Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 05:48 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I don't don't thing a big collapse is necessarily coming. What we see is continuous triangulation of views. People say, "I'm not one of those crazy SJW types, but I'm no racist/sexist/homophobe/whatever." And they end up farther to the left. This has been happening for a long time and there is no end in sight.
I should probably point out that I live in Iceland and not in the US. The reason this matters is that Iceland is much further ahead of the US in terms of social issues. We have already had things like gay marriage and even adoption for a long time. And yet, in spite of being more socially liberal in this regard compared to the US there is NOTHING that suggests that the so called social liberals or feminists are even remotely happy.

They also continue to expand their power. Recently it was decided that gay right activist group "organization 78" should be allowed to send it's representatives to public schools in order to "educate" children about homosexuality and "how gays should be treated". I fail to see how this is any different from churches sending priests to school, but since liberals control the education system they get away with this ****.

And our feminists...oh god.

I just don't see it how these people will possibly be able to convert people to their views even with all of the control they have. I don't doubt that the groups they claim to be "protecting" such as minorities and perhaps even plenty of women might end up buying into their nonsense simply out of sheer greed since lots of people don't mind getting special rights for themselves. But those special rights have to come at the expense of somebody else, and those somebody else aren't going to just suddenly accept that. If anything, hatred and social tension will only get higher and higher with time. Hence why I claimed that at some point people just won't accept the crap anymore and will start supporting anti-sjw groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:36 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
No, I am referring to crazy feminists who believe that women should have more rights than men and that all men are evil pigs, crazy liberals who believe that racism is only bad if involves whites hating on non-whites, people that think that it's ok for society to be flooded with immigrants, and other similar nuts.
Again, can you please be more specific. For example, you could maybe say, "I don't like women asking for longer paid maternity leave when men don't have the same option." As for racism, can you cite on example of this happening. I suspect you are mixing up what is and what isn't racism. Not sure what you are talking about in regards to immigrants. We are a nation of immigrants. Can you also cite examples of this. Thanks!

Old 07-26-2015, 07:03 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
No, I am referring to crazy feminists who believe that women should have more rights than men and that all men are evil pigs, crazy liberals who believe that racism is only bad if involves whites hating on non-whites, people that think that it's ok for society to be flooded with immigrants, and other similar nuts.
Aside from your hysterical mischaracterization of the desires and motives of your so-called "social justice warrior" considering that they been at it for over 200 years - remember those Founding Father guys - the pace of history has always been on their side. Yes there have been those momentary periods of backsliding but the social evolution of mankind is pretty inextricably forward moving. Sorry.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:20 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We got marriage for all and we got rid of the Confederate Flag in South Carolina. I'd say we're on a roll.

Next up: Rational gun control laws.
I do believe I have to agree with you.
An old Virginia Battle Flag killed a bunch of people in a Church basement & the Social Justice Warriors got rid of that flag and are attempting to even dig up bodies that have been buried for 150 years - I think that is a WIN. College kids are being kicked out of Universities because of a song they sing or a totally false Rape charge - we have to put that in the WIN column for the SJW. University Professors and Students are being expelled from Colleges and Universities due to Secret "code words" that are now called "MicroAgression". Lives destroyed. That a BIG WIN for the Social Justice Warriors.

And the rest of the country Sleeps.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
I should probably point out that I live in Iceland and not in the US. The reason this matters is that Iceland is much further ahead of the US in terms of social issues. We have already had things like gay marriage and even adoption for a long time. And yet, in spite of being more socially liberal in this regard compared to the US there is NOTHING that suggests that the so called social liberals or feminists are even remotely happy.
That's the really interesting aspect of it. Nobody on the left is ever satisfied with victories won and power gained. There is always another outrage and a new round of reforms necessary to fix it. Who knows how far it will go.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
We are a nation of immigrants.
Well perhaps you are, but we aren't. Not in the traditional sense anyway, since the country was originally settled like a thousand years ago instead of only 300 or so. We are not multicultural like the US is, and neither is most of Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That's the really interesting aspect of it. Nobody on the left is ever satisfied with victories won and power gained. There is always another outrage and a new round of reforms necessary to fix it. Who knows how far it will go.
It will go as far as is needed to push people over the edge and make them do something.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:24 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Aside from your hysterical mischaracterization of the desires and motives of your so-called "social justice warrior" considering that they been at it for over 200 years - remember those Founding Father guys - the pace of history has always been on their side. Yes there have been those momentary periods of backsliding but the social evolution of mankind is pretty inextricably forward moving. Sorry.
Yep , and it's that forward movement that seems to have the OP all upset. He would rather things stayed the way they were, back in the good old days when women and minorites weren't so uppity and knew their place. It's sad when people believe that the only way to stay on top is to keep other people down, which is all this diatribe is about. White men are being challenged at the top of the food chain, and some of them--not all, surely, but some like the OP--do not want to share any of the privileges they've grown accustomed to having all to themselves.

BTW, OP, I think the term you wanted to describe those pesky women who think they're as good as men is Feminazi. Other than that little slip, Rush would be very proud of your little rants against progress.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep , and it's that forward movement that seems to have the OP all upset. He would rather things stayed the way they were, back in the good old days when women and minorites weren't so uppity and knew their place. It's sad when people believe that the only way to stay on top is to keep other people down, which is all this diatribe is about. White men are being challenged at the top of the food chain, and some of them--not all, surely, but some like the OP--do not want to share any of the privileges they've grown accustomed to having all to themselves.

BTW, OP, I think the term you wanted to describe those pesky women who think they're as good as men is Feminazi. Other than that little slip, Rush would be very proud of your little rants against progress.
You really need to get laid....

Old 07-26-2015, 08:36 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Well perhaps you are, but we aren't. Not in the traditional sense anyway, since the country was originally settled like a thousand years ago instead of only 300 or so. We are not multicultural like the US is, and neither is most of Europe.

It will go as far as is needed to push people over the edge and make them do something.
I did not realize that you lived in Iceland. I presume you are American. You sound very right wing conservative American to me. I am not aware of Iceland having immigration issues? You are not part of the EU so Polish people or others from poorer member states are not flooding Iceland looking for jobs. Anyway, I'm not sure what you complaints are about. Again for the third time, be specific. Thanks!!!

Wait, you did give one specific example about teaching school children that being gay is okay. Sorry, I don't understand the issue??? It is okay. We should be respectful to each other. Anything else?

Old 07-27-2015, 08:47 AM

188 posts, read 193,132 times
"social justice warrior" is such an embarrassing attitude / name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies