Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 06:07 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times

Advertisements

How come talking about blacks being associated with BBQ doesn't the same racial hurumphfs as fried chicken or watermelon?

Old 05-12-2015, 06:09 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe you are not white. I have a friend from Germany, told me Polish are not white.

Hey it happens. I think Polish are white, but opinions vary.
There are also plenty of white Africans, white Jamaicans, etc.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:24 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

As for those other calibrations you listed, I could be German and black.
well, but you need to think about it this way, maybe some white folks do not even share the same culture with other white folks. Therefore, they think the white month is an insult to them.

For example, I am German/Irish/Japanese/Hawaiian, Why do I want to celebrate Asian pacific islander month or whatever? I am not white, I am not Asian, I am not Hawaiian, certainly not Native American! lol

I know plenty of white people (100%) white people DO NOT care about white history because they don't feel they share the same history with other "white" people.

Just sayin'.

e.g. My grandpa was 100% white, he was also German-American. He certainly had a very interesting theory about who is white, and who is not.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-12-2015 at 06:48 AM..

Old 05-12-2015, 07:01 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Yet we have black history month.

As for those other calibrations you listed, I could be German and black.
There is a BLACK History Month (basically for African-Americans) because their ethnic/cultural affiliations were literally beaten out of their ancestors.

That's why people who, for example, compare Irish and "black" are ignorant because Irish are only one group who still have knowledge of their specific heritage and hold their ethnic names, cultural links etc.

The people called "black" today come from over 45 different ethnicities and all ethnic knowledge, names and distinctions were lost due to the harshness of treatment of their ancestors.

People comare and complain about "black" history month are either ignorant as hell or inhumane...or both.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 05-12-2015 at 07:24 AM..

Old 05-12-2015, 07:05 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So when is white history month?
It will be when whites have their cultures literally beaten out of them and a color label forced on them as an identity.

For now, they still have knowledge of their ethnic identities.

STOP WHINING.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
There is a BLACK History Month (basically for African-Americans) because their ethnic/cultural affiliations were literally beaten out of their ancestors.

That's why people who, for example, compare Irish and "black" are ignorant because Irish are only one group who still have knowledge of their specific heritage and hold their ethnic names, cultural links etc.

The people called "black" today come from over 45 different ethnicities and all ethnic knowledge, names and distinctions were lost due to the harshness of treatment of their ancestors.

People comare and complain about "black" history month are either ignorant as hell or inhumane...or both.
I couldn't care less that Black History Month exists. What I do care about is the double standard and the guaranteed racism accusations that would occur if White History Month were ever proposed.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
It will be when whites have their cultures literally beaten out of them and a color label forced on them as an identity.

For now, they still have knowledge of their ethnic identities.

STOP WHINING.

I'm not whining. I'm laughing. Thanks for posting here.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:48 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, but you need to think about it this way, maybe some white folks do not even share the same culture with other white folks. Therefore, they think the white month is an insult to them.

For example, I am German/Irish/Japanese/Hawaiian, Why do I want to celebrate Asian pacific islander month or whatever? I am not white, I am not Asian, I am not Hawaiian, certainly not Native American! lol

I know plenty of white people (100%) white people DO NOT care about white history because they don't feel they share the same history with other "white" people.

Just sayin'.

e.g. My grandpa was 100% white, he was also German-American. He certainly had a very interesting theory about who is white, and who is not.
Well, for people with mixed racial heritage, they belong to no group but others would make racial identification for you. It's a difficult situation for many growing up, I believe.

But it is clear that if you have even one drop of non-white blood in you, you are not white. Unless you look totally white. lol

Mick

Old 05-12-2015, 07:51 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
This is racism disguised (and poorly/foolishly so) as something that is somehow noble. The owner speaks about black History month, etc., and then announces he's celebrating white appreciation day by offering discounts to white customers. I'd have no problem with this if he also had "appreciation" days for other races; the fact that he says this is unlikely tells me all I need to know about this racist bag of trash. And, note, I've never heard of discounts for blacks at retails/dining establishments in honor of their "blackness"/black history--if I had, and things occurred under similar circumstances, I'd call it out just as much here.

Interestingly, this man is a white Hispanic and fully thinks of himself as an Anglo, which is is as a matter of racial background. But, and this may come as news to him, most non-Hispanic whites who would buy into something like this would still look down on him as a "lowly Hispanic."

Old 05-12-2015, 07:53 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Well, for people with mixed racial heritage, they belong to no group but others would make racial identification for you. It's a difficult situation for many growing up, I believe.

But it is clear that if you have even one drop of non-white blood in you, you are not white. Unless you look totally white. lol

Mick
My theory is that if you have even one drop of non-white blood in you, you are not white, even if you look totally white. LOL

There are white, there are George Zimmerman white LOL

There are blond/blue mixed Japanese /white (like my little adorable darling nephew) but let's pray Japan behaves from now on, because He would for sure going to the internment camps if he lived in west coast California during WWii. LOL

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-12-2015 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies