Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 02:30 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

The two things that people will remember about the current idiot infesting the WH is that idiots voted for a community organizer idiot twice because he is well-spoken and clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 03:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Video at link;
Obama: I've Made the US Stronger, More Prosperous, Safer, More Influential - Breitbart

In part;

"The president said, “I’m proud of saving the American economy. We still have a long way to go. Essentially what we did was stabilize it, lay a new foundation to move forward. As I said in the State of the Union address, that gives us, now the capacity to tackle what was an overriding theme of my campaign way back in 2008. And that is to restore middle class economics and the capacity for people to get into the middle class and start seeing higher wages and a broader shared prosperity inside the United States.”
For the same coverage I had the increase in premium was only 93%- how does he do it?
If one listened to his wife today, you'd think we are living in 1940. Talk about one depressing First Lady, she is not even trying to enjoy all the things SHE has been blessed with. The President and the First Lady are squashing inspiration of most people and certainly our youth! No wonder the economy is falling......

"The road ahead is not going to be easy. It never is, especially for folks like you and me. Because while we've come so far, the truth is those age-old problems are stubborn, and they haven't fully gone away," Obama said.
The first lady said she and President Barack Obama have dealt with the sting of daily slights through their entire lives. "The people at formal events who assumed you were the help and those that have questioned our intelligence, our honesty and even our love of this country."
She said those little indignities are minimal compared to "nagging worries that you are going to get stopped or pulled over for absolutely no reason" or the "agony of sending your kids to schools that may no longer be separate, but are far from equal."
Obama said the frustration is "rooted in decades of structural challenges that have made too many folks feel frustrated and invisible. And those feelings are playing out in communities like Baltimore and Ferguson and so many others across this country." But those frustrations are not an excuse to give in to despair and anger, Obama said.

She must have joined her husband and tried the crack....... Can't believe this is the speech she was willing to put forth for the young.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
People for the most part, are very, VERY happy with the direction Mr. Obama has taken the country.

Unemployment down, BOOM............stock market up for over 5 years, BOOM.........Osama dead, BOOM...........Housing prices in many area above the last bubble, BOOM, record profits for many companies, BOOM, record profits for many brokerage-houses/investment banks, BOOM ....................the glory and prosperity that Mr. Obama has brought back to the USA is nothing short of remarkable!!!!!!

Hillary 2016!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like people are willing to let us go over the edge.

Notice Dems are not giving much choice, now who's showing dictatorship? The party of

Old 05-11-2015, 04:48 PM

President Obama, hasn't waivered....... Obama on TV in 2009, as seen from the NYSE floor. Associated Press
In a recent interview with the Economist, President Barack Obama made the following statement: “I think you’d have to say that we’ve managed the economy pretty well and business has done okay.” He said: “Since I have come into office, there’s almost no economic metric by which you couldn’t say that the U.S. economy is better and that corporate bottom lines are better. None.”

Found this article...........Have Most Economic Indicators Improved Under Obama? - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Labor force participation rose through the 1990s as women became increasingly likely to join the labor force. But participation of prime-age workers peaked in the 1990s and declined slightly in the 2000s and at an accelerating pace since Mr. Obama assumed office.

Another measure that does not point to an improving economy is enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps. Even though the recession officially ended in mid-2009, the number of people collecting food stamps continued to climb until recent months, and participation in the program remains far higher than any other point over the past 30 years.

Two Princeton University professors recently waded into this debate. Alan Blinder, a former Fed vice chairman appointed by Bill Clinton and Mark Watson, a career academic, studied the economy across presidencies and found that economic growth was stronger during Democratic presidencies. They cautioned, however, against attributing this to successful policy.

“Democrats would no doubt like to attribute the large D-R growth gap to macroeconomic policy choices, but the data do not support such a claim,” they wrote.

“It seems we must look instead to several variables that are mostly `good luck,’ with perhaps a touch of `good policy.’ Specifically, Democratic presidents have experienced, on average, better oil shocks than Republicans (some of which may have been induced by foreign policy), a better legacy of productivity shocks, more favorable international conditions, and perhaps more
optimistic consumer expectations,” they concluded.

For more on the challenges of evaluating presidents, see two earlier posts on presidential records on poverty and job creation.

As noted in an earlier post studying presidents by their records on poverty, the poverty rate has climbed since Mr. Obama took office. Through 2012, the most recent year available, the number of people in poverty had risen by 2.9 million.

Studying presidents by their job creation record, also places Mr. Obama near the bottom of the pack. Since the presidency of Harry Truman, only three presidents have seen the level of employment grow by a smaller percent than Mr. Obama: the brief presidency of Gerald Ford, the one-term presidency of George H.W. Bush, and that of his son, George W. Bush which ended in the recession.

President Obama should not have come in dancing.........

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.

Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-19-2015 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 05-19-2015, 03:52 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sounds like people are willing to let us go over the edge.

Notice Dems are not giving much choice, now who's showing dictatorship? The party of

Well, this craziness is mainly fueled by Fedgov policies.

Eventually things are going to pop, again......and we will hear more or the same wailing that we heard last time..........HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 04:27 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
People for the most part, are very, VERY happy with the direction Mr. Obama has taken the country.

Unemployment down, BOOM............stock market up for over 5 years, BOOM.........Osama dead, BOOM...........Housing prices in many area above the last bubble, BOOM, record profits for many companies, BOOM, record profits for many brokerage-houses/investment banks, BOOM ....................the glory and prosperity that Mr. Obama has brought back to the USA is nothing short of remarkable!!!!!!

Hillary 2016!!!!!!!!!!!
No, they aren't.

Americans' Satisfaction With Direction of U.S. Wanes
One in four Americans (26%) satisfied with direction of U.S.
•Satisfaction down six points since February
Gov't, economy and unemployment remain most cited U.S. problems

I hate to steal your word, but BOOM.

By the way, his approval rating is below 50% too.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:37 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
When Pres. Obama took office in 2009 I figured that he'd be reasonably good foreign policy-wise, and that I would not be happy w/ him domestic/economic policy-wise. I was wrong--he was bad on the economy and disastrous foreign policy-wise.

Note how he speaks in the vaguest of possible terms when talking about how he "saved," "stabilized" the economy and "laid a foundation." What exactly did he do? The only thing I see is that federal spending was stabilized starting in 2010 after the upwards spike of 2008-2010. But that was John Boehner's work. Obama was dragged kicking and screaming to that result.

He will likely leave a $20 trillion debt to whomever takes over in 2017. It's laughable for him to claim that he has done anything for the middle class. He's doubled down on the trend that started under W Bush wherein DC & environs are the wealth center of the US.

Barack Obama's signal legacy will be that he was a guy with very good sales skills. Like any good salesman, he will never shy away from an opportunity for self-promotion, and OP's link provides yet another example.
Absolutely nothing BO has done is the right thing to do. Even Murphy's Law doesn't apply to this lost cause.

I believe his legacy will be "the worst President ever in the history of America." I just hope we can survive his total disastrous mess.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:43 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Let's see what Hillary has to say about it shall we? From her recent Iowa trip...

"We've got to figure out in our country how to get back on the right track."

"Unfortunately the deck is still stacked in favor of those at the top,"

Hillary Clinton faces promise, risk of being seen as 3rd Obama term | Deseret News

Man. Pass the popcorn. This is going to be a hillarious election cycle.

P.S. Also, please don't forget what we learned in the 2008 primaries. Hillary supporters are racists. God, I love that meme...it's just the snake eating it's tail.
Oh come on, Mathguy, give it a break.

You know darn well Hillary is a solid member of the middle class in 2001 having come out of government subsidized housing nearly broke! Since 2001 Hillary has managed to enter the middle class through hard work earning $1 million a month. If that isn't solid middle class I sure would like to know what is.

I am going to support Hillary all the way through the democrat primary cycle and every other republican should do the same. Come on now, get with me on this will you?

Old 05-19-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:

[MOD CUT/off topic]

You are stating the above "tongue in cheek?" Unemployment is very high. Last I heard 63% of the total workforce is not working. The 5+% figure is bogus and doesn't count all those that have exceeding the time limit to collect unemployment and/or have totally quit looking for work.

It took pressure from others applied to BO at least 3 times before the order came to hit Osama. He "dallied" for 3 months...it is surprising we didn't miss him...again. Clinton could have gotten him several times and didn't have the guts to give the order. In addition, all the work that finally located bin Ladan was done mostly under Bush and Cheney. BO can only "claim" to "voice" the order needed.

Housing and mortgage is still in a mess. "Record profits for many companies is only because BO has screwed up the economy and said companies are not reinvesting, expanding and creating jobs.

What BO has brought to the USA is surely "nothing short of remarkable." No one else would ever make so many stupid decisions, throw away the Constitution and put American on the road down a steep hill to crashing. I hope and pray that the next election brings us a Republican President, Senate and House so we can actually start back up the hill to what America has always been before the BO disaster.

Last edited by lorrysda; 05-19-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 05-19-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Oh come on, Mathguy, give it a break.

You know darn well Hillary is a solid member of the middle class in 2001 having come out of government subsidized housing nearly broke! Since 2001 Hillary has managed to enter the middle class through hard work earning $1 million a month. If that isn't solid middle class I sure would like to know what is.

I am going to support Hillary all the way through the democrat primary cycle and every other republican should do the same. Come on now, get with me on this will you?
Oh, gee, is that why she and Bill took so many priceless items that were White House property with them when they moved out? It all was finally repossessed and returned (at least most of it), but I have always questioned why in the world this thievery was never spotlighted and, instead it was put on the back burner of news. Wow! Who did they pay off with all that Money they "didn't have."

Last edited by lorrysda; 05-19-2015 at 05:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies