Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama was right for saying this and doing this, and if so why?
Yes 18 24.66%
No 53 72.60%
I don't know 2 2.74%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 12:54 PM

17,461 posts, read 14,697,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
No, Regan and Clinton would have answered in a manner which exudes positive leadership qualities.

Obama was caught without an answer and snapped like an immature teenager.
This.

Garrett framed the question in such a way that Obama couldn't really answer using his pre-arranged talking points - good for him.

I didn't realize the press was supposed to make sure Obama's wittle-bitty fweelings weren't hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 12:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Not deflecting anything.
So, post your clip of Matthews slagging on Dubya, then.

You brought it up.

Quote:
I think Obama is sensitive, unprofessional, petty with many insecurities.
If he was secure, professional and had a backbone he would calmly answer the question.
But since he could not come up with an answer he took it out on Major.
He put Garrett back in his place after he tossed out an inappropriate childish insult.

Stop being so sensitive. He had it coming.

Quote:
Nothing to deflect.
Matthews, Dubya, etc.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:58 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,997,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So?

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I have ZERO sympathy for idiot Americans who break laws in foreign States.

Let them rot...

Mircea
Mircea you are not alone in thinking this! I am shocked Iran doesn't consider these Americans Enemy Combatants and locks them up in an outpost on the Dasht e Kabir.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:04 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The Iran deal was between 5 nations plus 1 negotiating with Iran to curtail their nuclear weapons program. It was not just about America's interests. It was not about Iran sponsoring terrorism, it was not about US prisoners. It was about nuclear weapons and their manufacture...........period.

The prisoners are being negotiated through traditional back door, diplomatic channels and will be released within 6 months. You can bet on it.
I agree.
While i want those Americans freed as much as anyone, the sooner the better, the only way it will happen is when the relations between the United States and Iran are much less hostile. This treaty creates friendlier relations to grow, and Iran's government will be much more prone to release the Americans they have once they have good reason to be friendly, not hostile.
Since some are not held by their government, their odds of release will also improve. Iran would be much more amenable to using their own forces, or allowing ours to work alongside theirs, to force the captive's release.

Once the treaty is official, I don't think it will take 6 months for some to be released. It could easily be more a matter of weeks than months, or even days, not weeks.

The first signs of good will are most often the release of captive humans. It is the fastest and easiest way of showing good will of all. It is always the one where friendly reciprocation happens fastest in return.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Video Major Garret Says He Intentionally Provoked Obama With Question | The Daily Caller

Obama had been telling the parents and families of these men, that we were going to do everything they could and work hard at getting them home...but when he had the chance, he didn't even use any bargining chips to do so, and that's what upset Obama, he'd been caught....he was wrong...and actually feel sorry for him, but the reporter wanted the Americans to know....It isn't easy being a President, not in the least....but I feel that Obama is arrogant...and I felt the same way about Bush....although, I love Bush's wife, she is indeed a first lady.
How does anyone, other than those involved in the negotiations, know what has or hasn't been done to gain their release?
Why do people believe that this sort of information should be broadcast to the world?

Old 07-16-2015, 01:35 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The way Major asked the question was in the way of a major a$$***e. Reagan would have ripped him a new butthole. Clinton would have wagged his finger rigorously at him. He got off easy with a very civilized response from Obama.
Aww, poor Obama was asked a hard question. You libs just can't take it, can you?

Old 07-16-2015, 01:41 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Aww, poor Obama was asked a hard question. You libs just can't take it, can you?
I'm not a Lib. I voted for Republican up until W ran for re-election. Libertarian ever since. I just don't like the lack of civility in politics by both of the worthless party hacks. It undermines our republic and it shows a lack of respect. If nothing else, it shows what an ignoramus Major is to think we could negotiate US hostages into an agreement that included 5 other nations.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:02 PM

50,923 posts, read 24,424,171 times
Quote:
And if Chris Matthews was being a jerk to W Bush where would you be?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would be (and have been) just as critical of Christ Matthews or any other reporting being snarky with any president.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:13 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,660,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no he wasn't he asked him a question that a whole lot of Americans were also asking him....

I think Obama acted appropriately to the accusation that reporter made, asking how Obama can be 'content' to leave behind those captives.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That a-hole knows how Obama feels? For all he knows, Obama could feel like crap about the situation.

Say someone kidnapped two of your children. You got one back, but the other is still with the kidnappers.

How would you like it if, while you are expressing your thanks to law enforcement for retrieving one of your children, someone accuses you of being 'content' to get one child back?

I would have slapped that guy's face, multiple times!!!!!!!!!

Obama showed extreme restraint, in my opinion.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:40 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I'm not a Lib. I voted for Republican up until W ran for re-election. Libertarian ever since. I just don't like the lack of civility in politics by both of the worthless party hacks. It undermines our republic and it shows a lack of respect. If nothing else, it shows what an ignoramus Major is to think we could negotiate US hostages into an agreement that included 5 other nations.
I am not buying that. One...just one hard question and the entire left has fallen apart. Maher is a typical reaction. Obama is president of the US, he should be able to handle anything, any kind of question from the MSM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies