Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 04:03 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid Off View Post
If you are following the news the story of the boat people fleeing poverty and violence is everywhere. Europe does not want the African Boat people and the countries of Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia don't want the boat people escaping from Burma and Bangladesh.

America is the richest country in the world and we have lots of space for these long suffering people. We need to bring the boat people here for resettlement! Click on the link below for more information.

Hardline stance on new 'boat people' - BBC News
Good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 04:18 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid Off View Post
If you are following the news the story of the boat people fleeing poverty and violence is everywhere. Europe does not want the African Boat people and the countries of Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia don't want the boat people escaping from Burma and Bangladesh.

America is the richest country in the world and we have lots of space for these long suffering people. We need to bring the boat people here for resettlement! Click on the link below for more information.

Hardline stance on new 'boat people' - BBC News
No, our country is going bankrupt and we are trillions in debt with scarce jobs and resources. I find it funny that with a handle of "Laid Off" that you would advocate for this.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I have no issue with them coming here as long as we have a good resettlement plan on deck.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have no issue with them coming here as long as we have a good resettlement plan on deck.
It would be the same as we've done for the others.

Sign them up for welfare and segregate them in various cities all around the country.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:20 PM

364 posts, read 277,559 times
Absolutely not. They created the dumps let them live in them.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:27 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
I think we need to "build a wall around the entire US", and get rid of anyone that's not a legal US citizen. It's funny that America's the richest country in the world, yet we have poor and homeless Americans living on the streets. How many Vets are homeless and aren't taken care as well as the illegals that enter this country. We've been falling apart as a country for how long and yet, we continue to take these people in and then take care of them!

I'd love to know the numbers of immigrants kept here illegally by US employers LYING saying they're doing jobs that Americans can't. I worked with one that should have been shipped back to the Ukraine and the witch treated most Americans like dirt under her feet. I'm not talking farming jobs here. My brother worked for a large corporation and he said his employer constantly used this practice for technical engineers. That's part of the reason our kids coming out of college can't find good jobs.

We can send all this money to other countries, yet we can't afford to repair our infrastructures?

Isn't it time that our government "Just Says No" and take care of our own and rebuild so that Americans might be able to reap some of the benefits of all the wasted money on illegal immigration and put that money toward Americans that need help to achieve "The American Dream". I don't think that exists for Americans anymore.

There is so much fixing in this country to be done, yet our country and our people are last in line.

Now that I have my rant done, NO. Take them anywhere else but here.

Wake up C, it's only a dream.....

Old 05-18-2015, 04:27 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
No wonder you were laid off..

Old 05-18-2015, 04:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It would be the same as we've done for the others.

Sign them up for welfare and segregate them in various cities all around the country.
Meh...they'd find their way eventually.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:30 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Haiti should also become our 51st state. They could use the help.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:32 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
I think we need to "build a wall around the entire US", and get rid of anyone that's not a legal US citizen. It's funny that America's the richest country in the world, yet we have poor and homeless Americans living on the streets. How many Vets are homeless and aren't taken care as well as the illegals that enter this country. We've been falling apart as a country for how long and yet, we continue to take these people in and then take care of them!

I'd love to know the numbers of immigrants kept here illegally by US employers LYING saying they're doing jobs that Americans can't. I worked with one that should have been shipped back to the Ukraine and the witch treated most Americans like dirt under her feet. I'm not talking farming jobs here. My brother worked for a large corporation and he said his employer constantly used this practice for technical engineers. That's part of the reason our kids coming out of college can't find good jobs.

We can send all this money to other countries, yet we can't afford to repair our infrastructures?

Isn't it time that our government "Just Says No" and take care of our own and rebuild so that Americans might be able to reap some of the benefits of all the wasted money on illegal immigration and put that money toward Americans that need help to achieve "The American Dream". I don't think that exists for Americans anymore.

There is so much fixing in this country to be done, yet our country and our people are last in line.

Now that I have my rant done, NO. Take them anywhere else but here.

Wake up C, it's only a dream.....
Excellent, truthful post. I would only add that our elderly are also being denied in favor of foreigners both here and abroad. None of our taxes should go for supporting illegal aliens that's for sure. The bleeding hearts are destroying our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies