Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 07:07 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,140,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Congressional Dems should have READ the bill to SEE what was in it before they voted for it.
Absolutely true, I agree 100%. So you are acknowledging that the right's interpretation of ACA is not what the Democrats intended when they passed it? That means it was a drafting error. The SCOTUS reached the right result, then.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 07:14 AM

89,312 posts, read 45,033,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It's not nice to call Justice Roberts and Justice Kennedy "complete idiots". Along with the other four Justices in the majority, I have it on pretty good authority that they are extremely bright. Maybe they aren't "complete idiots".

Though, I must say, those Justices clearly are not as bright as Limbaugh, Hannity, Carlson, Beck, so on. Aren't they all college dropouts. Oh yeah.

Mick
The term "State" is defined in the ACA law itself. The law's definition of "State" doesn't include the word "federal." What do you not get about that?

Old 08-01-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Absolutely true, I agree 100%. So you are acknowledging that the right's interpretation of ACA is not what the Democrats intended when they passed it?
No, I'm saying the Congressional Dems passed a law that deliberately doesn't provide subsidies to federal exchange insurance buyers.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,221,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Its called Statutory Interpretation ...

Statutory Interpretation Law & Legal Definition

fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/97-589.pdf
Which only applies if definitions are not clearly defined inside the law..

more failure.. Bob...

Old 08-01-2015, 09:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,888,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How does that change the actual definition of the words put INTO the law itself?

Thats right, it doesnt..

/FAIL
From the CRS report ....

"In analyzing a statute’s text, the Court is guided by the basic principle that a statute should be read as a harmonious whole, with its separate parts being interpreted within their broader statutory context in a manner that furthers statutory purpose.". But hey, you knew already.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
there is no confusing in QUOTING the law.. the only thing taking place is left wing kooks claiming Democrats didnt even know the definition of the word "state", despite the fact that they defined it inside the law.

Once again, the Supreme Court, called you guys idiots.. You guys seem to agree
It's okay to admit that you were wrong. We understand, you are not a constitutional law lawyer or anything.

Let's hope President Trump/Clinton would not nominate "left wing kooks", like Justices Roberts and Kennedy apparently, to the bench.

I think the SCOTUS called you right wingers idiots for bringing this dumb lawsuit. lol

So, apologize and let's move on.

Mick

Old 08-01-2015, 10:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,221,636 times
Quote:
From the CRS report ....

"In analyzing a statute’s text, the Court is guided by the basic principle that a statute should be read as a harmonious whole, with its separate parts being interpreted within their broader statutory context in a manner that furthers statutory purpose.". But hey, you knew already.
And reading it as a harmonious whole, there is NOTHING confusing about the definition.. Unless you're an idiot..
Quote:
It's okay to admit that you were wrong. We understand, you are not a constitutional law lawyer or anything.
But I do understand what this means
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The ACA law itself defines "State" as "the term ‘‘State’’ means each of the 50 States and the District of Columbia."
If you think one has to be a constitutional lawyer to know what a state is, and you arent a constitutional lawyer, then by ambiguity, (the same ambiguity you claim is in the law), this would make one a moron.. By time one becomes old enough to post on city data, they should know what a state is.. some of you clearly dont. Are you sure you're old enough to post here?
Quote:
Let's hope President Trump/Clinton would not nominate "left wing kooks", like Justices Roberts and Kennedy apparently, to the bench.

I think the SCOTUS called you right wingers idiots for bringing this dumb lawsuit. lol
No, they simply redefined what a "state" was.. because under no way shape or form do you get a non state to be a state, given the definition. But then you knew that.. just playing obtuse
Quote:
From the CRS report ....

Quote:
So, apologize and let's move on.

Mick
I'm sorry there are so many idiots in this country who have to redefine things constantly to suit their own narrative..

Old 08-01-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry there are so many idiots in this country who have to redefine things constantly to suit their own narrative..
Indeed, sir.

Mick

Old 08-01-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Perhaps learning the function of the SCOTUS will help you cope....

Supreme Court, United States: Functions
I'm not seeing where SCOTUS is allowed to change existing law to suit any particular agenda.

Perhaps you can point out the section that explicitly permits such.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
How does that change the actual definition of the words put INTO the law itself?

Thats right, it doesnt..

/FAIL
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies