Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 05:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times

Advertisements

I do not need to hide the fact that I am a LIBERAL. I am proud of being a Liberal instead of a selfish greed and fear driven would be tyrant of a Konservative.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, Your stereotypical characterization of what you assume liberals can only possibly think is without a doubt the height of sheer ridiculousness. I certainly can't relate to any of it. Just what odd, off the wall far right propaganda do you follow, anyway?
Not ridiculous at all. I have been observing the repeated use of certain words, phrases and clichés by Leftists for some time. It's quite amusing.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:50 AM

27,668 posts, read 16,156,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not ridiculous at all. I have been observing the repeated use of certain words, phrases and clichés by Leftists for some time. It's quite amusing.
It may have been amusing the first thousand times.. its gotten a little stale

Old 06-11-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not need to hide the fact that I am a LIBERAL. I am proud of being a Liberal instead of a selfish greed and fear driven would be tyrant of a Konservative.
Oh, believe me, you don't hide it. And this post of yours says it all. All liberals think conservatives are nothing but "greedy fear driven tyrants." In fact, "tyrants" describes Leftists.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:21 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,783,375 times
Right wing troll tactics to look out for:

1. They start threads like this one, goading anyone who identifies as a liberal into an argument. They do this while also going on the defensive and communicating their outrage over how these silly-yet-dangerous liberals have ruined absolutely everything.

2. They attract the usual right wing idiots who join in with the taunting, mistake antagonism for humor and continue to reinforce their delusions of superiority.

3. Their writing style heavily follows the Rush Limbaugh model with its cocktail of logical fallacies, general ignorance, copious attacks and obnoxiousness.

4. They are unable to grasp complex ideas and need everything to be 'common sense'. Anything that isn't 'common sense' is dismissed as liberal bulls--t. For example, all AGW-related debates will stall at 'The climate always changes'. The reasons why the climate changes will never be discussed as this would make things too complicated.

5. They are attracted to concepts like freedom and self-determination, however when pressed will be unable to appreciate or even understand any contradictions inherent to these concepts and will always fall back on conspiracy, paranoia and outrage.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It may have been amusing the first thousand times.. its gotten a little stale
Actually, it has. It does prove, however, that they have no new ideas. Most are just parrots.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:30 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,150,379 times
Quote:
I do not need to hide the fact that I am a LIBERAL. I am proud of being a Liberal instead of a person who works harder so they can have more and fear driven would be tyrant of a non-liberal.
See? The decoder is already working. Nice.

Quote:
My favorite Liberal policy was attacking Saddam Hussein because he may have threatened my father. Oh, wait. That was a RWNJ's idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Right wing troll tactics to look out for:

1. They start threads like this one, goading anyone who identifies as a liberal into an argument. They do this while also going on the defensive and communicating their outrage over how these silly-yet-dangerous liberals have ruined absolutely everything. ...
And of course the, very much predicted, topic diversion attempts. You can almost set your watch to it.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:30 AM

27,668 posts, read 16,156,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Actually, it has. It does prove, however, that they have no new ideas. Most are just parrots.
Polly want a cracker? Polly..think I'll go with that

Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,783,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
And of course the, very much predicted, topic diversion attempts. You can almost set your watch to it.
Yeah, I don't know why this sort of thing would turn into a free-for-all when you obviously wanted a civil, enlightened discussion.

Why can't liberals just insult themselves and admit that they're stupid?

Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 AM

63,003 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Here, let me fix this for you:

Racist- usually an entitled white male with blue eyes who is upset that they have to work. Many can be found drinking at 11 am at the VFW.

Gun Nuts- people who value guns over lives. They keep their guns close to their nuts.

Handouts for the rich- corporate welfare and investments/dividends taxed at a lesser rate than earned income. The explanation of why Romney pays less taxed than his secretary.

Green - as in "we care that the earth has a little 'green' left in it after companies like XOM destroy it and sheeple continue buying plastic bottled water that Coke pulls from a tap."

Greedy capitalists- those who make millions yet complain about .00001% of their income feeding the poor

Diversity- what smart investers have in their stock portfolios

Poor immigrants - people standing outside Home Depot waiting to be exploited by Republicans

Free- items that are recycled and entertainment like walking in the park

The children- human beings that come out of/and can live outside of a women's uterus as opposed to sperm and zygote

RWNJ- those who watch Fox News, Rush, etc and believe anything over 20% that they say

Poor, hungry people- a catch-all phrase referring mainly to the following : homeless and/or mentally ill people, abused women and children forced to leave their homes, people struck with terminal diseases and lost their jobs, employees laid-off when the greedy capitalists outsourced

Minimum wage- something needed due to housing and rent prices.

Global warming - why your great grandchildren will be complaining way more than you are now
What a crock of lies.....all of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies