Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 11:50 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times

Advertisements

On whose behalf is he speaking....other than his own?

Obama Pledges To Do More To Stop The 'Epidemic Of Gun Violence'

I hear what equals an adult's voice from a Charlie Brown cartoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 12:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

Governments job, is to disarm those that do not consent to be governed.

Guess where we are in the project and what the profit of a job well done is....

Govern = to control... Government = organized crime, to control the people.

Control of people. They have way overstepped the boundaries of just how much control we gave them in the first place.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:22 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,036 times
No matter what policies are put into place (short of complete confiscation) they are not going to stop gun violence in this country. You can have back rounds checks of all types, but those who want a gun can get a gun. All of Obama's E/O's are not going to stop this problem, it is nothing but political grandstanding.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:57 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:

I heard he referred to himself over 75 times in the speech.
He loves to talk about himself.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:13 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
No matter what policies are put into place (short of complete confiscation) they are not going to stop gun violence in this country. You can have back rounds checks of all types, but those who want a gun can get a gun. All of Obama's E/O's are not going to stop this problem, it is nothing but political grandstanding.
I guarantee two things would slow the flow of guns into the black market. Mandatory insurance for every gun you own and fines for "lost" and "stolen" guns.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:

What is he going to do to address the epidemic of his failed policies?

Old 01-07-2016, 02:35 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Every time Obama opens his mouth, he makes things worse. In my state, you try to buy a gun and wait for the BC. After three days, you have not heard back you can buy the gun. (before, the BCs were taking a few minutes, now many don't get back in the three days)
Then you take the CCW class and the BC for that. After 45 days, if it doesn't come back, you get the permit. ( before, they were taking a week, now many don't come back in time)
They had to put a time limit on it to keep a president from cutting off the funding and stopping all BCs.

So now, a few people who shouldn't will get a gun and a CCW.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I guarantee two things would slow the flow of guns into the black market. Mandatory insurance for every gun you own and fines for "lost" and "stolen" guns.

Get this.... Government created a black market where one never existed before.

Get this again. There is a black market for our right. One we told government at the beginning, you will not tell us what arms we make, distribute, carry or keep, so that we may organize against you when you get to big for your britches.

Which means there was to never have to be a black market for illegal guns. Only government makes things illegal and we told government our arms were off limits to their scrutiny.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:41 PM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Ya sure. How does the "GUBMINT" find out who have weapons with no serial number? Door kickers nazi style?

Criminals file off serial numbers for a reason. Probably a third of all weapons have no serial number so there is nothing to track to fine.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Every time Obama opens his mouth, he makes things worse. In my state, you try to buy a gun and wait for the BC. After three days, you have not heard back you can buy the gun. (before, the BCs were taking a few minutes, now many don't get back in the three days)
Then you take the CCW class and the BC for that. After 45 days, if it doesn't come back, you get the permit. ( before, they were taking a week, now many don't come back in time)
They had to put a time limit on it to keep a president from cutting off the funding and stopping all BCs.

So now, a few people who shouldn't will get a gun and a CCW.

That is just it. The government is not to have a say in who can keep and bear arms, unless they are behind bars incarcerated, or of coarse dead.
It does not say, the right of non-felons or the right of those previously incarcerated.
Define people, for us. I see no clause after shall not be infringed.
Dang people,! It is one sentence only the ignorant would be confused about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies