Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 06:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That isn't what Trump said though. He was referring to illegal aliens and he wasn't calling them all rapists.
Exactly. He called the rapists, rapists. PC is to hide the truth and not allow the truth to be told.

So I guess Americans especially if they're white are not allowed to call rapists from Mexico, rapists? This is the insanity of progressivism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 06:22 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
What if they lose 10%, 50%?.
LOL!

The Confederate flag is nowhere to be found in regions with high disposable income, and those are the folks corps wisely cater to.

Not, per Huckabee's accurate term, Bubbaville.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Seems like a lot of people on this site think #1 protects you from private consequences. It does not.
that's what the law is there for, to protect the speaker from the 'offended'. otherwise you have gang rules where being dissed requires killing.

the consequence for words, any words, does not permit a physical response..lesson 1

Old 07-02-2015, 07:22 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The Clinton's will give you a nice speech for a fee.

For a hefty fee........a very hefty fee.

Don't worry, $27,000 of that $300,000 fee will go to Charity.

Mansions to maintain you know.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:44 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
This thread is such a mess... I sincerely cannot tell who's arguing what.

The first amendment only says the government cannot punish you for expressing an opinion (unless it's a communist in the 1950s or a black guy with an opinion in the 1960s or....). That doesn't mean people that aren't the government can't 'punish' you. Free speech is a two way street; you can say whatever you want, but anyone else can say whatever they want back. For some reason, that shocks a lot of people. But that's how freedom works in most people's minds, I'm sorry to say.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:37 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
This thread is such a mess... I sincerely cannot tell who's arguing what.

The first amendment only says the government cannot punish you for expressing an opinion (unless it's a communist in the 1950s or a black guy with an opinion in the 1960s or....). That doesn't mean people that aren't the government can't 'punish' you. Free speech is a two way street; you can say whatever you want, but anyone else can say whatever they want back. For some reason, that shocks a lot of people. But that's how freedom works in most people's minds, I'm sorry to say.
That's true, but when you have a hypersensitive society that thinks their feelings warrant destroying someone's life, it's problematic and destructive. It ruins lives and destroys the "dialogue" we're told to cherish.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:47 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hate speech is speech that broadly and indiscriminately attacks a class of people instead of measuring arguments relative to the spectrum of diversity within that class of people... such as calling all Mexicans rapists. Or all Muslims terrorists. Or all black people unemployed gang members. Or all women mentally inferior to men (has been done in the past). Or all gays deviant. And yes, it can be aimed against conservatives, too. I know that was going to be your next question.

If you were to think that virulent blanket statements of this sort are "the truth," then there isn't much more to discuss.
How about calling anyone who has a Confederate flag a racist? Or anyone who honors their ancestors who fought for the CSA racists and traitors?

Old 07-02-2015, 08:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
When the wife asks you if she looks fat in a dress the answer is always "no".
Unless you like big butts and cannot lie.

[]

Old 07-02-2015, 09:04 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So I guess then we need laws in compliance with the 1st to protect against private actors?

My employer couldn't fire me for exercising my 1st amendment.
yes he can, the bill of right are just to keep government off your tail. it has nothing to do with private sector.

if you protest and say the government crooked, government cant touch you. but you boss can because you made his company look bad. employer can fire you for what ever they want

Last edited by brownbagg; 07-02-2015 at 09:53 PM..

Old 07-02-2015, 09:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
yes he can, the bill of right are just to keep government off your tail. it has nothing to do with private sector.

if you protest and say the government crooked, government cant touch you. but you boss can because you made his company look bad. employee can fire you for what ever they want

Well companies make themselves look bad too when they unnecessarily take sides, promote PC, and unnecessarily fire people for free speech. they should've just kept a neutral stance if they are really for diversity as they claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies