Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 08:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,184,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Another liberal do-gooder with nothing better to do get arrested after tampering with property that doesn't belong to her. Funny thing is, after she got arrested, the flag just went right back up where it belongs.

If you watch the video, you get to hear some of the other protesters parroting some meaningless liberal catch-phrases that they just made up.

Bree Newsome removes Confederate flag from South Carolina Capitol in Columbia | Daily Mail Online
Where it belongs, huh?

Old 06-27-2015, 09:17 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,229,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Good for her. The flag of treason and slavery is toxic to everyone but hardcore racists now.

This flag technically represents the same thing. Don't be dense.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:20 PM

30,111 posts, read 18,720,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Another liberal do-gooder with nothing better to do get arrested after tampering with property that doesn't belong to her. Funny thing is, after she got arrested, the flag just went right back up where it belongs.

If you watch the video, you get to hear some of the other protesters parroting some meaningless liberal catch-phrases that they just made up.

Bree Newsome removes Confederate flag from South Carolina Capitol in Columbia | Daily Mail Online
Great!

Before too long, we will have liberals burning piles of books in evening, with throngs of loyal, approving masses shouting slogans and carrying torches.

Oppression and limitation of free speech comes in all stripes and at many times in the history of man. The unifying theme is intolerance and limitations of free speech and individual rights. The modern liberal is simply a jack booted fascist in a different time.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,242,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Does Portland advocate secession? That would be a bad idea considering they'd lose all that food stamp money
Well I guess you can enjoy your hatred for the region you live in if that flag that represents the region bothers you that much. And I am sure someone in Portland and in Oregon has advocated for secession, but they would be the minority, unlike the treasonous Southerners that actually attempted to secede from the Union.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:39 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,229,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I guess you can enjoy your hatred for the region you live in if that flag that represents the region bothers you that much. And I am sure someone in Portland and in Oregon has advocated for secession, but they would be the minority, unlike the treasonous Southerners that actually attempted to secede from the Union.
I'm not even Southern and I'm sick of seeing the treasonous this and treacherous that. It was a different time that we will never understand and nobody was really even charged with treason after the war was over. Jefferson Davis wasn't charged with ANYTHING and he was the President of the CSA for Christ sake.

So give it a rest, It doesn't help that you're in a state that had no dog in the fight. Hell, there are probably far more Patriots in the South today than there are in Oregon. Ironic, right?

Old 06-27-2015, 09:54 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,276,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great!

Before too long, we will have liberals burning piles of books in evening, with throngs of loyal, approving masses shouting slogans and carrying torches.

Oppression and limitation of free speech comes in all stripes and at many times in the history of man. The unifying theme is intolerance and limitations of free speech and individual rights. The modern liberal is simply a jack booted fascist in a different time.

In this day and age one can only believe or think or do business ONE way - the liberal fascist way.

When SCOTUS makes a decision based on popular opinion? Not a good thing.

But they don't see that - all they see is that they "won".

Very slippery slope this country just got pushed down 2x in one week.

But it's all about "feelings" anymore.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:56 PM

34,104 posts, read 17,167,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post

In this day and age one can only believe or think or do business ONE way - the

drive profit way. Businesses are correctly mitigating risk by ridding themselves of this 19th century relic.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I'm not even Southern and I'm sick of seeing the treasonous this and treacherous that. It was a different time that we will never understand and nobody was really even charged with treason after the war was over. Jefferson Davis wasn't charged with ANYTHING and he was the President of the CSA for Christ sake.

So give it a rest, It doesn't help that you're in a state that had no dog in the fight. Hell, there are probably far more Patriots in the South today than there are in Oregon. Ironic, right?
He was imprisoned for a few years after the war and died never being allowed to be a US citizen, it wasn't until 1978 that his citizenship was restored in a symbolic attempt to appease Southerners.

Last time I checked, this is something about historical content to the US, Oregon is a part of the US so I am free to talk about it as much as I like, don't like it, don't read my posts. As for Patriots, secessionists are the minority in every region of the country so I am sure there would be just as many Patriots in Oregon as there is an any Southern state.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:05 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,968,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
She should have set that traitorous flag on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Good for her. The flag of treason and slavery is toxic to everyone but hardcore racists now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Good for her. It was disgraceful that when all the other flags were lowered to half mast over the capitol following the shooting, the rebel flag still flew high and untouched. I look forward to the day when it comes down for good.
More lemmings that never gave a second thought to this flag 2 weeks ago.

Hooray for Faux outrage.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post

In this day and age one can only believe or think or do business ONE way - the liberal fascist way.

When SCOTUS makes a decision based on popular opinion? Not a good thing.

But they don't see that - all they see is that they "won".

Very slippery slope this country just got pushed down 2x in one week.

But it's all about "feelings" anymore.
So because the SCOTUS didn't agree with you, that must mean it was bad decisions? Who knew people marrying the one they love would be considered as a bad thing. Right wing logic never makes any sense.

Oh and last time I checked, marriage is about "feelings." I married my wife because I felt I loved her and my feelings told me she was the right person for me to spend the rest of my life with. Do you not use your "feelings" when making some decisions? I am willing to bet your frustration with the SCOTUS decisions is rooted more in "feelings" than "logic."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies