Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:02 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,498 times

Advertisements

For some time far-left groups that have been given the name "social justice warriors" have been trying to take over society. They are made up of groups claiming to represent equality and social justice, and through the use of bullying and group pressure are slowly taking over the media, the internet and society. Many people consider them a great threat who want to destroy democracy. But while I agree these people are terrible, I am not really concerned about how they keep going more and more out of their way in their attempts to silence everybody who disagrees with them. And in fact, I am actually glad that this is their strategy. Why?

Because it increases support for anti-sjw groups.

See, the biggest hole in the strategy of the sjw and the left is that they subscribe to Goebbels view that people can be made to believe anything as long as you repeat the lie often enough. But this isn’t actually true. Or at least not completely. At some point, the things people are told become so stupid or conflict with their own personal interest so heavily that that they simply don’t fall for the lie. Perhaps they won’t speak out very much because they don’t want the sjw army to attack them, but this isn’t actually the same as falling for the lie.

For a while, the sjw/leftist strategy of making sure people don’t complain through bullying can work, but people can only be pushed so far. At some point, the amount of people that have become resentful towards the sjw/far-left cause will have grown so big and angry that once a backslash finally does happen the sjw won’t be able to effectively fight against it. By using harsh methods like trying to take control of the internet, the media and public services to bully people they don’t like, they merely increase the speed at which this will happen. No matter what they may tell themselves, it isn't actually possible to make opinions illegal. Even when speaking is illegal, people can always think. They are merely too arrogant and stupid to actually understand this.

So just relax, and understand that history is on our side.

Last edited by hakkarin; 07-26-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 PM

Ops I forgot to ask: What do you think will happen once the "sjw collapse" begins? How do you think they will try to defend their power?

Old 07-26-2015, 03:25 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Can you please be more specific. You're being very vague so it is difficult to understand what you are talking about.

I suspect you are referring to things like fighting for the right of a woman to vote, Blacks to sit in the front of the bus, gays to marry, the disabled to have equal access to buildings (ADA), children not being exploited as workers, etc. I don't see that stuff going away. Yes, I understand that some of it happened long ago but I wrote it to illustrate that our society has been moving forward for a while now. Again, the advances for ALL Americans is not going to collapse. BTW, these things have been defended through our Constitution. Have a great day!

Old 07-26-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I suspect you are referring to things like fighting for the right of a woman to vote, Blacks to sit in the front of the bus, gays to marry, the disabled to have equal access to buildings (ADA), children not being exploited as workers, etc.
No, I am referring to crazy feminists who believe that women should have more rights than men and that all men are evil pigs, crazy liberals who believe that racism is only bad if involves whites hating on non-whites, people that think that it's ok for society to be flooded with immigrants, and other similar nuts.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
For some time far-left groups that have been given the name "social justice warriors" have been trying to take over society. They are made up of groups claiming to represent equality and social justice, and through the use of bullying and group pressure are slowly taking over the media, the internet and society. Many people consider them a great threat who want to destroy democracy. But while I agree these people are terrible, I am not really concerned about how they keep going more and more out of their way in their attempts to silence everybody who disagrees with them. And in fact, I am actually glad that this is their strategy. Why?

See, the biggest hole in the strategy of the sjw and the left is that they subscribe to Goebbels view that people can be made to believe anything as long as you repeat the lie often enough. But this isn’t actually true. Or at least not completely. At some point, the things people are told become so stupid or conflict with their own personal interest so heavily that that they simply don’t fall for the lie. Perhaps they won’t speak out very much because they don’t want the sjw army to attack them, but this isn’t actually the same as falling for the lie.

For a while, the sjw/leftist strategy of making sure people don’t complain through bullying can work, but people can only be pushed so far. At some point, the amount of people that have become resentful towards the sjw/far-left cause will have grown so big and angry that once a backslash finally does happen the sjw won’t be able to effectively fight against it. By using harsh methods like trying to take control of the internet, the media and public services to bully people they don’t like, they merely increase the speed at which this will happen. No matter what they may tell themselves, it isn't actually possible to make opinions illegal. Even when speaking is illegal, people can always think. They are merely too arrogant and stupid to actually understand this.

What ARE you babbling about?

Quote:
No, I am referring to crazy feminists who believe that women should have more rights than men and that all men are evil pigs, crazy liberals who believe that racism is only bad if involves whites hating on non-whites, people that think that it's ok for society to be flooded with immigrants, and other similar nuts.
Thanks for the clarification. You dislike women, liberals, immigrants, and anyone that doesn't hate the same people you do.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:55 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:

I've always found this a rather comical stance. The largest 'Media' used for the purpose of reporting news is Fox by a longshot (when using Ratings as a basis), it would be hard to contend they are pushing any sort of 'liberal' 'agenda'. And for those who are younger than their general demographic, they tend to get their 'Media' from the internet where you can choose what you want to see.
Quote:

I'm not even sure how they've taken control over anything? If anything the internet has allowed a large and more diverse media base.

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here, it's a good thing that society has progressed at the rate it has. You should be happy that a lot of our social issues such as Gay Marriage, Women's rights etc. are finally getting what they deserve.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:56 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
We got marriage for all and we got rid of the Confederate Flag in South Carolina. I'd say we're on a roll.

Next up: Rational gun control laws.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:40 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We got marriage for all and we got rid of the Confederate Flag in South Carolina. I'd say we're on a roll.

Next up: Rational gun control laws.
Funniest thing I've heard all week. You and your little tin god will continue to remain highly frustrated on this issue.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:01 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Ops I forgot to ask: What do you think will happen once the "sjw collapse" begins? How do you think they will try to defend their power?
I don't don't thing a big collapse is necessarily coming. What we see is continuous triangulation of views. People say, "I'm not one of those crazy SJW types, but I'm no racist/sexist/homophobe/whatever." And they end up farther to the left. This has been happening for a long time and there is no end in sight.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Let's talk about being a "SJW" here: the Tea Party has the position that illegal aliens all need to be deported, that kind of social justice I can def get behind. Social justice for Americans who are being undercut by greedy employers AND illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies