Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 12:33 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,109,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Culture is a LEARNED behavior and not an innate trait. If black people in America have a culture of violence and disrespect for life.....THAT WAS LEARNED IN AMERICA. Our cultural learning came from our interactions with whites. Hence, how whites treated blacks helped to shape what is erroneously called "black culture"
Ever read or hear of the book "Black Wall Street"? The Tulsa Riots?

It was an historical moment for blacks as well as a tragedy. But the point made in all the books written about Black Wall Street is how 10,000 black people developed a district and prospered. They took the best of what they learned from white people IN AMERICA. Unfortunately white people, with the help of the KKK (3,200) most likely since they appeared in Tulsa shortly before the riots, thought the black people were overreaching and started to feel threatened and destroyed what the black people built (KKK putting the fear in people??). And through determination it was rebuilt within 5 years and thrived. The riot was in May 1921. It started to deteriorate in the 60s with desegregation and many black people moved away from the area. I'm sure there were people who were former slaves or direct descendants of slaves or had family that were slaves, that built the Greenwood district.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwood_(Tulsa)

You have nothing but endless excuses for the bad side of "black culture". How far do you think you get when you keep blaming white people for your own failures? If you have children, I feel sorry for them living under your negative influence. I know black people that wouldn't give you the time of day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Well....have you ever been to Ghana? I have...twice and I learned about the history of European slave traders and colonizers upon the people of Ghana. They have tours dedicated to this. Its part of their tourist industry. So.....that was a massive fail of reasoning on your part. No one is teaching their kids to be racist by teaching them history.
Tours?? Means you went as a tourist. Tours are meant to guide you to what they want you to see, which is usually the "good" parts.

Try living there for a year. Live the life, the culture, the laws. That's how you get to know a country, not by taking a tourist trip.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So she went there and thought she could usurp the locals? Unfortunately for them Ghanaians, in particular the Akans, don't play that. Very prideful people.
I read somewhere AAs become disenchanted when relocating "to their roots" as they aren't actually welcomed or accepted.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:45 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,725,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Tours?? Means you went as a tourist. Tours are meant to guide you to what they want you to see, which is usually the "good" parts.

Try living there for a year. Live the life, the culture, the laws. That's how you get to know a country, not by taking a tourist trip.
I did not go on a tour. I just booked a hotel the first time......and a guy that worked at the hotel befriended me and took me to his village where I met his parents and we drunk some palm wine. He then had a friend who was a jitney driver and the three of us went all over. Nobody knew that I was not an African...until I started talking. I started selling carvings as my friend hooked me up with his friends who carved....then I would import the carvings and sell them here in the US. All was fine until Ghana Airlines went under and Lufthansa Airline double the shipping charges.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I read somewhere AAs become disenchanted when relocating "to their roots" as they aren't actually welcomed or accepted.
You probably read that on Stormfront. Granted, it depends on what you are looking for. I would not recommended visiting as part of a tour group. You get followed around by people looking to sell you stuff. Some people move to a different city.....say Atlanta....and come back disappointment. You have to know yourself and what you are looking for and whether or not the new place has what you need. You are definitely giving up something when you move to Africa....some good some bad....you just have to make sure you can replace the good and expect that there will be some bad there too.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You probably read that on Stormfront. Granted, it depends on what you are looking for. I would not recommended visiting as part of a tour group. You get followed around by people looking to sell you stuff. Some people move to a different city.....say Atlanta....and come back disappointment. You have to know yourself and what you are getting into.
Do a lot of black people post on Stormfront? I wouldn't know because I've never been to that site nor have any interest in reading so much hate. See enough of that here on C-D.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:53 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,434,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORION83 View Post
Latino's aka Mexicans,Arabs etc are included in the "white" racial group. Its not just the homicide rate look at the rest of the rates...just not safe...
Latinos are not included, that's the rate for non-hispanic whites.

Arab-Americans almost certainly lower the rate.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah....we just made calling each other N'gghas.....up all by ourselves. Obviously that is word from the "twi" language.
No it isn't, but obruni is.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
No it isn't, but obruni is.
But 99.9% of African Americans do not even know what Obruni means......so we could not have learned that here. In other words, using that word is not part of African American culture.....but using the N word is and we learned that word from white folks calling us that.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:12 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,778,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Dare I mention the fact that Ghana as a whole has a gun ownership rate of .3 per 100 residents and ranks 174th out of 178 for gun ownership, both legal and illegal?
No. How dare you point that out!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies