Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 10:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Would you like a tissue?

Both did the right thing, standing up to evil that wished to subjugate them. The bikers just look a little cooler doing it.
A tissue for what? Laughing at the comparison you're making? Sure.

Hey, maybe after their little rally, they can take you for a spin around the block on one of their cool bikes or autograph their jacket and give it to you. How cool would that be.

I also must've missed the part where these bikers were subjected to incredibly discrimination and racism. Hmm.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:28 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Please. Do not mention MLK and these bikers in the same thought or post ever again.
Why not? MLK wasn't a Muslim, he was a Christian. I consider Malcolm X the more effective civil rights leader, and he was a Muslim.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:59 AM

30,387 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Why not? MLK wasn't a Muslim, he was a Christian. I consider Malcolm X the more effective civil rights leader, and he was a Muslim.
In what way was Malcolm X more effective than MLK because from my standpoint, MLK was an unmitigated success that changed America but Malcolm X, not a success.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Ya know, there IS such a thing a yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Just not the best of ideas.

Lame argument.

We're free to do things that are "just not the best of ideas."

Old 05-29-2015, 04:07 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What happened to the free speech liberals...seems like they really meant we want to say what we want to say and also control what you say. I support the right to draw a cartoon of the Pervert Prophet in the land of the free. I realize they can enforce their chaotic and idiotic laws in Arabia, but keep Sharia out of America.
The liberals of the sixties were into free speech when most of society disagreed with them.

Now that they've hypnotized the masses, the time for debate is over as far as they are concerned.

They ARE the Sharia of America.

And, ironically, it's the Tea Party that is truly the radical force now.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:35 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
What happened to the free speech liberals?
The more I read liberals' city-data posts, the more it seems liberals are against First Amendment rights in general. Couple of cases in point: the Obama Admin's several attempts to subvert the Freedom of the Press, and liberals' numerous attacks on Freedom of Religion and the exercise thereof.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:46 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think that freedom of speech or any part of the constitution is the point with bikers, maybe they will do the same at a church to prove their point.
Says who?
And bikers go to church?

Quote:
Yes. Much like MLK yelling "I have a dream" in the south in the 60s. You might provoke a violent reaction. Do you blame the speaker, or those that commit violent acts?
I know, how dare he!

Quote:
What happened to the free speech liberals...seems like they really meant we want to say what we want to say and also control what you say. I support the right to draw a cartoon of the Pervert Prophet in the land of the free. I realize they can enforce their chaotic and idiotic laws in Arabia, but keep Sharia out of America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The more I read liberals' city-data posts, the more it seems liberals are against First Amendment rights in general. Couple of cases in point: the Obama Admin's several attempts to subvert the Freedom of the Press, and liberals' numerous attacks on Freedom of Religion and the exercise thereof.
Sad, isn't it...

Old 05-29-2015, 06:48 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Disgusting. What in the world is wrong with people?

Old 05-29-2015, 06:54 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"ROUND 2!!!!!!! This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ," Ritzheimer posted on Facebook. "This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist, with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad. Everyone is encouraged to bring American Flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2239435

Obviously, these bikers have a reason to do this. If there are no terrorists in the country, we have nothing to worry about, right? It is obvious that these bikers are not targeting the whole Muslim community.
So why do they need to hold this event in front of an Islamic Community Center, how would Christians feel if the same group held an event in front of a church with derogatory cartoons of Jesus.

This is not in response to the recent attack, just a bunch of rednecks on bikes. There are terrorists in this country, what a shocking revelation.

Poking fun at religions solves nothing and just divides.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:56 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Would you like a tissue?

Both did the right thing, standing up to evil that wished to subjugate them. The bikers just look a little cooler doing it.
Nonsense. MLK had respect and class. He was always respectful in his dealings with those in the Nation of Islam and Islam, even when they were critical of him. Never would he engage in the low class behavior of these bikers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies