Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 06:41 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
They are in some areas of Virginia and in New England.

I have one, mostly to signify my British heritage.
That and a flag of England (St. George's Cross)
You mean you hatred of Americans. We're on to you and your "heritage."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 07:56 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
The official flag of the State of Hawaiʻi (and former Kingdom of Hawaiʻi) incorporates the British flag. Moreover, some folks in Hawaiʻi seem to prefer it (or at least consider it equal) to the U.S. flag.
Hawaii Tribune-Herald -- UH Hilo to fly US, Hawaiʻi flag at equal heights
The US flag and the flags of states and territories fly at equal heights to symbolize the shared sovereignty. We are union of sovereign states.

That said, I have never seen a British flag flying anywhere in the US except for at the British Embassy in Washington DC. At any rate, it's a bit different than the Mexican flag ... many Americans have an affinity for the UK due to their heritage and historical ties across the sea. A significant percentage of Americans of British Isles (British or Irish) heritage.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:14 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
You do realize Mick Jagger has a Knighthood conferred by The Queen of England.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
My family has British ancestry (we refrain from calling it "heritage") and certainly don't go waving the flag around. It wouldn't make any sense.

Now, some of my luggage speaks a different language... they usually "host" flags of nations they happen to visit with me.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Screw the leftist PC crowd and their bigotry towards Southern white people. If someone wants to fly the confederate flag, they should do so.

Do not respect those people. Ignore them, or call them out for their bigotry towards Southern white people, or whoever they are demonstrating their bigotry towards, such as perhaps Christians, which is another group they routinely demonstrate bigotry towards.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:58 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,705 times
White Christians are truly an oppressed minority group in America, with a long, long, long documented history of abuse by both the government and private citizens. There are barely any left, and they struggle to this day.

Get over yourself. You wanna fly the flat do so, get it tattooed on your forehead for all I care, in fact, I'd love it, mark yourself, let everyone know who you are and what you stand for, do the world a favor, but flying it on state grounds? No.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:00 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You do realize Mick Jagger has a Knighthood conferred by The Queen of England.
Yeah, AFTER he complained about the parking tickets!

Old 08-04-2015, 03:34 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,664 times
For me the Confederate flag is as much American as the Stars and stripes, yes I am a European but I know the history of the US. The battle flag evolved out of the South hating to be dominated by a different and increasingly industrialised and racially different North. I would say the South had closer historical and racial( IE British Isles) connections with the original revolutionaries.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:48 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
It's your right to fly whatever flag you choose on your personal property. I saw a Black Panther flag on a house when I was driving the other day. I find that flag offensive, but hey it's the right of the owner to fly it if he/she wants.

IMO, no flags but the US and State flags should be flown on Government or public buildings because they could offend someone. Is that such a hard concept?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:04 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,664 times
There is a Witch hunt against the Confederate flag and some were even trying to drag in the St Andrews Flag of Scotland into it, but many disgusting things were done in the name of the Star spangled banner that the North cannot get all Lordy over the South. The South should tell the North to **** off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies