Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:09 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,240,588 times

Advertisements

Howdy!

Well, I really debated on whether or not I'd make a thread on this because 1. They are so cliché and 2. They usually turn into nothing more than a pissing contest.

With that being said I'll take my risk. This thread is going to be all over the place so just bear w/ me . I created a thread a while back on why blacks don't just say enough and it was around the time the Trayvon Martin verdict had been rendered and sadly, many did not see past what I said regarding the verdict. Anyway........that's been beaten to death. I'd like to just state my frustration w/ the rioting that's been going on. Now granted I'm not a fan of police brutality (i.e. police violence inflicted by cops who are on a power trip), I ALSO condemn destroying random strangers property that one does not even know. You just don't do that!

My question is this though. Why the hell should I, a responsible black individual have to take the heat for something I'm not doing. These threads are seldom about every getting to a root or anything positive, rather than that, it's about a bunch of cowards who hide behind a screen name to vent about blacks. I honestly have more respect for the KKK than I do any of these xenophobic Neanderthals who hide on this website b/c at least the former is bold enough to publicly say it. Why should I have to be the one to police every one of my race? I shouldn't! I can't control what every black person does especially when I don't even live w/ every one of them. Are you going to fund my flights to travel all over the U.S. to address this? If so, I'll gladly grant you your wish. If you are not going to fund my flights then you have no say, !

Now that that's out of the way. Why do people think all blacks claim racism. Hey when I see a dumbass post a video of himself or herself wilding out, I'm like "seriously"? It's absurd however to say things like "this is typical black people" or "blacks don't raise kids property" I want to ask where the assumption comes from. That is biased, I won't use racist because I do feel the word is overused today but it IS biased. I could easily turn this around and say "look at what these racist white guys do in these schools, that's why I never send my kids to a white school" obviously that would be ridiculous because there are good and bad in every race. Not liking ratchet behavior is not racist but generalizing is biased. Hell being from the south, I'm not always comfortable around whites because I've met some pretty trifling ones, especially those of the lower income realm. You don't think that I feel awkward at times being the only black person at an event?

Hip hop culture-Okay, well I listen to a bit of everything though I don't like a lot of rap today b/c a lot of it is just really crappy. I do like a lot of urban music though, no need to go further. Don't really do the du rag thing though (unless I'm at the gym ).

Also, why the hell is it that when the black middle class is addressed, it is just ASSumed that they did not work for it or that they are not hard workers at all?

Anyone care to elaborate?

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-12-2015 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: language

Old 05-12-2015, 01:12 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,854,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Howdy!

Well, I really debated on whether or not I'd make a thread on this because 1. They are so cliché and 2. They usually turn into nothing more than a pissing contest.

With that being said I'll take my risk. This thread is going to be all over the place so just bear w/ me . I created a thread a while back on why blacks don't just say enough and it was around the time the Trayvon Martin verdict had been rendered and sadly, many did not see past what I said regarding the verdict. Anyway........that's been beaten to death. I'd like to just state my frustration w/ the rioting that's been going on. Now granted I'm not a fan of police brutality (i.e. police violence inflicted by cops who are on a power trip), I ALSO condemn destroying random strangers property that one does not even know. You just don't do that!

My question is this though. Why the hell should I, a responsible black individual have to take the heat for something I'm not doing. These threads are seldom about every getting to a root or anything positive, rather than that, it's about a bunch of cowards who hide behind a screen name to vent about blacks. I honestly have more respect for the KKK than I do any of these xenophobic Neanderthals who hide on this website b/c at least the former is bold enough to publicly say it. Why should I have to be the one to police every one of my race? I shouldn't! I can't control what every black person does especially when I don't even live w/ every one of them. Are you going to fund my flights to travel all over the U.S. to address this? If so, I'll gladly grant you your wish. If you are not going to fund my flights then you have no say, !

Now that that's out of the way. Why do people think all blacks claim racism. Hey when I see a dumbass post a video of himself or herself wilding out, I'm like "seriously"? It's absurd however to say things like "this is typical black people" or "blacks don't raise kids property" I want to ask where the assumption comes from. That is biased, I won't use racist because I do feel the word is overused today but it IS biased. I could easily turn this around and say "look at what these racist white guys do in these schools, that's why I never send my kids to a white school" obviously that would be ridiculous because there are good and bad in every race. Not liking ratchet behavior is not racist but generalizing is biased. Hell being from the south, I'm not always comfortable around whites because I've met some pretty trifling ones, especially those of the lower income realm. You don't think that I feel awkward at times being the only black person at an event?

Hip hop culture-Okay, well I listen to a bit of everything though I don't like a lot of rap today b/c a lot of it is just really crappy. I do like a lot of urban music though, no need to go further. Don't really do the du rag thing though (unless I'm at the gym ).

Also, why the hell is it that when the black middle class is addressed, it is just ASSumed that they did not work for it or that they are not hard workers at all?

I get asked to take responsibility for the mistakes of previous white males all the time. At least the group you are held accountable against is alive. Some expect I need to right the wrongs of others that have been dead for 150 years.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-12-2015 at 02:17 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 01:26 PM

17,870 posts, read 14,885,230 times
Quote:
Howdy!

Well. You're kind of assuming that ALL whites think ALL blacks claim racism. Or that all whites think the black middle class doesn't have a work ethic.

You are doing the exact same thing that you accuse whites of.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-12-2015 at 02:17 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 01:43 PM

876 posts, read 1,005,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I get asked to take responsibility for the mistakes of previous white males all the time. At least the group you are held accountable against is alive. Some expect I need to right the wrongs of others that have been dead for 150 years.
This.

Also while generalizing is bad I think it's pretty valid to make generalized statements about groups and their behavior if certain kinds of behavior appear to be widely enough common within them, even if not 100% of every member within them does it, which is why I think the "oh, so you think EVERYONE in that group is like that???" argument is a load of ****.

To be fair towards blacks, American blacks aren't all blacks. I have met a couple of blacks that do not live in the US and they did not strike me like they were very much like the typical African-American black. Perhaps American blacks are just worse than other nation's blacks?

Old 05-12-2015, 01:45 PM

7,550 posts, read 5,801,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
LMAO! That was just perfect and shows the hypocrisy here. I wish I could give you 100 rep points by alas, 1 will have to do!

Old 05-12-2015, 01:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,634,874 times
Quote:
Howdy!

Sure!

I'll give a Reader's Digest response to your long but well-stated post:

Some of my brethren see our precious white privilege melting away and they're not exactly thrilled by that development. Hey, we white guys have had it good for a long time and we've gotten very accustomed to it. They see things like affirmative action not as a leveler, but as reverse discrimination. Their knee-jerk reaction is to gripe about minorities - not just blacks, btw.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-12-2015 at 02:18 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 02:00 PM

25,600 posts, read 56,628,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
To be fair towards blacks, American blacks aren't all blacks. I have met a couple of blacks that do not live in the US and they did not strike me like they were very much like the typical African-American black. Perhaps American blacks are just worse than other nation's blacks?
This has been my observation for a good long while. American blacks were marginalized, segregated, and neglected en masse in a white society for well over 100 years, and we are now reaping the generational results. Blacks in other countries had different individual experiences and those experiences have shaped them differently.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:25 PM

59,501 posts, read 27,633,512 times
Quote:
Howdy!

"I, a responsible black individual have to take the heat for something I'm not doing."

Why do you think you are any different then most?

Read the threads and the "news", repubs "hate" fill in the blank. Repubs want to throw granny off the cliff " dems re Socialists"

When 1 person of any party says something the ENTIRE populace of that group is
accused of, fill in the blanks

Old 05-12-2015, 02:36 PM

139 posts, read 86,048 times
Unfortunately, prejudice is a prevalent trait among humanity. One's ability to make rational decisions or embrace rational thought despite emotional triggers that warn against doing so requires substantial willpower. Ultimately, as an individual, you are responsible for your own behavior and no one else's (an exception being underage dependents, to be sure).

Old 05-12-2015, 02:37 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,446,743 times
Quote:
I ALSO condemn destroying random strangers property that one does not even know. You just don't do that!
Agreed.

Quote:
My question is this though. Why the hell should I, a responsible black individual have to take the heat for something I'm not doing.
You shouldn't, so don't. I'm not responsible for racist white people am I. Glad we got that worked out.

Quote:
Why should I have to be the one to police every one of my race? I shouldn't!
No, you're right you should not have to do that and me neither right?

Quote:
I can't control what every black person does especially when I don't even live w/ every one of them
You're kind of repeating yourself here, but the point is taken. You are not responsible for other black peoples bad beahvoir. And i'm not responsible for other white people's bad behavior, got it?

Quote:
Yes, hip-hop today sucks but there's more than enough 90's good stuff to listen to so this new stuff can effectively be ignored.

Quote:
You need to quit listening to the extreme's on either side. Come on over to the middle with most of the rest of us. We like some of the same things...you don't have to view everything through the prism of your race. Just be a dude.

And...where's your honesty. I just see a bunch of statements about how you're not responsible for your race. Same as me. That's not honesty, its just reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies