Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:30 AM

27,306 posts, read 16,285,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I find it so ironic that the OP finally seems to realize when you ban something that has a demand it creates a lucrative blackmarket.

Yet this is the same T-310 that is a huge supporter of the Government's War on "Drugs" and marijuana prohibition.

How dense can you be? Do you not see the similarities and what causes a blackmarket to be created in the first place?
Its the parents right to choose whats right for their kids. If they want to send a cookie in their lunch bag, its their right. Or a candy bar or soda pop. Kids metabolisms are different. Some are high energy and need more food than others that are more sedate. One size does not fit all.

As for intoxicants. They are bad all around more so that the occasional soda pop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 11:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,029,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Its the parents right to choose whats right for their kids. If they want to send a cookie in their lunch bag, its their right. Or a candy bar or soda pop. Kids metabolisms are different. Some are high energy and need more food than others that are more sedate. One size does not fit all.

As for intoxicants. They are bad all around more so that the occasional soda pop.

No argument with parents choosing what is right for their kids. I always get on my son for his sugar intake, and his picky pallet. The one good thing is he doesn't drink a lot of pop (that is what we call soda in Ohio), or any sweet drinks for that matter. He loves his water. Thankfully he is active and given that I'm skinny with a fast metabolism, he seems to be taking after me in that sense, so I don't see him being obese. Hell, that kid has known one speed since he has learned to walk, and that is run!

As for intoxicants. Yes they can be bad. There is no question about that. Some are way worse than others, which is why I other than weed, and alcohol I wasn't into the idea of experimenting with other crap, because of the potential risks. At least with weed and alcohol you tend to know what you're getting. In the case of weed, you're not going to OD and die, and with alcohol for the most part it helps to know your limits. Yes there are those who don't, which is why we hear of people drinking themselves to death. But the majority of those who drink alcohol, while they may over-indulge from time to time, know there limits. But anything in excess isn't good, and therefore moderation is key. Be it food, drugs, or beverages.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:11 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,986,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

That's sweet you want to act as nanny to every adult in the country-but the demand will always be there for marijuana. So waging a Government funded war on a plant with a demand is about as dumb as one can get. The war has been raging for decades yet more Americans use than ever before, it is more potent and there are more strains than ever.

The marijuana black market is growing and thriving-but thankfully states like Colorado are making a dent in their profits and power by legalizing and letting Government do what it does best-nothing.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 06-25-2015 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 04:19 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,438,702 times
Eh, whatever. On the extremely rare occasion that a public school has banned food brought from home, public outcry has been so great that prohibitions were soon rescinded. Kids have been trading sweet and salty snacks for years. I did it. My kids did it. I'm sure my grandchildren will do it. School lunches are required to meet certain health standards. If the kids want to bring in a salt packet to doctor it up, again, whatever.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:17 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,285,301 times
If I was the DIC, the parents would be responsible for feeding their children lunch.

Not the state.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:49 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,731,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It's good to see that children are still resourceful, I was starting to worry.
Opportunity is not lost on the pint size entrepreneurs.

We had a guy that was shaking down students for their lunch money in the cafeteria. He wasn't just getting a lunch for the day. He was getting the whole lunch ticket for the week. I didn't really like it much but it wan't my business really. Then the idea occurred to me. I could talk to these kids and offer them protection. I wouldn't take their lunch money. My fee would be the desert. I had so many kids accept that I couldn't eat all the deserts. So many of them never had to pay but once a week and I made a lot of friends. All I had to do was tell the guy that he couldn't shake down anyone who was under my protection, or we were going to discuss it after school. He was a bully and never wanted to have that discussion.
I never had to ask for anyone's desert. They would just come over and offer it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies