Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 12:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, what does a pickup truck with fake bull genitals flopping from a trailer hitch have anything to do with confederate flag?! Sheesh

and a better question is: since you judge a book by its cover, (you can't help it) why do you condemn others who do the same?!!!!!!!!!!!
The trucks with that particular accessory usually have the confederate flag pasted on them, that's what (as I mentioned in my post).

Do you know me? You must, since you boldly state that I can't help judging a book by it's cover.

When someone goes out of their way to make a statement about themselves by dangling testicles from their truck, then, yes. People will form impressions of that person. Hey, some gals might be turned on by them! Other gals will look and think 'nah, got enough of my own problems'. If you like it, go for it, lady!

I have to add that the OP's premise is totally wrong. I'd like some proof that ALL liberals think that ALL southerners are (fill in the blank).

Proof????

Old 06-25-2015, 12:32 PM

39,227 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I was talking about a HITCH, which is a common accessory on a truck, not about people who live in trailers . good lord

And, yeah, I will judge a person who dangles fake balls from his truck. First time I saw that, I laughed out loud and thought "there's a guy who is really insecure........." LOL Would I want to meet a person like that? Why?
Quote:
The trucks with that particular accessory usually have the confederate flag pasted on them, that's what (as I mentioned in my post).

Do you know me? You must, since you boldly state that I can't help judging a book by it's cover.

When someone goes out of their way to make a statement about themselves by dangling testicles from their truck, then, yes. People will form impressions of that person. Hey, some gals might be turned on by them! Other gals will look and think 'nah, got enough of my own problems'. If you like it, go for it, lady!

I have to add that the OP's premise is totally wrong. I'd like some proof that ALL liberals think that ALL southerners are (fill in the blank).

Proof????
You posted the bolded, not me.

Bolded proved that you cannot help judging a book by its cover.

A person who dangles fake balls from his truck = insecure

These are YOUR words, not mine.

Of course you can't help judging a book by its cover, your own posts just prove it. no?

Old 06-25-2015, 12:41 PM

39,227 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:

?

Assume much?

Maybe the pick up truck owner is a gal who tries to be stupid, you never know. With this kind of mentality, one thing is certain, don't be a criminal defense attorney. lol

Most gals don't look at pick up trucks and think about potential romantic partners. If you do, go for it.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-25-2015 at 12:57 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Another fascinating aspects of this Southern/southern heritage bs is that it completely ignores the fact that a very large percentage of the south's population is comprised of African Americans! In point of fact more than half of all African Americans live below the Mason-Dixon! This was true in 1860 and is true today yet when neo-confederate southern pride boosters talk about the southern history, pride or heritage, they some how - strange I know - leave out the sentiments of African Americans about this dubious chapter in the south's history.
Another fascinating part of leftist revisionist history is that they try to ignore or deny the fact that blacks fought for the Confederate States: Black Confederates

I suppose the battle flag represents "racism" to them, too, right?

I suppose we're also supposed to ignore the fact that the Emancipation Proclamation did NOT END SLAVERY in the Union states. In fact, since it was only worded to apply to the CSA, it was but an empty gesture, since they were (or were operating as) a separate nation. After the war, slavery still existed in the "northern" states, until the 13th amendment in December of 1865.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:16 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
...based on the acts of tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of nutcases that slaughter innocent people in the name of Islam. Yet we're supposed to judge all southerners and anyone with a rebel flag based on the actions of one nutcase.

Why is that???

Would you want to be lumped in with Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist church? Or tied in with David Koresh or even Jim Jones? Any Muslim that did this to you would be just like you.

I don't see that we need to judge southerners about anything. Comes a time that changes are needed and this is one of them.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
But you all do judge all Muslims...it's like every thread on here when a Muslim does anything.
He certainly does.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
No, actually, I judge them as individuals. There are aspects of the religion that are deeply flawed, and there are Muslim leaders that are contemptible butchers. That hardly applies to all Muslims, the vast majority of whom are decent people.

Much like ONE nutcase in South Carolina was a butcher. While millions of southerners and others that appreciate their history are decent, honorable people.

Yet we condemn our own countrymen and neighbors from southern states, based upon the actions of one nutjob. Worse we have some extremists that want to destroy the entire history and heritage of a significant portion of our country, and even destroy any sign that it existed. Yet often the same extremist nuts make excuses for Muslims, in and out of this country, that commit atrocities. Don't forget that we have a significant number of Americans that have joined or attempted to join ISIS and more that provide support for it, and have committed or attempted murder on our fellow citizens in the name of Islam. Yet they worry about a rebel flag.
I don't believe you judge Muslims as individuals. IRRC You have been very vocal against all Muslims just as this thread title tells us. Your words follow you.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Given the level of faux outrage and butt-hurt on the part of some extremists over the rebel flag, and the deaths of 9 people at the hands of one sick individual that owned that flag, I have to ask, does your outrage stand for all symbols that lead to the slaughter of innocent people?

http://thumbs.****/x/crescent-islami...l-22803641.jpg

3000 of our fellow countrymen were slaughtered in the name of this flag in '01. Not to mention the thousands that have died since then. Should we ban the display of that flag in this country? Ridicule any that own or respect it? Destroy it as a symbol of their heritage?

Or...how about the Qur'an? ISIS and others have slaughtered massive numbers in it's name. They regard it not just as a book, but as a symbol of their belief system. Should that symbol also be destroyed or banned due to those that do evil in it's name?

In full disclosure I don't think either the Qur'an or even the Islamic Crescent should be destroyed or banned. Yet it's equally wrong to disparage the rebel flag and southern heritage.
You must be butthurt by the mistakes you are making. Was not 3000 Americans that died at 911. Quite afew we from other countries as well.

The Confederate flag is not banned. You can buy them out on the open market and display it if you want to. That is not being BANNED.

We sure don't ban the Bible for crimes committed in it's name do we? So many Muslims say that ISIS is not following the Koran and are perverting the religion. You have read this without a doubt and you ignore it and post this crap just to try and cause more hatred against Muslims in the USA even if they are citizens.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Nice try. Actually, not even a nice try. YOU were the one that suggested relegating flags and symbols to museums. You and other leftists are the ones that are calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag. You are the hypocrite. No spinning this one. As I stated, I think that neither the Islamic Crescent, the Qur'an or the Confederate Battle Flag should be banned or denigrated. They are a significant part of some people's culture and heritage, even if they are not mine. Liberals have no where near the same degree of tolerance.

It's entertaining watching liberals flop about like a fish tossed up on the bank when their hypocrisy is pointed out and they can't defend or argue it.
You are saying that Lindsey Graham is a leftist? Quite a few other republicans also wanting it taken down.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
In America you are more likely to be killed by a GOP-loving uber conservative white supremacist than a Muslim. You are more likely to find a Dylan Roof in your neighborhood with a festering dislike of "the others" than an Anwar Alawaki.
He most likely is one of the above himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies