Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 07:55 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB17 View Post
Adultery and divorce are both sins too, and I don't hear much whining about it. Nope none at all, it's clearly GAYS which are the problem.
No one wants to fly an adultery flag or a divorce flag over the white house. No one has adultery pride parades, or divorce pride parades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 07:56 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why don't you worry about your own sins and leave others, who don't believe as you do, to live as they choose?
Why do gays want to have gay pride parades and flaunt their sins?

Old 06-28-2015, 07:58 PM

17,427 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Why do laws intended for heterosexual couples need to be applied to non-heterosexual couples?
Why do you choose to ignore the posts that have answered this question?

Married couples have immediate rights - tax laws, next of kin, inheritance rules, hospital visitations, etc.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:10 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
"The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States,"

Article 3 section 2.

Are you seriously trying to squeeze out of that unlimited and unchecked law making power for the judiciary?

You must have skipped over this part.

"All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/article

Only the legislature has the Constitutional authority to make laws.

That`s why the Bill of Rights places all of its prohibitions on Congress and not the Congress plus the Supreme Court.

"Congress shall make no law"

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...irst_amendment

Old 06-28-2015, 08:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limetea View Post
So disclaimer upfront, I am 100% in support of marriage equality. I'm also a heterosexual and married, and was raised going to a religious school for 12 years.

The thing I just do.not.understand about the hysterical keening on the topic of marriage equality, is why this is considered so much worse than all the other "sins?" (I, of course don't view homosexual relationships as sinful at all) Why does who people fall in love with pose such a supposed threat?

Where are the pastors giving sermons on the steps of McDonalds condemning gluttony? Obesity is the leading cause of preventable deaths in the US, so there is actual physical damage being done to the nation on the altar of the Golden Arches. Do pastors stand at the doors of their churches and refuse entry to those who are overweight? Do they march with graphic, bloody posters with pictures of obese people in surgery to save their lives as shocking visual reminders not to be gluttonous?

How many pastors condemned the big banks when the stock market crashed? Why was there not a huge outcry against the moneylenders? Jesus spoke about wealth and corruption vehemently and often, he was the poor man's messiah. Surely the churches should have been holding protests and whipping up their congregation to support legislation to help the people most affected. They should have been leading the charge to imprison those who imprisoned others in debt. Yet, though this was the matter Jesus himself was most passionate about, I heard crickets. Oh and how many times did Jesus himself mention homosexuality....that would be none.

And if we MUST discuss sins of the sexual variety, where is the outrage about divorce? Yes, many Christian denominations oppose it, but when was the last time they pushed for legislation to outlaw it? When was the last time you saw a pastor on a television news program, with a vein throbbing in his forehead, railing about the perversion of second marriages? Demanding that the constitution be amended so that divorces be illegal? Well, they don't. Neither do they call for stoning of women who do not cover their hair or death to those who plant two crops together.

So, enlighten me, why is it homosexuality is such a great threat that consumes so much of the thought process of those on the Christian right?

Religion and sin have no impact on the topic, or many others, so remove that aspect. I don't care what the hell you do or whose genitalia you play with, don't ram the fact down my throat and don't force me - by law - to kowtow to those who do so.
I don't think it to be natural as nothing but lust is involved - no procreation is involved. But do it if you must. Keep it to yourselves - it isn't a right guaranteed you by the Constitution. If government must be involved it is, by law, a state concern. SCOTUS should know not to entertain these matters. Their ruling was unconstitutional. If they can rule the way they did about same sex marriage they can make rulings about anything. Because Obama is in office, they got their foot further into your life.
Be ready to welcome 1984 and Big Brother.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why do you choose to ignore the posts that have answered this question?

Married couples have immediate rights - tax laws, next of kin, inheritance rules, hospital visitations, etc.

And?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Religion and sin have no impact on the topic, or many others, so remove that aspect. I don't care what the hell you do or whose genitalia you play with, don't ram the fact down my throat and don't force me - by law - to kowtow to those who do so.
I don't think it to be natural as nothing but lust is involved - no procreation is involved. But do it if you must. Keep it to yourselves - it isn't a right guaranteed you by the Constitution. If government must be involved it is, by law, a state concern. SCOTUS should know not to entertain these matters. Their ruling was unconstitutional. If they can rule the way they did about same sex marriage they can make rulings about anything. Because Obama is in office, they got their foot further into your life.
Be ready to welcome 1984 and Big Brother.

Couple of things ...

Are you saying that people who can't have children shouldn't get married? Because that's what it sounds like.

And 2 ... how is same sex marriage forcing you to do anything? You do know you don't have to have a gay marriage yourself, right?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It does? Weird, I don't recall that being part of the deal. Immigration, inheritance, next of kin rights, immunity from witnessign against one another, well-established rules in case we split, sure.

"Sex life regulation"? No - no, I don't think that's on the books.

Could you be more specific?

Because now I am afraid my wife and I may have been doing it all wrong. I mean, we seem to manage to our own satisfaction, but is there paperwork we should be filing? Can we look up the regulations somewhere? Inspection stickers? Emission controls? Noise regulations, perhaps? This is very disconcerting.

Doing it wrong, in this case, involves doing it with someone other than your wife, but you already knew that.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And?

And ... you have the answer to your question.

Bye.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:17 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why do gays want to have gay pride parades and flaunt their sins?
Ever seen a Mardi Gras parade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies