Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 05:31 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times

Advertisements

Just curious, how many pro-life people in this thread are also pro death penalty?

Old 06-12-2015, 05:39 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Just curious, how many pro-life people in this thread are also pro death penalty?
sorry read your question wrong

Old 06-13-2015, 06:08 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Aha! Which you would be "on the hook" for. Hypocrites. Difference between people like you and I, when a woman decides to carry through with the pregnancy and birth, I don't complain about it and say "I'm on the hook" for it. This story does not please me. I think most people would prefer it not come to this.
While adoption would be the best solution, if the mother-to-be rules that out then I'd MUCH rather my tax dollars go to support a child than to kill one.

Quote:
I'm confused how you'd be on the hook for the abortion. That's not something Medicaid pays for except under certain circumstances.
You just answered your own question.

Quote:
I can promise you that if abortions aren't available and the woman has to have the kid you will be "paying for him".
See my first reponse, above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
An adoption agency is just a phone call away. AND, they usually cover ALL expenses the birth mother has! This day and age, there's no excuse for killing a child in womb.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no woman should have to take a pregnancy to term against her own wishes.
No baby should be killed against her (or his) own wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggar View Post
But it's her fault for having sexual relations. You're implying she's not accountable for her actions.
This is the utter hypocrisy of the pro-abortion crowd. They imply that the women are helpless victims while arguing in favor of a procedure that they claim empowers women.

Quote:
Just curious, how many babies in utero have ever committed a deliberate act of murder with aggravating circumstances?

Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post

Just curious, how many babies in utero have ever committed a deliberate act of murder with aggravating circumstances?
Murder is murder. What because someone is a criminal it's okay for the state to put them to death. But abortion isn't acceptable?

Either all lives are equal and murder is never okay be it in utero or a 75 serial killer. You can't say murder is okay sometimes. That's so contradictory.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:

You just answered your own question.

That only happens in the case of rape or incest.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:

No baby should be killed against her (or his) own wishes.

I will narrow it down to what was referenced to me. most abortions happen within the first trimester, the "baby" can't think and it has no "wishes", for that matter neither do they in the second trimester.

a fetus in the womb is potential life. pregnancy for many women is not a walk in the park. it is up to them if they want to put themselves through the rigors of pregnancy and child birth. saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:40 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
5 months is not "arguably viable" again you blame her for having sex.
Who should we blame? You? Will you take blame for her having sex? Of course not. It's not your life, your decision. It's hers. If she isn't ready to have a kid, for any reason, she should either go on birth control, a reliable method and use it responsibly and correctly like it is her responsibility to, or not even have sex. If your life is that bad and you really can't had a kid because of it, don't even have sex. It's the only way to guarantee 100% you won't get pregnant. She's an adult. She can, or should be able to, control herself and be smart about what happens to her own body. If you do have sex, yeah, it's your own fault. Who else's would it be? The guy can also be blamed, it's probably about 50/50, but that's it. It's no one else's problem, no one else should take blame but her and him.

Quote:
how a woman handles her sex life and her own reproduction is no ones business but the woman herself. each woman is entitled to live her life by her own values.
Sure. But don't then expect me to feel sorry for her for and the situation she got herself into for whatever pathetic reasons you come up with. I don't feel sorry for her or anyone like her. The only people I feel sorry for are women who were raped. Everyone else makes a choice.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Who should we blame? You? Will you take blame for her having sex? Of course not. It's not your life, your decision. It's hers. If she isn't ready to have a kid, for any reason, she should either go on birth control, a reliable method and use it responsibly and correctly like it is her responsibility to, or not even have sex. If your life is that bad and you really can't had a kid because of it, don't even have sex. It's the only way to guarantee 100% you won't get pregnant. She's an adult. She can, or should be able to, control herself and be smart about what happens to her own body. If you do have sex, yeah, it's your own fault. Who else's would it be? The guy can also be blamed, it's probably about 50/50, but that's it. It's no one else's problem, no one else should take blame but her and him.

Sure. But don't then expect me to feel sorry for her for and the situation she got herself into for whatever pathetic reasons you come up with. I don't feel sorry for her or anyone like her. The only people I feel sorry for are women who were raped. Everyone else makes a choice.

no one is asking you to feel sorry for anyone.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Who should we blame? You? Will you take blame for her having sex? Of course not. It's not your life, your decision. It's hers. If she isn't ready to have a kid, for any reason, she should either go on birth control, a reliable method and use it responsibly and correctly like it is her responsibility to, or not even have sex. If your life is that bad and you really can't had a kid because of it, don't even have sex. It's the only way to guarantee 100% you won't get pregnant.

She's an adult. She can, or should be able to, control herself and be smart about what happens to her own body.

If you do have sex, yeah, it's your own fault. Who else's would it be? The guy can also be blamed, it's probably about 50/50, but that's it. It's no one else's problem, no one else should take blame but her and him.

As long as her having control and what she wants to do with her body isn't an abortion?

If you want to ban late term abortions, fine. But a woman should then be allowed to deliver the fetus. If it's truly viable and a "living breathing person" than the hospital can keep it alive.

If it can't live outside the mothers womb then it's not viable.

I don't get why people care so much about what a woman does with her own body. There are way more important issues our government and law makers should be addressing.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
no one is asking you to feel sorry for anyone.
Oh please. Look at some of the posts from some of these people.

Quote:
As long as her having control and what she wants to do with her body isn't an abortion?

If you want to ban late term abortions, fine. But a woman should then be allowed to deliver the fetus. If it's truly viable and a "living breathing person" than the hospital can keep it alive.

If it can't live outside the mothers womb then it's not viable.

I don't get why people care so much about what a woman does with her own body. There are way more important issues our government and law makers should be addressing.
I never said I don't agree with the right to an abortion. I actually said I do, though I don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies