Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 08:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I just got up from my desk, and looked out the window...ANNNNNNNND....the sky hasn't fallen, and the world hasn't ended as some would have wanted us to believe.

If anything, I think that the sun is shining just that much brighter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 08:57 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As if I care.
You care. Else you wouldn't be reading this thread, and you wouldn't have replied.

But as you mentioned, the regressives should be relived it's over, even if they don't know it. It ought to eliminate marriage as a political issue.

Of course, that means Rick Santorum's chances just went from 0.7% to 0.2%. Oh to be a fly on the wall in his filthy cave.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It will interesting to see the reaction of Governors running for President.
Indeed.

Although I suspect many 2016 wannabees are relieved.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:00 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Happy friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:01 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Actually no I don't. As I said. I am glad the constant whining can now come to an end and the countries attention can move to more pressing issues of more significance.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:03 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Actually no I don't. As I said. I am glad the constant whining can now come to an end and the countries attention can move to more pressing issues of more significance.
It won't, though. The significant issues are too boring for our ADHD nation. The media will find something else to attach to (likely pot) and we'll focus on that instead of things that we actually need to focus on.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:04 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Yeah, somehow my own (heterosexual) marriage has not collapsed into a singularity. Puzzling, isn't it.

Hasn't affected mine either, nor will it. My wife and I will be just fine. I looked outside because I heard that this would make God angry, and would bring about the destruction of America, and thought I'd see fire in the sky, or some sort of cosmic event happening, and....well.... nothing. I'm guessing that the Man upstairs has more pressing matters. If anything, I'm more worried about that from our politicians and what they're doing to the country, than what 2 consenting adults do in their bedrooms or if they want to spend their lives together.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:04 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,267,364 times
Quote:
I am glad this decision was reached. Now maybe, just maybe we can get on with the silly business of running this country. The only down side I see is for gays. They no longer have anything to whine endlessly about. What will they do?
Since when have civil rights ever been granted to a disenfranchised group without "whining"? Gay people have gone from being incarcerated in prisons and mental institutions to being considered equal citizens because of protests, discussions and public education campaigns.

I suppose if you were arrested for being caught making out with whomever you love, went to jail and lost your job--and then complained about it the you'd be "whining"?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:05 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Uhh...this is pretty significant. SCOTUS just invalidated a lot of constitutionally-enshrined bigotry and hatred. That doesn't happen everyday.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Yay! Now my older brother can finally legally marry his beloved. Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Congratulations to them!

Equality and justice under the law won. It's a historic, important day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies