Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And what many southern haters refuse to accept is that the NORTH was well into slavery themselves.
Waaaaaa...they did it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 06:13 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What "heritage?"

So if I move to Alabama tomorrow (due to a fresh bout of insanity), then the Confederate Flag becomes part of my heritage?

Lol...stop it.
Strange, I always thought heritage was more than where you move to. I always thought it was more of what your family is derived from. I don't think moving to Alabama will make you a Confederate. I don't think it would be a good fit for you anyway...But, I will start looking for real estate for you on my next trip through Mobile if you like.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:20 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alandros View Post
I'm sorry but you can't split the Confederates from what the "Union" did to the Natives.... both the North and the South own that since they were of the same Union when those things were done. In fact most of the support against some of the acts towards the Native Americans (such as the Cherokee) was centered in the North in New England.
In fact I can split out the Confederates from what the union did. At the time the atrocities against the American Indians, the CSA didn't exist. It was ALL the union army.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I personally would never fly the Confederate flag, as my family has been northerners since they arrived in "the US" in 1632. My oldest son, who is a country music fan, wanted a Confederate flag to hang in his college dorm when he was a freshman. After a little discussion, he agreed not to do so. The rebel flag is not a part of our heritage (quite the opposite), thus my opposition.

However, liberals never seem to mind Mexicans illegals in the US flying the Mexican flag (keep in mind we were in a war with them in the past as well).

Further many liberals carried North Vietnamese flags when "protesting" the Vietnam war.

Former Confederates helped build the nation. How much did Mexico or the VC /NVA ever do for America?
Wake me up when the Mexican or Vietnamese flag is flying over state capitols, sanctioned by the state legislatures.

Deal?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:10 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Wake me up when the Mexican or Vietnamese flag is flying over state capitols, sanctioned by the state legislatures.

Deal?

Are you awake now?

Mexican flag raised at Maywood, CA post office - Democratic Underground

Old 07-20-2015, 06:15 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
WRONG

The Truth About Che Guevara | World Affairs Journal

Lefties love Che, Lenin, Mao and Pol Pot who were the world's greatest mass murderers.

If killing millions and millions is perfectly fine for the left, why does one quibble and fuss over the Confederacy, who were represented by educated Americans who pined for states rights?

Answer- liberals LOVE central government and the suppression of rights by a strong central authority. A few million lives are nothing when the objectives of the state are at stake!

Libs- Read "Animal Farm", "1984", and "Farenheit 451". You are on the side of evil, suppression of individual liberties, and the tyranny of the state.

Simply take a look at the parallels of the Taliban and ISIS vs the American Liberal- both are hell bent on imposing thier views on the populace, destroying historical icons, and suppressing dissenting views. Fascists come from all stripes. Calling oneself "liberal" does not immediately confer one wed to the prospects of liberty. In fact, the opposite is true.

Liberalism = Fascism

Hey now... Animal Farm was one of my favorite books to read, but by no means am I liberal.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:21 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
Quote:
Lefties love Che, Lenin, Mao and Pol Pot who were the world's greatest mass murderers.
Hawkeye2009's tagline: "There is no excuse for ignorance"

Mick

Old 07-20-2015, 07:04 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Che personally killed about 10 people and had another 55 executed in prison. Where are you getting your info? 20,000 people were killed during the revolution and many more were tortured in the fight to rid their country of the Batista dictatorship. Batista was the mass murderer.

Gee...is that all?

His death toll exceeds Manson, Berkowitz, and Roofe.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Default Desperation...

Quote:

False alarm. I'm going back for a snooze.

From your 2006 link:

"these illegal aliens and their supporters have gone too far. They took down the US flag, raised a Mexican flag in its place, then threw rocks and bottles at the police as they tried to take the Mexican flag down."

Man, you really went to the ends of the earth to find that. And it doesn't even apply. Illegals putting a flag up at a post office in a protest =/= state sponsorship of racist symbology. Not even close. But I imagine you spent quite a bit of time looking for that weak deflection.

It's over.

The rebel states have to rejoin America. Wannabe Johnny Rebs in those states cans till hold out, though.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Hawkeye2009's tagline: "There is no excuse for ignorance"

Mick
There are no words. Just the sound of the irony meter exploding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies