Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 09:48 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,682,349 times

Advertisements

I would choose a gay president over an Evangelical candidate.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:56 PM

8,344 posts, read 6,438,626 times
There is no hate like the hate that comes from the gay left.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:53 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
The Jehovah God loves all people, yet he hates sin. When someone accepts Jesus as their savior, God the Father does not see sin at all, because that's been whitewashed by Jesus. So many people do not understand that Christians can not enter heaven on their own accord, as humanity is too depraved and so far from God. Jesus was perfect and had no sin, so he died to stand in for judgment for all men. Jehovah will reward all persons that have accepted Jesus, as those peoples' inner spirit, not their flesh, will become perfectly sinless too.

All Christian men are all homoemotional, as they have a love for the divine man, Jesus. Gay men would make exceptional Christians because they have an such an innate need for love from other males. The way the media and other forces alienate gays from Christianity, is almost like an incredible dark comedy if it wasn't so tragic for the loss of souls. There is a spiritual war waging over us, and most haven't a clue of this drama for the ages.
Doesn't make any sense Christians believe that God is all powerful, all Good, all knowing, and Christians believe that God created the world,and everything in it, that would include attraction for the same sex in some individuals. How then can anything created by God be far from God, the second bolded statement supports my last sentence.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:50 PM

424 posts, read 382,114 times
I prefer whoever is willing to work to move this country forward, which is probably no one as we keep electing the most incompetent congress and blame the president..... the 2 party system has failed (predicted by Thomas Jefferson) we need to move in the direction of Europe.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:53 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,774,511 times
What is overlooked by too many Christians, is that there have been numerous translations of the Bible. Which translation is exactly what the original manuscripts said? Truth, none of them. As we get into current Bibles, just between the Catholic and Protestant versions, there are huge number of differences between them. Each group will say their Bible is the correct version.

Why over the years, have verses been removed from the Bible, which have been many over the centuries of the Bible?

Why do a lot of the modern versions, not say the exact same thing as the KJV Bible, that they are supposed to be just converting to modern language?

We are told, that every word in the Bible is true. If that is a fact, why do so many verses have different meanings than other verses covering the same thing. In fact, some are just the opposite of others? Which is true, and which is false? Yes, if one is true, the other has to be false.

I am a Christian. These things I know and understand about the Bible. When non believers look at the Bible and see these facts above are true, no wonder they are confused about Christians.

Fact: We are not a Christian Nation, as so many claim. We are a nation of many religions, some Christian and some Not. In the US there is a separation between churches and state, and just because one religion believes something is wrong or right, has no power to control things in the United States.

Fact: Because you have a certain religions belief, you have no say about taking away a Gay Persons rights, due to your religions beliefs. This will be determined in Constitutional Rights in court, and the courts are coming down on the side of the Gay members of society. That is why most people would rather have a Gay Person as President, than some of t he more fundamentalist religions that want to take away rights from Americans. Just because you Bible says a certain thing, does not make it t he law of the land.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:11 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,767 times
I think I'd just pick the best person for the job based on his or her ability to successfully govern. For example, I thought Bill Clinton was an excellent governor. I don't care if he's straight, gay, Christian, or all the above. Coulda been all three at once but doesn't matter.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:15 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,166,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Here lies the problem this is the reason why some self proclaimed Christians are hypocrites you can't love someone while simultaneously hating who they are.
So you think that someone's identity ("who they are") is determined by their sexual practices and desires? That's pretty shallow. I think that a person is much more than their sexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You can't simultaneously feel love and hate at the same moment Slowpoke, no one can.
1. You obviously don't have a child who has ever been seriously wronged.
2. Love is much more than just a feeling.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:15 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Why is it a religious person's duty to regulate what other people do away from view and that do not involve you.

Why is this stuff only in the Old Testament, which many Christians do not follow, and there is nothing in the New Testament about the gays, as I understand it.

Why don't we let God judge the gays at the gates of heaven?

If a gay couple does not engage in sodomy (because of, e.g., old age, physical handicap, etc.), are they committing a sin by gay? Is being in a loving same-sex relationship different than having a best buddy of same sex under that scenario? Is everyone going to hell because we all have a best buddy of same sex (no sodomy in most cases, I imagine)?

Just curious, please explain.

Mick

Old 05-11-2015, 05:26 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,688,917 times
Depends on the message the evangelist was trying to put out. If its one of peace, love, and acceptance (love the sinner, not the sin) then id vote for the evangelist. If its one of hate, fire and brimstone, purge the world etc then id vote for the gay man.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:36 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,726 times
America has a rude awakening ahead where in the end we are not even in prophecy. We will be nothing, poof , gone as natural disasters eliminate North America a ship of ignorant fools setting themselves up for a scenario similar to Sodom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies