth! On one hand they're fighting this "war on drugs" on the other they're using our military (which I consider it a BLATANT MIS-USE BTW) to guard the largest opium fields in the world! Furthermore, not one of these goddamned big banks like Bank of America and Wells Fargo or their execs have been shut down, or thrown in prison for laundering drug money! Nope! Our government goes and bails them out on our taxpayers' dime!

Exactly.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:09 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
dont make assumptions without the facts. we get it, your glad gray is dead and your not going to believe whatever comes out, even if the police are at fault. you made up your mind already, so move on.
If it's proven there was some cop in the back of the van kicking Freddie in the spine, then yes, prosecute the cop.
But again, had Freddie not been a drug dealing burglar, and just been a productive, law abiding citizen like 95% of society, he wouldn't be in the police van.

You make your bed, you gotta sleep in it.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:10 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I don't care if he's black, white, brown, yellow, or pink....why don't people realize Freddie Gray was a drug dealing burglar who had no interest in being a productive member of society?

If you have 20+ arrests on your record, you're willing to accept the consequences of not being a law-abiding citizen and that life eventually catches up with you one way or another.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for him. He brought his demise in himself.

Why don't people realize this isn't really about Freddie Gray?

It's about the way justice is administered.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:11 AM

818 posts, read 1,017,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
But this has no direct correlation with the fact that most crime involved with African-Americans are black on black or black on white.

These are black and white statistics.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
If it's proven there was some cop in the back of the van kicking Freddie in the spine, then yes, prosecute the cop.
But again, had Freddie not been a drug dealing burglar, and just been a productive, law abiding citizen like 95% of society, he wouldn't be in the police van.

You make your bed, you gotta sleep in it.

And, the last time I checked, being a burgalar is not a capital offense.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:20 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And, the last time I checked, being a burgalar is not a capital offense.
He chose to live the life of a criminal. That usually leads to a poor outcome. Millions of other black men choose to get a job and be productive members of society and don't have to deal with the criminal justice system.

Would you give 2 craps about Freddie if he were killed by another drug dealer. Street justice?

Old 04-30-2015, 07:20 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
why dont you look at whitey batman boy who killed 13 people in denver. why dont you call him a thug or look at his past criminal record.

huff post had a great article on how the media humanizes white criminals (oh, he was such a good kid, couldn't imagine he would do such a thing) to the black criminal (savage, thug).
It's sounding more and more like joker boy is just batsh1t crazy. But we'll see.

And yes, the media is a lot of the problem. And most of them are left of center.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It is amazing to me how many people jump to conclusions (wrongly) before the facts come out. They did in the Martin case, the Garner case, the Brown case.

Chill out until until the facts are released in Grey case!
We learn that most of what is communicated/ interpreted as fact turns out to be hearsay or BS.

Freddie, with the rap sheet, was hanging out in an open air drug market, made eye contact with an officer and ran.

We DK why he ran.

We DK why he was arrested.

We can see Freddie clearly resisted by going limp, yet he was able to step into the van.

We DK what happened in the van.

Some with experience being arrested self injur with the intent of using it to plea bargain.

Seems a stretch to me that one would / could self injur to the point of severing one's own spinal cord
( assuming that's what happened) unless seriously hopped up on a stimulating substance. Even then.......

Old 04-30-2015, 07:23 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So then the penalty for being arrested 20 times is now execution in the back of a police van? Congrats on being part of the problem.
Well he will commit no more crimes or potentially kill someone during the commission of a crime, we are better off without him or his likes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies