Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 08:26 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times

Advertisements

She seems like a right wingers welfare nightmare. Poor, on government assistance, unwed, unplanned pregnancy. If her child was born normally at 9 months they would complain about how they are paying for this kid for the next 18 years.

Ironically those same complainers are also against abortion. It's contradictory and makes no sense to me.

Old 06-11-2015, 08:39 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
She seems like a right wingers welfare nightmare. Poor, on government assistance, unwed, unplanned pregnancy. If her child was born normally at 9 months they would complain about how they are paying for this kid for the next 18 years.

Ironically those same complainers are also against abortion. It's contradictory and makes no sense to me.
Why is it only right-winger? She IS a welfare nightmare, regardless of ideology. Only problem is, liberals tend to have no problem with it while conservatives do - rightfully IMO. What ever happened to personal responsibility? You get to make bad decisions and everyone else has to literally pay for it while you keep making bad decisions because we keep paying for it, and you learn nothing except that you get free stuff when you make bad decisions? No thanks.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:04 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
It was her baby to kill, nothing for me to worry about.
A baby is not a piece of property.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:09 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No. More like I see it how it is. It's simple - if you really aren't in the position of having a child at the time, don't have sex. Abstinence is the only 100% effective way to not get pregnant.

there are not many people who will say no to sex after adulthood. saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy and parenthood.

Like I said above - perhaps they should think twice before having sex, period. Birth control is not even 100% effective, like the poster above - who was also supposed to be infertile, as well as on birth control - shows. I know a couple of people who were conceived though their mothers were on the pill. If you're in THAT bad a situation (financial, personal, whatever)… just don't even have sex. Control yourself. People need to start thinking of consequences of their actions and take responsibility. It's fine when people have sex, when they do whatever they want and act how they want (as it should be), but don't cry to me or anyone when they face a situation like this as a result. Don't expect me to feel bad for consequences of their poor decisions. Be an adult. Be smart, be serious.

in a perfect world, sure but the world isn't perfect and not everyone has absolute control. you are using your morality and want everyone to live that way.

Pretty sure there are abortion clinics in Georgia, as other posters have shown. Abortion is legal in all 50 states. More accessible/less frowned upon in some rather than the other, sure, but don't give me that crap. You're responsible/old enough to have sex, you're responsible/old enough to do whatever it takes to fix your situation that results however you see fit. She had to drive three hours (or 1.5, seems to be unclear), then she had to drive three hours. At least it would have been a safe, legal abortion. It would have been the safer option for herself, not to mention.

until we know if this woman knew she was pregnant a few weeks after conception it is really hard to say what she should of done. many women don't know they are pregnant till months afterwards. other people have given reasons why she may not have searched out abortion earlier all of which are legit. as you stated in the paragraph below.

How do you know she couldn't afford an abortion? 5 months is a little late in the pregnancy, perhaps she decided too late and thought she had no other options at that point. Who knows what she was thinking? Not me. Not you.

I don't really care what she did, at the end of the day. I am not against abortion, per se. I know it has to be legal because it would be a hellish mess if it wasn't. People can do what they want. But I don't have sympathy for her or anyone else in that situation (except rape - rape is pretty much my only exception in this particular situation) because they put themselves there. Time for personal responsibility.

I have sympathy for any woman who seeks out an abortion and especially one that would do one at home so late in the pregnancy. no one should have to face that kind of choice no matter if it was "her fault" or not.

That's not my job. Not even sure how that's relevant, or how it becomes my problem in your logic. I don't know her or even live in Georgia. I know someone right now who is pregnant and in a bad financial situation, she wants to keep her baby (she's due this summer). I have no issue with it, as I shouldn't. It's her life, her problem, if you will. She's an adult. She made the decisions she made from the start. It's on her.

Oh - and your post was the exactly type of flak I was talking about.
abortion should be between a woman, her circumstances and her doctor. all of the rest of us are just guessing at what the real circumstances are. one thing for sure the more states regulate and close down clinics the more this kind of thing will happen. desperate people do desperate things.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:25 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Why is it only right-winger? She IS a welfare nightmare, regardless of ideology. Only problem is, liberals tend to have no problem with it while conservatives do - rightfully IMO. What ever happened to personal responsibility? You get to make bad decisions and everyone else has to literally pay for it while you keep making bad decisions because we keep paying for it, and you learn nothing except that you get free stuff when you make bad decisions? No thanks.
Um I'm not sure what your point is, I already said she is all those things.

My point was that it's obnoxiously hypocritical to complain about the cost of an unintended child being born while also wanting to do away with a if u.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:40 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:

Me neither.

It's amazing how these people always vote against their own self-interests.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Poor, on government assistance, unwed, unplanned pregnancy. If her child was born normally at 9 months they would complain about how they are paying for this kid for the next 18 years.

Not contradictory at all, in that some of us don't want to pay for an abortion or for welfare.

I shouldn't be on the hook for someone else's decisions - especially since I have no input into those decisions.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The boyfriend, supposed father of the baby, left her.
She sure showed him, didn't she!

Old 06-12-2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Bruce Jenner is cutting his penis off
Bruce Jenner's penis doesn't have a heartbeat, its own DNA, or the potential to grow into a productive member of society.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Except a fetus, baby, whatever you want to call it, isn't money you can spend. It's a life - even in the simplest sense of the word, for those who like to cry that an unborn baby isn't a life. It's made up of cells. If a tree is alive, so is a fetus, an embryo. It's not an inanimate object.
Exactly.

It's sad that people will dehumanize an innocent little baby for the sake of advancing an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies