Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 07:03 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,246,513 times

Advertisements

What an idiot. The dog will probably be put down if it was being that aggressive. Nice work dummy.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:17 AM

564 posts, read 748,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Not even really news.

But the overzealous animal lovers will be along soon to chime in with gems such as: "If that guy hit my dog I would have hung him and set him on fire, I hate humans, I love dogs."
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
hahahaha

Those people are so pathetic. I know the type all too well. My neighbor's car is absolutely plastered with those stupid dog stickers (ie "who rescued who", "I love my labradoodle", "dog is my copilot", "rescue mom", etc), and she is the first to say she'd save a drowning dog over a drowning child.

There is a very, very deep circle of Hell reserved for those boneheads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
^ LOL, reading post like yours, it's easy to remember why I prefer dogs over most people
Yes, because his post made sense while yours just shows how loony fanatic dog lovers are.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:40 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,983,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
^ LOL, reading post like yours, it's easy to remember why I prefer dogs over most people
I assume some people prefer dogs over humans because with dogs its possible to spew illogical drivel, with nary a response, spare for a few blank stares, panting, and drooling. Makes sense to me!

Old 06-19-2015, 11:43 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,668,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I assume some people prefer dogs over humans because with dogs its possible to spew illogical drivel, with nary a response, spare for a few blank stares, panting, and drooling. Makes sense to me!
Nope, it's because dogs are loyal, kind and don't act like they are intelligent, when they really are morons. You see what you get with non-human animals, there is no BS.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:16 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,999,362 times
Moral of the story... Don't hit people's dogs.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:27 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,189,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I have a 60 pound, very athletic dog that LOVES to run, and has a high prey drive. She wants to run with both joggers and bicyclists, and she "bounces" when she catches up, and runs essentially at a heel position. I know this because she runs with my wife on a bike, and I have a couple regular joggers and cyclists on our regular walk route along (a gated access road with farm fields and raw land on both sides) who know her and "help" with her energy level by having her run for short distances with them.

However, it is MY job to keep her from strange/new cyclist and joggers, and the fact that I know she's safe is different then they know that some strange, large, athletic dog running full speed at them/to them is safe.

The woman (Renegar) is an idiot, and a danger to herself, her dog, and others!

AndyAMG... "If that guy hit my dog I would have hung him and set him on fire, I hate humans, I love dogs."
You KNOW she is safe................LO freakin L. Its still an animal. I watched a friend get her lip practically bit off by a gentle little creature that her owner thought was safe too....

Old 06-19-2015, 12:37 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,209,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Moral of the story... Don't hit people's dogs.
Wrong. Moral of story..... Keep your dog properly confined.

In addition, if you don't another person may choose to take action. If you try to retaliate physically for that action you will be in legal trouble, not them.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:10 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,651,763 times
I love dogs and animals in general, but people need to keep their dogs under control and stop letting them pester other people. Hub and I stopped our daily walks because several people along the only walking route in our neighborhood refuse to confine their dogs. If these were friendly dogs it wouldn't be an issue for us, but these guys definitely mean business and some of them are fairly large. Animal control is closed in the evenings and the PD told hub they couldn't do anything unless one of us was bitten. So after being chased and almost bitten several times, we just gave up.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:15 PM

14,434 posts, read 14,370,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well, if the dog was free to roam and chase after people....

Woman beats man with baseball bat for hitting her dog - National Pet Rescue | Examiner.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Yeap, pretty much.

I'd never harm or injure an animal without a very good reason but if a dog attacked me I sure as hell would kick and hit him to defend myself, and if the owner tried to beat me up they better be bringing more than just a baseball bat.
Love animals or not, people are supposed to report things like this to the police (there are animal cruelty laws) rather than acting as vigilantes.

Whether the woman is "in the right" or not is unimportant. We have police and a court system to deal with those who break society's laws.

Those who refuse to go through they system are criminals and should be punished by incarceration in a situation where they inflict bodily harm on another.

Lock this woman and others like her up. She broke a man's hand with a ball bat? About 3-5 years in prison sounds right to me. Let's see how she enjoys being without her canine for that long.

(and I am tired of zealous dog owners who always blame others for problems with their animals)

Old 06-19-2015, 02:36 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,709,129 times
The woman is an idiot twice over... for letting her dog run loose and chase people and then for assaulting the man her dog chased.

I love dogs too, I have one, but I also obey the law and keep my dog on a leash and I don't let her chase people (not that she would now, she's pretty elderly and can't even trot for long). If someone hurt my dog, I'd call the cops. I bet this woman didn't call the police because she was violating leash laws.

But some crazy dog lovers are pretty whacked. I read a story a few days ago about a 5-year-old dog dropped off at a shelter because the family was unable to care for him anymore and you wouldn't (or maybe would) believe some of the bile pouring onto the comments section about the family. People were hoping the family was hurt in a car crash after dropping the dog off. And if anyone dared stood up for the family and said, "hey, we don't know their situation... but they did the right thing bring the dog to a shelter" those people were called every name in the book too and told they were sick people and never should never own animals.

Here's that article: He's lost everything: Dog devastated after family dumps him at shelter - National Pets | Examiner.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies