Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 01:04 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Well, if the dog was free to roam and chase after people....

Woman beats man with baseball bat for hitting her dog - National Pet Rescue | Examiner.com

Quote:
Jodi Annette Renegar, 43, of Sandy Springs Road in Mocksville, was arrested on Sunday after she allegedly broke the man's hand and cut his head. The police report states the man had been riding his dirt bike along the road past Renegar's home when her dog began to chase him and allegedly tried to bite him.

The man stated he hit the dog in self defense.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:13 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,533,069 times
Not even really news.

But the overzealous animal lovers will be along soon to chime in with gems such as: "If that guy hit my dog I would have hung him and set him on fire, I hate humans, I love dogs."

Old 06-17-2015, 01:17 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
If that guy hit my dog, I would have hung him and...!!!

Really, it's scary when a strange dog comes after you. I almost kicked a couple of little dogs that started circling my bulldog and me once. They were barking and about to start biting when their owner came out and yelled for them to come back. I wouldn't have hesitated to kick them to keep them off my dog or myself.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:26 PM

564 posts, read 747,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Not even really news.

But the overzealous animal lovers will be along soon to chime in with gems such as: "If that guy hit my dog I would have hung him and set him on fire, I hate humans, I love dogs."
Yeap, pretty much.

I'd never harm or injure an animal without a very good reason but if a dog attacked me I sure as hell would kick and hit him to defend myself, and if the owner tried to beat me up they better be bringing more than just a baseball bat.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:36 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Not even really news.

If you read the comments at the bottom of the article those comments are not in short supply.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:41 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
seriously, can't see what damage a woman could do swinging a baseball bat, now a frying pan however...no thank you

Old 06-17-2015, 01:56 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,759 times
Even though I'm pretty tired of animal 'fanatics' who treat animals better than humans, if a raving dog only chased after my bike and never actually bit me, I could only consider that as a threat which does not merit defense. On the the other hand, if the guy hit her animal, that still is not cause for attempted murder, even if you are crazier than your dog.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:15 PM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Depending on the state, all the woman has to do is claim that she feared for her life and had to defend herself from possible attack. The prosecution will have the burden of proving that is not true. If words were exchanged and he is an average sized male, not very hard at all to convince one juror that it was justified.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:41 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,648 times
I have a 60 pound, very athletic dog that LOVES to run, and has a high prey drive. She wants to run with both joggers and bicyclists, and she "bounces" when she catches up, and runs essentially at a heel position. I know this because she runs with my wife on a bike, and I have a couple regular joggers and cyclists on our regular walk route along (a gated access road with farm fields and raw land on both sides) who know her and "help" with her energy level by having her run for short distances with them.

However, it is MY job to keep her from strange/new cyclist and joggers, and the fact that I know she's safe is different then they know that some strange, large, athletic dog running full speed at them/to them is safe.

The woman (Renegar) is an idiot, and a danger to herself, her dog, and others!

AndyAMG... "If that guy hit my dog I would have hung him and set him on fire, I hate humans, I love dogs."

Old 06-17-2015, 02:49 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,969,862 times
Quote:
Not even really news.

hahahaha

Those people are so pathetic. I know the type all too well. My neighbor's car is absolutely plastered with those stupid dog stickers (ie "who rescued who", "I love my labradoodle", "dog is my copilot", "rescue mom", etc), and she is the first to say she'd save a drowning dog over a drowning child.

There is a very, very deep circle of Hell reserved for those boneheads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies