Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 07:24 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
...in response to the gay marriage decision by SCOTUS...

Synod president responds to SCOTUS same-sex marriage ruling | LCMS News & Information
And the ELCA allows individual ministers to decide whether to marry same-sex couples. Here's a clear statement from PEW outlining where different denominations stand:

Where Christian churches, other religions stand on gay marriage | Pew Research Center

Of course, things may change in the coming months now that however many more congregations are affected; I'm just saying the Missourri Synod's stance is nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 07:25 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
LOL!!!!! There's no such thing. It's anatomically and metaphysically impossible. Not to mention that it simply does not exist.

Only insane, post-modern man whose mind has been so thoroughly distorted and reason so mangled by the luciferian philosophy and disease of liberalism/modernism could delude himself to accept such lunacy.

Truly, when minds are this sick we are near the end.
Hear that kaboom! That's the sound of the irony meter exploding.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:53 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I have lesbian friends who got all excited watching "One Million Years..." And, it too was over Rachael.
She certainly had universal appeal didn't she Or you could be talking Richardson...

Anyway, we are all excited by what we are excited by...
Great way to put it. And that should be that.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:02 PM

64 posts, read 61,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Do you understand it's impossible?

Of course you don't. You're alive in 2015 and have been robbed of the ability to think and reason correctly because of the literal cesspit you were born into.

Modern society is so thoroughly sick and far gone that there are barely any words in the human language to describe the situation properly.

As in the days of Noah...

I'm happy you have strong religious convictions. Clearly your religion is something you feel passionately about and it's wonderful that you live in a country in which it's your right to practice that religion freely and vociferously.

Here's the thing. I don't want you to recognize same sex marriage. Your religion should not have to perform marriages that they disagree with, and considering that you believe marriage is only valid if it takes place in your church between two heterosexuals, obviously by your standards gay marriage can not exist. I get that. No one wants you to have to violate your religion.

But not everyone lives by your standards, nor should they. America is not a theocracy. And before you say it would be better if it were a theocracy...are you sure? You stand by that? What if 20 years from now Muslims are the majority religion in America? You'd be cool with following their religious dictates, having your child pray to Allah in school, and the government consulting The Quran before legislating? I'm guessing the answer is no. But there are people in America who are just as fiercely Muslim as you are Christian. There are Jews more religious than you. There are Christians of differing denominations than yours who are exactly as sure as you are that theirs is the only right way to understand God.

So the only REAL freedom for the religious amongst us, and the beauty of this country, is that no one religion gets to influence the government. As opposition to gay marriage is rooted in religious ideals, there's no constitutionally appropriate argument against it.

I get that *to you* it's not marriage. That's fine, to the state, it is

Old 06-27-2015, 08:04 PM

64 posts, read 61,620 times
Also I kind of love the guy who's obsessed with "sodomite marriage" but never once mentioned homosexual women.

Because you know, lesbians are HOT

Old 06-27-2015, 08:29 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Have YOU read the Bible cover to cover? Have you read any of it at all? Did you understand what you were reading?
Have you ever taken a course in American History? Have you ever studied our Constitution (I have)?
I asked before, so I'l just repeat: First Amendment or First Commandment?

Old 06-27-2015, 08:30 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the missouri synod is one of four branches of the lutheran church. it only indicates that the branches headquarters are located in missouri. and you likely have heard of it, just look around your town and find the lutheran churches located there, chances are there are a few missouri synod lutheran chruches in your town.
If you're not part of their congregation, who cares?

Quote:
again you are completely missing the point. but that is normal these days. so what ever you say, just remember my words for the future when the scotus starts making rulings that you dont like that go against the constitution.
The ruling is perfectly Constitutional.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:37 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Wrongs have been righted. Real marriage (between one man and one woman) does not need to be righted.

A country can be moral but still have faults. There is no perfect country.
Lol, just like that, huh?

And when did all those people who are responsible for those horrible atrocities ask for forgiveness for what they did? You know, when the wrongs were righted?

Oh, and if "real marriage" doesn't need to be "righted", explain divorce rates, infidelities and whatnot?

Old 06-27-2015, 08:48 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
I love when non-believers quote the Bible with no clue what they are quoting, and without any knowledge of other scripture.
It's even better when 'believers' quote the Bible with no clue what they are quoting, and without any knowledge of other scripture....or history or the cultures and languages of the times.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:41 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Quote:
I love when non-believers quote the Bible with no clue what they are quoting, and without any knowledge of other scripture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
It's even better when 'believers' quote the Bible with no clue what they are quoting, and without any knowledge of other scripture....or history or the cultures and languages of the times.
And it's even better when "believers" decide to pick and choose which passages in the bible they want to follow/believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies