Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 09:01 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
That would intel sacrificing principle and moral code. Naw

Would never lower myself to agree to legalize meth, heroine, and crack.

Your moral code tells you that it's a good idea to execute, ie, murder people who possess drugs so I think that I will take your morals with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 09:03 AM

463 posts, read 320,886 times
Quote:
True, but we need to stamp our the demand. This will take atleast a decade probably. One would have to completely change the cultures mindset on drugs.
My God. If you are serious, then you are completely delusional.

Quote:
Make it taboo and unthinkable.
That is exactly what Nixon and Reagan did. As a result, millions have been killed or had their lives destroyed, many of them innocent victims.

Oh yeah, that's right. That is exactly what you want.

You and people who think like you are such a big part of the problem...

Old 06-23-2015, 09:04 AM

358 posts, read 229,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Your moral code tells you that it's a good idea to execute, ie, murder people who possess drugs so I think that I will take your morals with a grain of salt.
hahaha

id prefer hefty jail terms for simple possession, but that would be too costly.

just make the **** so taboo and unthinkable is a better economical option.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So then be a parent, and teach your daughter to stay away from drugs. Why do you need the government to teach your kids? I assume that you're one of those so-called "small government conservatives" where you want less goverment intrusion, unless of course somebody is doing an activity that you disapprove of. In that case it would be hypocrisy to proclaim to be conservative, yet have the "it takes a village" mentality which is exclusive to progessives.
I have met thousands of parents of addicts. One of the most common expressions heard is " we taught our son/ daughter to stay away from drugs".

Old 06-23-2015, 09:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Someone who is a casual user might be turned off by those rules sure. An addict however will still continue risking it again and again. You can just look at the drug problems of Singapore and Malaysia to realize that harsh penalties do not stem the flow of drugs.
Singapore and Malaysa have some of the lowest drug addiction prevalence so in the world.

It's not acceptable within their cultures.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:11 AM

358 posts, read 229,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
My God. If you are serious, then you are completely delusional.

That is exactly what Nixon and Reagan did. As a result, millions have been killed or had their lives destroyed, many of them innocent victims.

Oh yeah, that's right. That is exactly what you want.

You and people who think like you are such a big part of the problem...
No you people who tolerate drugs is the problem.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:11 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
That would intel sacrificing principle and moral code. Naw

Would never lower myself to agree to legalize meth, heroine, and crack.
How about telling us what's so good about some of the legal crap that's sold everyday and documenting how it's less harmful than marijuana?

Study: Popular Sleeping Pill Ambien Linked to Increased Death Rate - US News

Old 06-23-2015, 09:12 AM

463 posts, read 320,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have met thousands of parents of addicts. One of the most common expressions heard is " we taught our son/ daughter to stay away from drugs".
While I'm sure they believe that, I bet the majority of them did no such thing. What they did instead is say "Drugs are bad. Look at this." Then they proceeded to show them the propaganda from The Partnership for a Drug Free America or some other major propaganda source. The kids ALREADY knew the crap they were seeing was just that. Untrue utter nonsense.

When kids can see right through the propaganda like that they lose all respect for anything they've been taught about drugs.

When I say education works, I am referring to the TRUTH.

It also depends on the parents having true communication skills, which is nowhere near a given.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:13 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Drugs like alcohol is a individual problem really. Everyone I know who has stopped drinking decided to do so on their own. Being a 60's child most I know also gave up the creational drug use long ago because of the effect they saw on their lifes. Anything that effects the Brain IMO isn't wise to use unless medically need and benefits out weight the risk and that is what most general saw in time.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:15 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
If we ever want to seriously put a dent in the drug trade it will require drastic actions and a change of culture.

Drugs are one of the primary roots of violence and killings around the world.

To do this you will need to instill some draconian measures.

1) Capital punishment for anyone caught in possession of an illegal substance.

2) Money rewards for intel and arrests. For example 1,000 reward (which you will find on the seller ie the criminals pay for their own demise) for turning in a seller.

I am amazed at how tolerant our society is. Quite weak actually. Give an inch people take a mile.

A side benefit of this measure would drastically clean up our prisons and reduce costs ten fold.
Once they accomplished that in the Middle East, they trained their guns on women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies