Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 11:35 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I happen to detest American media and yes I have posted my disgust with them many times,but your "spin" of this case is even more sickening!

This is not a case of the "media" sensationalizing anything.....but of a greedy ass megalomaniac using a family's tragedy for his own personal gain!

Really? You have that all 100% wrong. This thread is just a cheap shot at some one you don't like, and your actually using this dead girl to beat him with the body. Your using this for your own personal agenda gain and throwing stones at others. That's what's really sickening yet comical. And your blind as a Bat and can't see it.

Your "spin" spoofing "outrage" isn't working. Its still a Bashing thread to you, doing exactly what your accusing Trump of.

Last edited by Boris347; 07-15-2015 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 11:41 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Not in the least, they are her parents for Pete's sake! How the hell does an a****** like Trump exploiting their tragedy for his own freaking gain compare, pray tell?

You must really love that *****!
CNN exploited her brother.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
How the hell does an a****** like Trump exploiting their tragedy for his own freaking gain compare, pray tell?

Compares almost as much as your exploiting their tragedy to use as a club to pound on Trump with. Actually, this use of her Death is worse than what you accuse Trump of. Sad....

Old 07-15-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh yea and the sensationalism over a thug that robbed a store and tried to get the cops gun. Hands up don't shoot. Convicted the cop before the evidence came out.
I blame that on the Officials there that did not have the guts to confront the Criminals doing the looting and burning with the force that was needed. The looters should have been shot on the spot, and those inciting riots should still be in jail.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Nice try.

Obama put an end to Secure Communities.
As I've written before, it is very difficult for a U.S. President to order State or City Officials to follow Federal guidelines without threatening severe penalties, and no U.S. leader would do that. We impose sanctions against foreign governments so that they will be more obedient. Do you really think we should end programs that benefit United States citizens? When a politician says to hold back Federal Funding to a Sanctuary City, he is admitting that punishing our own citizens because of where they live is an option. What programs should we cut? Jobs? Medicare? Maybe if there's an earthquake in San Francisco FEMA should ignore the needy. Guess the Federal Government shouldn't assist hurricane victims if there's a life threatening storm in Miami.

By the way, Obama did not (as you put it) "put an end"to the Secure Communities program. Local law enforcement agencies still must submit fingerprints to the FBI for criminal background checks. What changed is that ICE officials only issue orders to detain people in the country illegally who have been convicted of serious offenses or those who pose a risk to national security. The name was changed to the Priority Enforcement Program.

Sanchez was convicted several times, so the question is "who is at fault?" You obviously don't like anything Obama does and said more than once that he hates White people and wants to kill us all, which is why I wrote that I should not be addressing your posts.

I was not apologizing. I assume you were being sarcastic.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The killer should go ahead an plead Guilty in a fast trial so Obama can Pardon him before he leaves office.
I realize you were being flippant, but Obama did not pardon anyone who was here illegally or who had committed a violent act.

I'm just trying to figure out what we're supposed to do with the illegals we deport who sneak back into the country. Kill them? Keep them in prison forever? Sanchez was deported at least 5 times. He committed crimes way before Obama was in office. He entered the U.S. when Clinton and Bush were both in office.

The POTUS is not some kind of magician who can be everywhere watching over 319 million citizens and millions of illegal immigrants, not to mention millions of tourists who enter our country every day. Anyone who blames Obama for this crime is being obtuse.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:04 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
It is a conundrum on what do to with repeat violators of the Border. There should be some sort of appropriate punishment.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:35 PM

I'm curious. Did President Bush fly to Fort Myers when a young cop was murdered? Since I was living only 25 miles from the shooting at the time, I remember the story well. Officer Widman was married and had 3 little kids. He saw a woman in trouble and tried to break up a fight in a bar in Fort Myers FL. IIRC it was in 2008. I do not remember President Bush attending Officer Widman's funeral or speaking about the murder.

By the way, I also don't remember any Republican using the murder of a police officer for political gain in 2007. Yes, they complained about illegal immigrants, but when Nick Erfle, a Phoenix cop, was shot and killed by illegal Erik Martinez who had been deported in 2006 for burglary, where was their outrage against the POTUS back then?

Old 07-15-2015, 01:36 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
One big problem I see is that, on the one hand, we need to protect our borders, but at what cost to Americans?

This tragedy is being used for political gain. One illegal immigrant out of millions committed a terrible crime. There are about as many Jews as there are illegal immigrants (12 to 13 million) in the United States. When Bernie Madoff was first arrested for fraud and swindling people out of their life savings, I heard his name, closed my eyes and said "Oy, I hope he isn't Jewish." The reason is because, even though it had absolutely nothing to do with his crime, the neo-Nazis and other antisemitic groups used him as an example to hate all Jews.

There have been other murders throughout the years committed by illegal immigrants. In Fort Myers there was a similar situation, that is, a man who should have been deported shot a young police officer in the face. That was in 2008. Since I was living only 20 miles from the shooting at the time, I remember the story well. He was married and had 3 little kids. He saw a woman in trouble and tried to break up a fight in a bar in Fort Myers FL.

However, I do not remember President Bush attending Officer Widman's funeral or speaking about the murder. If anyone can produce information about this, please show me.

By the way, I don't remember any Republican using the murder of a police officer for political gain in 2007. Nick Erfle, a Phoenix cop, was shot and killed by Erik Martinez who had been deported in 2006 for burglary but re-entered the United States.
What about the political outrage of a flag because of the actions of one person out of hundreds of millions of people?

Seems no one was worried about using the deaths in SC for a political agenda.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:41 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

I'm just trying to figure out what we're supposed to do with the illegals we deport who sneak back into the country. Kill them? Keep them in prison forever? Sanchez was deported at least 5 times. He committed crimes way before Obama was in office. He entered the U.S. when Clinton and Bush were both in office.
I'm not sure I agree with the 5+10+15 year law they are talking about but a 2+4+6 years every time they come back over the border would sure make the Criminal element think twice about coming back over after they get home.

Every time a Felon crosses over you add 2 years (minimum) to his previous internment. We are talking about illegals who have committed Felonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies