Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 08:45 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
There are actually proposed common sense gun laws that an overwhelming majority of Americans support,....
Back in the 90's here in PA they passed background checks, it's an instantaneous system and cost something like $5. So far so good and I supported it.

Despite the fact of specific language in this legislation that stated the background check could not be used to compile a gun registry database that is exactly what the State Police did. They successfully argued in court since it only included new purchases at licensed dealers it was not a gun registry.

Give an inch and they will take a mile, I'll never support any "common sense" gun legislation again.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was a bearable cost to pay for unlimited guns, it was over.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:54 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was a bearable cost to pay for unlimited guns, it was over.
You mean doping our kids legally through the teachers union education system...mental people will kill you any way they can.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:04 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:

The left does not want debate ... they want guns banned ... and killing innocent citizens is a bearable cost to achieve that goal.

The radical lefts motto ... the end justifies the means

Old 07-24-2015, 09:06 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
What's the real difference between taking what I own and preventing me from buying the same item?
You can buy any gun you want, you just can't buy them in every state.

I thought most people are all about states rights. Isn't that why we choose where to locate?

If I choose to move back to my home state I will have to give up my CCW permit. No big deal I abide by the laws where I choose to live. I guess that's not good enough for some people.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:11 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Don't you want to get to the root cause of the problem ? Wouldn't you like to see these things stop or just want a feel good band aid that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy ?
Me personally, I would like to see why are these people snapping ? That is the root cause, and the hardest problem to find and fix. Put your focus elsewhere not the firearms, when people snap and want others to be dead they will stop at nothing to accomplish it.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I thought most people are all about states rights. Isn't that why we choose where to locate?
Your individual rights guaranteed by the Constitution trump all government entities. No government whether it's federal, state or local can take them away. What they can do is increase them.

The PA Constitution:

1776 version which predates the US Constitution:
Quote:
That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination, to, and governed by, the civil power.
Enacted 1790 and current:
Quote:
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
Pretty clear, yes? I think this illustrates what the founders intended with the second.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:25 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You can buy any gun you want, you just can't buy them in every state.

If I choose to move back to my home state I will have to give up my CCW permit. No big deal I abide by the laws where I choose to live. I guess that's not good enough for some people.
States rights does not allow states to violate the constitution or the bill of rights.

Unless you want to believe it would be ok for a state to allow slavery again, because of states rights and all.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:37 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
It's OK Mr President. Most of us are very frustrated (and disappointed) at your Presidency.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:45 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Then there is the Democratic anti gun senator form CA.

"California state Sen. Leland Yee (D) was arrested Wednesday at his home in San Francisco and accused of — among many, many other things — offering to procure some seriously illegal weapons. The irony: Yee was one of the driving forces behind some of the toughest gun-control legislation in the country during his tenure in the state Senate."

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone!

Finally a man bites dog story and the propaganda machine orders 55 gallon drums of ink eradicator.

Obama has to reconsider which is his greatest frustration. Perhaps he didn't lie as well and as often as he could have.....though it seemed he never took a break form his pattern of lying and misleading.

Obama is the country's greatest frustration next to that portion of the electorate who voted for him. He will be gone his supporters with the right to vote will still be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies