Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 10:38 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Creepy GOP'er Mitch pushing to renew? How typically Republican.
And agree, they will continue you to do what they do.
You aseem to be unaware that he does not have the support of the GOP members of his caucus. enouugh Republican Senators have already announced that they want the reauthorization watered down and will vote for cloture to allow a full vote. Sadly, it looks like McConnell will pull a Reid and sit on the bill and not allow it to come up for a vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 11:12 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Snowden revealed the unconstitutional spying on Americans by the government. That's not treason. That's the way it should be.

Who says Clinton was right? And if it was not right for Clinton, why is it right for the NSA?

Those who want government to spy on them should pack up and move to Russia or China or Iran. Such people do not deserve to live in a free society.
yes it is treason...... he violated HIS security clearance ...he violated HIS employers regulations....his employer being the USA..therefore plane and simply, he is a traitor

whether you agree with the policy or not..giving away state secrets is traitorous , and is certainly a violation of his oath

he VIOLATED his oath

military oath:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

CIA oath:
The CIA oath reads: “I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

snowden and manning both violated their oaths...disobeyed orders and regulations and laws

snowden crapped on the country

Old 05-07-2015, 11:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
You aseem to be unaware that he does not have the support of the GOP members of his caucus. enouugh Republican Senators have already announced that they want the reauthorization watered down and will vote for cloture to allow a full vote. Sadly, it looks like McConnell will pull a Reid and sit on the bill and not allow it to come up for a vote.
and that will kill it....since it needs to be voted on to continue it.......so in this case pulling a reid is a good thing it kills the bill started by the liberals 2 decades ago

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-07-2015 at 11:24 AM..

Old 05-07-2015, 11:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
"But they also sent a tacit warning to Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader who is pushing to re-authorize the provision, known as Section 215, without modification: “There will be time then to address appellants’ constitutional issues.”

NSA mass phone surveillance revealed by Edward Snowden ruled illegal | US news | The Guardian

Edward Snowden is my HERO!!!
A Court that ruled wrong .... gee, what a surprise! Snowden is a criminal that should be in jail ... oh wait, he is.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes it is treason...... he violated HIS security clearance ...he violated HIS employers regulations....his employer being the USA..therefore plane and simply, he is a traitor

whether you agree with the policy or not..giving away state secrets is traitorous , and is certainly a violation of his oath

he VIOLATED his oath

military oath:
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

CIA oath:
The CIA oath reads: “I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

snowden and manning both violated their oaths...disobeyed orders and regulations and laws

Numerous people also violated English laws, joined the American Revolution, and were considered traitors by the English.

Not saying you are wrong or that I disagree with you, but appealing to "it is the law" is not much of an argument.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You think Creepy Hillary or Creepy Obama is any different ?
Of course not lol
You think Mitch isnt creepy?

Old 05-07-2015, 11:38 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
"watered down" , yet still reauthorized. You keep falling for the same old tricks dont ya?

Old 05-07-2015, 03:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Much more difficult in a free society, where whistleblowers can find friendy ears in the media, who will spread the word far and wide.
the trouble is that you have to find those whistle blowers who will go against their government to bring things like this to light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

he VIOLATED his oath

military oath:

CIA oath:

the case can be made that snowden DID NOT violate his oaths of office. note that both oaths say that he would support and defend the constitution of the US against all enemies foreign and domestic, and that he would bear true faith and allegiance to the same. and since the NSA wiretaps violate the constitution, he can be said to be supporting the constitution, specifically the fourth amendment. but that is for the courts to decide.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Creepy GOP'er Mitch pushing to renew? How typically Republican.
And agree, they will continue you to do what they do.
Every single piece of the Patriot Act that was expiring got renewed in Congress and signed by President Obama. No debates whatsoever. Through the House, Senate, the Oval office all within a single day.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:38 PM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Still trying to figure out why you would care if the government knows who you called? FYI: they are not listening to the actual calls just monitoring who is calling who to identify those that might have terrorist ties in an effort to thwart possible attacks on US Citizens. Funny how the government is evil and going to far until something does happen then every one screams that the government did not do enough, if one cannot please everyone then the best course of action is to do the right thing for the Nation, in this case I am fine with their actions.

Snowden is a Traitor and if caught should either be locked up for life or taken out and hung, he took an oath and if he could not bring himself to keep it he should have found work elsewhere.

They can though and that is the problem.
Your Emails, texts, phone calls, all internet activity...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies