Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 01:14 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
What I really like about this are the number of requirements that Chelsea's "handlers" had for the university: warm water on stage, restrictions on who got to "introduce" Chelsea, not allowed to say she's the wretched offspring of Billary, she has to be intro'd as "Chelsea Clinton, director of Clinton Global Cigar Insertion Foundation" (or whatever the stupid foundation is called).

Chelsea's about as dumb as they come when it comes to speaking. Even her interviews are embarrassing, and you know those are all scripted. I'd be willing to give her some latitude if she was in her early 20's. But she's 34. The ONLY thing that makes her even remotely interesting is that her father had sex with someone just a few years older than she was, and then proceeded to lie about it.

Trashy mother, trashy father, hardly anyone worth listening to.
And...what is her married name...ashamed of it? If you are not aware of the family into which she married, do the research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
My God, what a bunch of snobs you liberals and Democrats are!

I thought it was Republicans who were supposed to be the elitists!
And the reason it took Sarah so long was because she attended a year or semester, went home and earned more money in order to pay for the next year or semester, etc., etc. She didn't take out the foolish government loans that put students into deep debt before they even get a job. Sarah Palin understands economics.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:48 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
And...what is her married name...ashamed of it? If you are not aware of the family into which she married, do the research.
Girls in her generation do not all take their husband's last name. It's not that unusual, especially when a person has two famous parents she's obviously very proud of. Heck, I'm a lot older then her and I didn't take my husband's name either. Her husband's parents were both in congress and he was raised Jewish. What exactly are you trying to imply about the family she married into?

Old 07-09-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Girls in her generation do not all take their husband's last name. It's not that unusual, especially when a person has two famous parents she's obviously very proud of. Heck, I'm a lot older then her and I didn't take my husband's name either. Her husband's parents were both in congress and he was raised Jewish. What exactly are you trying to imply about the family she married into?
Do the research.

If you wish to retain your maiden name, the way to do that is to hyphenate your maiden name to your husbands name. Otherwise, you send a message that is a bit disrespectful about your husband.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Wow. So many people are obviously jealous of a person's accomplishments. How do you know if she is a humanitarian or not? Do you know anything about her work or are you just posting negative comments because you don't like the Clintons?

Comments like this are pure ignorance. Chelsea is the Vice Chairperson of the Clinton Foundation. Over $400 million has been raised to help struggling people in more than 180 countries. What have you done to improve your community lately?
It seems to me, the ones here who attempt to defend Chelsea can't do so on the facts. Hence, they try to discredit the party who said something they don't like but can't logically defend.

This of course speaks volumes as to the facts of the matter as logical discourse does not depend upon such tactics.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:19 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Do the research.

If you wish to retain your maiden name, the way to do that is to hyphenate your maiden name to your husbands name. Otherwise, you send a message that is a bit disrespectful about your husband.
That's just plain ridiculous and completely untrue. Hyphenated names were a fad for awhile and that fad has faded in favor of just keeping your own name as in not going down to the court house and changing your last name to spouse's or hyphenating them. Each couple has the right to discuss and make that decision for themselves. I sometimes use a hyphenated name in social situations when it helps people to connect me to my husband (like at a class reunion) but my legal name is still the one I was born in and that's the name I've used for business and everything else since before and after I met my husband. The same with Chelsea. It's really not a big deal to keep your name anymore.

It might interest you to know they named their baby Charlotte Clinton Mervinky.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:24 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Did anyone show up to hear her?

Old 07-09-2015, 03:34 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
I don't think anyone is denying Chelsea is smart. But let's be realistic.....a school paying her $65k to speak and then putting it into the tax free Clinton slush fund is just a way to buy political influence from her parents.

The same reason CALPERS gave millions in public money to be managed by Chelsea's husband in his off-shore hedge fund, which he lost a huge amount in bets on Greece.

Yes, Hillary's son in law received retirement money of public school teachers to manage in his hedge fund registered in the Cayman Islands, and lost huge amounts betting on Greece. That is literally sickening.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
And the reason it took Sarah so long was because she attended a year or semester, went home and earned more money in order to pay for the next year or semester, etc., etc. She didn't take out the foolish government loans that put students into deep debt before they even get a job. Sarah Palin understands economics.
In what fantasy land did you hear this? She went to college in Hawaii on a scholarship.

By the way, I'm not knocking people who get scholarships, even from beauty pageants. Good for her. I don't care if she transferred to a community college or attended a total of 6 schools before finally graduating. However, it's funny that you wrote "Sarah Palin understands economics." Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. But even Sarah admitted she got a D in economics in college.

I'm not going to get into those "foolish government loans" you're talking about, but your entire post is not based on fact.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Why do people care about this? Chelsea Clinton has a Bachelor's Degree, 2 Master's Degrees and a PhD. The Clintons tried desperately to protect her from the vicious media when she was a child, although the jokes about her were cruel and merciless. Shame, shame, shame!

However, Paris Hilton was paid $250,000 to show up at a birthday party. Charlie Sheen made $1.8 million an episode for 1/2 hour comedy show. Kim Kardashian has a net worth of over $85 million and I'm not even sure what she does for a living. I know she married Kanye West who is worth over $130 million.

So why is everyone bent out of shape about this? She was INVITED to speak. Today Donald Trump blasted former Pres Bush for charging a Wounded Veterans Charity $100,000 to speak and insist they pay $20,000 for his private jet. Now THAT's something people should be upset about. OMG, shoot me. I just agreed with Donald Trump. LOL

Seriously, why is this even a discussion? Snooki is worth over $4 million. Well, at least she has a high school diploma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies