Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:43 PM

493 posts, read 385,622 times

Advertisements

Both Islam and Judaism demand its adherents to kill various people for breaking 'Sharia' or 'Halakha' law, such as stoning people to death for breaking the Sabbath, kill those who insult the prophet and infidels, cut the hands of the thieves, stone people for adultery, etc. then shouldn't observant Jews and Muslims have the right to do that in America under the First Amendment due to religious requirement if they want to do so? Obviously most Jews and Muslims don't follow their holy books, but what if some really want to do?

I think the the U.S. Supreme Court should be careful with their decisions regarding what is "freedom" and "protection" until Jews and Muslims will start demand practicing their legal penalty religious code.

Last edited by MX City visiting; 06-02-2015 at 01:51 PM..

Old 06-02-2015, 01:45 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,445,686 times
Never realized that when it comes to killing people, one needs to also specify that they are being killed to death. Oh my.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:46 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,456,158 times
As big a critic I am of religion, you do have the right to practice your religion as long as it does not inflict harm or damage on others. For example, you can tempt poisonous snakes in a church and if you get bitten and die then that's fine. You were practicing your religion. But, if you start putting poisonous snakes in your local gym locker room so they can "root out evil" then that's a problem.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:53 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
As big a critic I am of religion, you do have the right to practice your religion as long as it does not inflict harm or damage on others. For example, you can tempt poisonous snakes in a church and if you get bitten and die then that's fine. You were practicing your religion. But, if you start putting poisonous snakes in your local gym locker room so they can "root out evil" then that's a problem.
This thread was not intended to discuss the various nuances of religious freedom and what all that entails.

this thread is to point out whatever nuttery the OP can on the subject of their Prog_Activist hatred of the 1st amendment commitment to Religious Freedom.

RF is a demon from hell where the Prog-Activist is concerned. it must be defeated. After all it stands in the way of good honest homosexuals from getting Pizza at their weddings.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:54 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,732 times
No, a religious person cannot sentence people to death based solely on religious laws.

As it is, capital punishment should be illegal, but certainly capital punishment done by the superstitious should be complete unacceptable.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This thread was not intended to discuss the various nuances of religious freedom and what all that entails.

this thread is to point out whatever nuttery the OP can on the subject of their Prog_Activist hatred of the 1st amendment commitment to Religious Freedom.

RF is a demon from hell where the Prog-Activist is concerned. it must be defeated. After all it stands in the way of good honest homosexuals from getting Pizza at their weddings.
The OP recently claimed that "Christianity is 100% true", and started a thread that implies that they believe that Christianity should be taught in schools. Hardly a "prog-Activist", if you ask me.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:08 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Both Islam and Judaism demand its adherents to kill various people for breaking 'Sharia' or 'Halakha' law, such as stoning people to death for breaking the Sabbath, kill those who insult the prophet and infidels, cut the hands of the thieves, stone people for adultery, etc. then shouldn't observant Jews and Muslims have the right to do that in America under the First Amendment due to religious requirement if they want to do so? Obviously most Jews and Muslims don't follow their holy books, but what if some really want to do?

I think the the U.S. Supreme Court should be careful with their decisions regarding what is "freedom" and "protection" until Jews and Muslims will start demand practicing their legal penalty religious code.

Your rights do not give you the right to trample all over someone elses rights, refusing to bake doesn't fit into that category.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Never realized that when it comes to killing people, one needs to also specify that they are being killed to death. Oh my.
so now you have been educated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
No, a religious person cannot sentence people to death based solely on religious laws.

As it is, capital punishment should be illegal, but certainly capital punishment done by the superstitious should be complete unacceptable.
this is also true, even in muslim countries that follow sharia law, there still has to be a trial in front of a proper judge.

and to a point i agree with you on capital punishment. i think it needs to remain as a possible punishment, but it does need to be meted out with greater caution.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post

Freedom of religion, like any freedom, is not absolute.

As a secular nation, we the people enact laws that we see as just and effective. Religion does not inform our laws.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:17 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,365,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The OP recently claimed that "Christianity is 100% true", and started a thread that implies that they believe that Christianity should be taught in schools. Hardly a "prog-Activist", if you ask me.
The OP has also started many threads whining about how everything isn't free and handed to him on a silver platter and how horrible America is, which sounds very prog-Activist. This thread is nothing more than another trolling attempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies