Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:36 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,385,398 times

Advertisements

reading the article a bit I think Seinfeld is a little correct about his daughter. However Seinfeild is trying to say ( or at least for me ) is that too many young adults are not experiencing the world and are glued to there Tv-sets and r-tard phones and the internet. They have no life outside of there products.

What his wife said is right. She should experience the opposite sex and enjoy life and live and learn and not be afraid of the world. That is what the wife is trying to say.

The daughter on the other hand is basically preaching stuff that is one step away from non-heterosexual-ism and one step away from not reproducing and not making money, and living an sheltered life.

His daughter is an virgin ( most likely ) and the mother would just love to see her enjoy life and STOP ASSUMING AND GROW UP.

That is like me with family. I could hug and kiss all the girls on set or even at work, even look up the panties and underwear and even feel them up, and play around with them. but I cant get an simple hug from my own family members........................ not even an kiss or pat, or anything. It is stupid. Nobody is close or together like it was back then.

That is what he is probably stressing. The lack of positive support. He probably has money and does not want to leave it to an future fem-supremacist of some sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 09:36 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,772,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
I see you're blatantly lying as I made no mention of Seinfeld the show or any of his shows in the post you quoted. You're also being dishonest in pretending no one who is politically incorrect does college tours. Ann Coulter is a regular speaker in the college circuit as are many conservative pundits and past politicians. Ann spouts off pretty much blatant racist and bigoted garbage and gets invited back but Jerry's jokes about how people are jerks when they're trying to find parking are too un-PC? Funny how you right wingers are always about "shut up and act" until one somehow fits into your irrational, false and illogical agenda
You're referring to his "career" and haven't specified which aspect of his "career" is declining. His shows? His stand-up? Also, I don't follow Ann Coulter so I don't know what role she plays in going to colleges but she is not a comedian as far as I know.

Here is evidence of you claiming his career is declining:
Quote:
Jerry is a whiny out of touch 1 percenter. The only college age kids he interacts with are waiters at Nobu. Guess that's all he can think to chat about at his Hamptons cocktail parties, sad that someone with so much money blames his declining career on overly PC college kids. He's become the same type of out of touch yuppie phony he made fun of on his show.

Last edited by e30is; 06-21-2015 at 09:55 AM..

Old 06-21-2015, 09:41 AM

18,483 posts, read 15,285,052 times
Whether you like Jerry Seinfeld or not, is really irrelevant considering he is being backed up by others in the business. I don't think they are all wrong.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:16 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,161,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
You're referring to his "career" and haven't specified which aspect of his "career" is declining. His shows? His stand-up? Also, I don't follow Ann Coulter so I don't know what role she plays in going to colleges but she is not a comedian as far as I know.

Here is evidence of you claiming his career is declining:
Going from the top TV show of the 90s to a web show is evidence ones career is declining. I imagine you believe this isn't so because you believed Glenn Beck when he claimed his TV and radio shows being canned and having to move to the internet weren't evidence his career was in decline. Jerry's ventures since Seinfeld, The Marriage Ref and Bee Movie, both bombed. Is Jerry paying you to pretend he's still relevant to young people? I can't imagine any other logical explanation since he lives off a sitcom that ended 15 years ago and lives the life of a rich Hamptons socialite. I guess I'm just going against your instinct to protect rich elderly elitists from any outside criticism, as Rush and FOX have trained you so well.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Saying that colleges shouldn't restrict what students get to hear is "right wing"?
To the contrary, censorship is a basic conservative value, as Bush used the FCC indecency rules to excessively fine his political opponents to get them off the radio like Howard Stern while allowing Rush Limbaugh and others to be just as profane with no penalty. Also a quote from the evangelical Christian Bob Jones University on student conduct:

"Students are to avoid any types of entertainment that could be considered immodest or that contain profanity, scatological realism, sexual perversion, erotic realism, lurid violence, occultism and false philosophical or religious assumptions."

Doesn't sound like defenders of free speech to me.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,284,461 times
Quote:
To the contrary, censorship is a basic conservative value, as Bush used the FCC indecency rules to excessively fine his political opponents to get them off the radio like Howard Stern while allowing Rush Limbaugh and others to be just as profane with no penalty. Also a quote from the evangelical Christian Bob Jones University on student conduct:
So basically you are just meaninglessly rambling.

Quote:
"Students are to avoid any types of entertainment that could be considered immodest or that contain profanity, scatological realism, sexual perversion, erotic realism, lurid violence, occultism and false philosophical or religious assumptions."

Doesn't sound like defenders of free speech to me.
Nor are they the ones banning "offensive" comedians from college campuses.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:25 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,408,289 times
Default Who cares?

Most colleges and college communities tend to lean Left, all laughing AT Republicans.

Jerry better focus his craft on the current GOP presidential hopeful field...plenty of material there that can keep people screaming with laughter for a lifetime.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:44 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,772,017 times
Quote:
Going from the top TV show of the 90s to a web show is evidence ones career is declining. I imagine you believe this isn't so because you believed Glenn Beck when he claimed his TV and radio shows being canned and having to move to the internet weren't evidence his career was in decline. Jerry's ventures since Seinfeld, The Marriage Ref and Bee Movie, both bombed. Is Jerry paying you to pretend he's still relevant to young people? I can't imagine any other logical explanation since he lives off a sitcom that ended 15 years ago and lives the life of a rich Hamptons socialite.I guess I'm just going against your instinct to protect rich elderly elitists from any outside criticism, as Rush and FOX have trained you so well.
You seem to watch fox more than I do so I wouldn't know. His Web show is great to watch so I don't see him as being in decline in that case. I've never claimed that he catered to young people nor do I care. He has a reputable career backed by many and it's funny how you're still proving Seinfelds point. Keep it up.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So basically you are just meaninglessly rambling.

Nor are they the ones banning "offensive" comedians from college campuses.
You seem to have quite the pattern of dishonesty since no liberals are banning anyone from college campuses while Tea Party Christians at Bob Jones and Liberty universities are. You've run out of logical and non-fictional defenses for your fascists buddies so you spout nonsense, nothing out of the ordinary for the Tea Party playbook when one has nothing constructive to say.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
You seem to watch fox more than I do so I wouldn't know. His Web show is great to watch so I don't see him as being in decline in that case. I've never claimed that he catered to young people nor do I care. He has a reputable career backed by many and it's funny how you're still proving Seinfelds point. Keep it up.
I don't recall Jerry making a point of his career collapsing so I don't know that I'm proving his "point". His web show's quality is irrelevant but Teabaggers are pretending he's as popular as he was in the 90's as he is now and it's pathetic and frankly very odd. I imagine you think Rush Limbaugh's popularity goes on. Ah well, you're as in touch with youth culture as he is, scanning articles online looking for something to be angry about without actually blaming any life shortcomings on yourself. You can at least be glad Jerry is taking on conservative traits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies