Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: A black president in the future?
Yes 46 67.65%
No 22 32.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:15 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We have one. Why is it so important that he or she has two black parents with a slave legacy?

SMH...It's just...forget it. I can't right now.

Obama is no more black than he is white. Why is it hard for people to understand this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 12:15 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Ben Carson is black.
Yes, and I like him very much. I think there is a place for him under a Republican president, but not President right now.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:16 PM

364 posts, read 277,687 times
I don't think nor do I hope America lasts more than 3 or 4 more presidents no matter race,gender or political persuasion....

Old 05-16-2015, 12:19 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
A black president in the future Sure why not but I don't see what difference it makes whether he is black, white, grey, hispanic, or anything else.

I have always voted for the guy who I think will do the best job for America. I would even vote for a woman (sorry Hillary that is NOT you) if she were the best candidate.

I would not vote for anyone that felt the need to bring his slave heritage into the campaign. That is a stupid crutch and a smart man who would be president has long ago put that behind him.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:20 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
You know. One whose parents are both black and have a legacy going back to slavery and grew up in a black household. I don't think so to be honest. I think we will see a Hispanic president before that.
I voted no.

Hispanic? Certainly but not black.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:20 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times
Certainly. The black community just needs to put a strong person up there, just like anyone else. Sure, some racists will oppose any black candidate, but as Obama's election demonstrates, the rantings of a minority don't trump the good sense of the majority.

I bet Oprah could win the presidency in 2016 if she announced tomorrow.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
You know. One whose parents are both black and have a legacy going back to slavery and grew up in a black household. I don't think so to be honest. I think we will see a Hispanic president before that.
If Obama represents the policies and thinking blacks like I won't be voting for one.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
I want to know why it is important to have a president of any particular skin color. A lot of blacks were real excited when Obama was elected. I guess it was a sort of pride thing. I get that, but also think that focusing on race rather than qualifications is a bad approach.
Don't worry about our approach. Worry about yours.

Quote:
Obama is no more black than he is white. Why is it hard for people to understand this?
He's whatever he says he is.

The whole "he's just as white as he is black" is just your silly ass attempt at poking black folks and trying to remind us that Obama winning was really no victory for blacks.

You can deal with your batch of sour grapes much better than trying to belittle black people online.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:27 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
Ben Carson is black.
Carson is 20% White per his Wiki page .

Old 05-16-2015, 01:34 PM

27,157 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:

Well first off the best person for the job ought to be the number 1 criteria.
Second of all when that person is there hopefully the People will be smart enough to lend them that support regardless of race or gender.

Third there never should be any order of race/ethnicity/gender to "achieve".

There never should be any goal of putting anyone in Office due to any of those variable factors.
Always the best person not anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies