Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:56 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times

Advertisements

Failed congressional candidate pleads guilty in plot to massacre Muslims: ‘We will be cruel to them’

Doggart pleaded guilty last week to one count of interstate communication of threats, and he remains free on bond until his sentencing – when he faces up to five years in prison.

Prosecutors said Doggart gathered an M4 rifle, explosives, and light armor piercing bullets in connection with the plot, and investigators said he was recruiting snipers through social media and by telephone.

“When we meet in this state, the people we seek will know who we are,” Doggart told a woman during a recorded phone call. “We will be cruel to them, and we will burn down their buildings. If anyone attempts to harm us in any way, our stand gunner will take them down from 350 yards away.”

“The standoff gunner would be me,” Doggart added.

If it gets down to the machete, we will cut them to shreds,” he told the informant."

I'm happy the FBI is doing a good job of taking right-wing Christian extremism seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Not very fond of taking your own medicine are you?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not very fond of taking your own medicine are you?
? I'm not a terrorist nor do I plan massacres or support them.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:26 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Op, you know this is a Man bites dog story, right?

The criminal got what he deserved already, so what is the "polics and other controversies" elements of the story and what is the purpose of your thread? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:33 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Failed congressional candidate pleads guilty in plot to massacre Muslims: ‘We will be cruel to them’

Doggart pleaded guilty last week to one count of interstate communication of threats, and he remains free on bond until his sentencing – when he faces up to five years in prison.

Prosecutors said Doggart gathered an M4 rifle, explosives, and light armor piercing bullets in connection with the plot, and investigators said he was recruiting snipers through social media and by telephone.

“When we meet in this state, the people we seek will know who we are,” Doggart told a woman during a recorded phone call. “We will be cruel to them, and we will burn down their buildings. If anyone attempts to harm us in any way, our stand gunner will take them down from 350 yards away.”

If it gets down to the machete, we will cut them to shreds,” he told the informant."

I'm happy the FBI is doing a good job of taking right-wing Christian extremism seriously.

Good Christian values!

Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post

Here too. This group of wackjobs is as nutty and evil as the many Muslim terrorists out there. Murder in the name of a silly superstition-we've sure come a long way in the last 1000 years.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Here too. This group of wackjobs is as nutty and evil as the many Muslim terrorists out there. Murder in the name of a silly superstition-we've sure come a long way in the last 1000 years.
lol He might be a real wackjob

According to op's article

A federal judge granted his release on bond over the government’s objections as long as Doggart agreed not to use alcohol or pain medication and to undergo psychiatric evaluation for depression and an unspecified personality disorder.

Former congressional candidate arrested, charged in attempt to commit mass murder | WBNG-TV: News, Sports and Weather Binghamton, New York | Local

Funny that many here only choose to view him as a "right wing Christian"

Sad

Old 06-04-2015, 10:00 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
The fact that there are Muslim extremists/terrorist does not make Christian terrorism any more justifiable.

Which, that's all that this person seemingly was planning to do. Terrorism.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
The fact that there are Muslim extremists/terrorist does not make Christian terrorism any more justifiable.

Which, that's all that this person seemingly was planning to do. Terrorism.
Very well said.

In addition to that, I think many Muslims would agree that their religion has been hijacked by the extremists/terrorists, It is true for Christians as well. Christianity has been hijacked by nutjobs, historically speaking.

Terrorism is terrorism. No matter who committed it.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Very well said.

In addition to that, I think many Muslims would agree that their religion has been hijacked by the extremists/terrorists, It is true for Christians as well. Christianity has been hijacked by nutjobs, historically speaking.

Terrorism is terrorism. No matter who committed it.
I agree with you here.

To answer your Q from earlier, this piece of news barely got any press from the MSM and as we can see the perpetrator has been released. I just have a hard time believing that if this was a Muslim that the MSM would have ignored it and that the accused would be walking the streets as we speak. There's a dangerous double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies