Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:28 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times

Advertisements

As a side point: I guess Newt considers a new run for the White House... Is that the kind of candidate republicans bring forward for the 2016 elections? I hear Mike Hukabbe too...
Wasting energy discrediting Obama or DeBlasio won't help. Putting forward a worthy candidate (where are they?) will do much more for republicans. Unfortunately they aten't getting it.
As for DeBlasio - it's all empty rhetoric. NY governor will never approve it and besides, where are the (many) billions needed for such reforms? It's a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 10:35 AM

364 posts, read 277,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and who is going to pay for that? Oh.....the so called super rich?
illegal immigrants should not be here in the first place. let them wait in line like the rest of the LEGAL
immigrants!

I guess you dont care that he hates the police like the pagan god in the white house does.
Same country that can manage to pay for foreign aid and billions of dollars for wars. Tough if you or anyone else doesn't like it. Its pathetic when you people don't care about the billions or trillions spent on those but spend some money on American citizens now that's bad!

Old 05-13-2015, 10:54 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
funny how this man who is destroying New York can't unleash this plan in his own city because he knows he would be booed off stage. the last two republican mayors of New York were successfull in making the city safe and wealtheir. Deblasio is destroying that, and wants to do that to the rest of America now with his "liberal contract with America" which is nothing more but the same old tax and spend crap that doesn't work.

Gingrich Slams de Blasio's Plan: 'A Delusional Policy of Destruction'
DeBlasio is hitting the National Stage as his approval rating for the City he was elected to manage, drops lower all the time. He is a disaster for New York City - Black, White, Brown, Purple, Yellow, Green all agree with that. Texans saw Wendy Davis try for the Governor's Office when she had no chance of re-election in her Senate District - DeBlasio may be looking ahead for a landing spot.

New York City voters disapprove 56 - 35 percent of the way the mayor is handling the police and disapprove 57 - 35 percent of the way he is handling relations between the police and the community. Crime is a "very serious" or "somewhat serious" problem in the city, 87 percent of voters say. This includes 82 percent of white voters, 90 percent of black voters and 93 percent of Hispanic voters. |Quinnipiac Poll

This Leftist War on Police may hammer a hard nail in the coffin of the Far Left. At the end of the day - people don't like Crime and do want Police protection. Rising crime is only one of the problems in New York City, but it does make a good barometer of the other problems.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:03 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
correct. People want jobs and more money in their pocket. I seriously doubt they want universal pre-K.
Universal pre-k is just another "feel good-ism" from the left to make the low information voters ear tingle with glee to get more votes.

<sarcasm>why don't we just add then, universal food for all, universal housing, universal clothing while were at it?
Get the rich to pay for evertything until they run out of money. hell I think the government should pay for my car loan, childs schooling, karate lessons, dance lessons. </sarcasm>

What the left fails to realize, we can't pay for everything for everybody. Most of the poor are that way because of bad personal decisions and they want the government to wipe their azz for them.

The ones that are down on thier luck like I previously mentioned want a good paying job and able to spend money as they see fit. Unfortunately people like mayor De-bloated and liberals like him feel they are better at spending everyone elses money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
DeBlasio is hitting the National Stage as his approval rating for the City he was elected to manage, drops lower all the time. He is a disaster for New York City - Black, White, Brown, Purple, Yellow, Green all agree with that. Texans saw Wendy Davis try for the Governor's Office when she had no chance of re-election in her Senate District - DeBlasio may be looking ahead for a landing spot.

New York City voters disapprove 56 - 35 percent of the way the mayor is handling the police and disapprove 57 - 35 percent of the way he is handling relations between the police and the community. Crime is a "very serious" or "somewhat serious" problem in the city, 87 percent of voters say. This includes 82 percent of white voters, 90 percent of black voters and 93 percent of Hispanic voters. |Quinnipiac Poll

This Leftist War on Police may hammer a hard nail in the coffin of the Far Left. At the end of the day - people don't like Crime and do want Police protection. Rising crime is only one of the problems in New York City, but it does make a good barometer of the other problems.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:26 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Being a Republican, I'm not a big fan of his obviously. However, I don't think his universal Kindergarten idea is that bad.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:27 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
I think the world is not going to end if we do not provide universal pre-k.
most public schools offer some sort of pre-k now. At least in philly they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Being a Republican, I'm not a big fan of his obviously. However, I don't think his universal Kindergarten idea is that bad.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:21 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Just what I'm looking for, a recipe for the nation generated by an unapologetic, radical Marxist.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
funny how this man who is destroying New York can't unleash this plan in his own city because he knows he would be booed off stage. the last two republican mayors of New York were successfull in making the city safe and wealtheir. Deblasio is destroying that, and wants to do that to the rest of America now with his "liberal contract with America" which is nothing more but the same old tax and spend crap that doesn't work.

Gingrich Slams de Blasio's Plan: 'A Delusional Policy of Destruction'
So what did de Blasio do that is destroying New York ????

Old 05-13-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I think the world is not going to end if we do not provide universal pre-k.
most public schools offer some sort of pre-k now. At least in philly they do.
But the world also isnt going to end if you do offer it.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

No one ever claimed to like crime. Critiquing police is not the same as not wanting them to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies