Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 06:06 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Well maybe if the private sector offered a comfortable living condition like the past, we wouldn't be looking to the government to do something about how difficult it is becoming to make ends meet in the USA.

I agree it's not the governments place to provide much of this stuff to most people. I think it's in the best interest of this nation, however, to have the best quality of life we can - and to foster a private sector which can provide that.
OK, so tell us how many OTHER families YOU pay to take care of to ensure that they have a "comfortable living condition"

Your kind are usually the ones who want OTHERS to pony up their money but, DON'T give their OWN money.

It is proven that dems and liberals in general give LESS in charity then repubs and conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Considering that our government spends about 50% more per year than it has in income, one day the bill will come due and there will be no one to pay it. There is little difference between our country and Greece, just a matter of scale. We need adults in charge that will quit handing out taxpayer dollars and mortgaging our future to buy votes. Not Dems or our current crop of Repubs.
I forget who said, "One day you will run out of OTHER people money" or something to that affect.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There is no distinction between public and private sector in our society.

There's a group of oligarchs who "own" the means of production (immorally so under the threat of fine, imprisonment or death).

This small group uses the mirage of a public v private sector to hide the fact that it's the same entity working on behalf of themselves.
Maybe you SHOULD take a recess, take a deep breathe, relax and chill out.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Welfare expenditures are nothing compared our military spending. Moreover, not only do the majority of welfare funds go to the elderly, but most people on welfare are actually working. If you want the government to save money, maybe you should tell companies such as Walmart and McDonald's to raise wages. After all, they can afford it with all that corporate welfare they receive.
Bold CLAIMS. Now back them up. ALL of them.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,193 times

This attitude (the pictured parasite is a Brit) is already well ingrained in the US.

For some background, workfare is a British system in which people receiving public benefits must work X hours. The parasite disagrees with this concept, and protests it demanding public benefits with no conditions (welfare).

Old 07-16-2015, 06:21 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Well maybe if the private sector offered a comfortable living condition like the past, we wouldn't be looking to the government to do something about how difficult it is becoming to make ends meet in the USA.

I agree it's not the governments place to provide much of this stuff to most people. I think it's in the best interest of this nation, however, to have the best quality of life we can - and to foster a private sector which can provide that.

You can thank NAFTA, as well as excessive regulations that only benefit the large corporations, because they can absorb the costs associated with them, whereas the little guy can't. You can also thank greedy unions, and their reps who act like they're representing their workers, but really are only seeking to line their own pockets.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's just the largest military on the planet spending money hand over fist, waging wars in multiple nations at once and maintaining military bases in damn near every nation on earth.

I always hear the same thing...

Yes, that is the problem as well. We shouldn't be playing the world cop, and meddling in the affairs of other nations, unless there is a direct threat to our shores, or our sovereignty.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:40 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
I wish Republicans would learn all of something else adds up. "A tax cut here, a tax cut there, corporate welfare here, corporate welfare there..."

Old 07-16-2015, 06:41 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
The only way to get rid of parasites is to cut off their food source.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I wish Republicans would learn all of something else adds up. "A tax cut here, a tax cut there, corporate welfare here, corporate welfare there..."
I know , we hear it ALL the time.

I wish dems would learn we do NOT have a revenue problem. We have a SPENDING problem.

Hint, you can ONLY reduce taxes for people who ACTUALLY pay them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies