Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 02:52 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So are you admitting they ARE selling organs? Thats the only other option...

News flash for you... I don't care whether they are selling organs or not. The alternative is the organs going into the trash. I would rather see them be used for research to help people who are already here.

The big hoo haa is them now claiming they arent doing something that clearly they are. If they had come out and claimed that yes, they do it in order to help the disabled etc it would be a different discussion taking place.

Its the LYING thats in question..

PP has stated they have proof the money is to cover legitimate costs. As a conservative I'm sure you're not against organizations charging money to cover their costs. Or would you rather they pay the costs out of their own funds and reduce the services they offer?

I have yet to hear how not giving money to welfare "leaches" forces them to have babies..

Are you saying welfare limits their ability to reproduce? Clearly thats not true, or they wouldnt need abortions..
I see you're against universal health care too. It costs about $10K for a normal delivery and $15K for a C-section. If there's complications, the sky's the limit. So if someone who has no health insurance and wants to get an abortion can't because of anti-abortion shenanigans, who should pay for their prenatal care and medical treatment? Surely since you care so much for those aborted fetuses you must be willing to open your pocketbook to pay for them to be born, right? Or are you a hypocrite like most conservative pro-lifers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 02:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
I see you're against universal health care too. It costs about $10K for a normal delivery and $15K for a C-section. If there's complications, the sky's the limit. So if someone who has no health insurance and wants to get an abortion can't because of anti-abortion shenanigans, who should pay for their prenatal care and medical treatment? Surely since you care so much for those aborted fetuses you must be willing to open your pocketbook to pay for them to be born, right? Or are you a hypocrite like most conservative pro-lifers?
All you did was JUSTIFY the sale, which PP is claiming THEY ARENT DOING..

I'm still trying ot hear how one buys a Lamborghini from a transaction with NO profits....

Old 07-30-2015, 02:58 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Let me begin by saying that I have never been pro- or anti-Planned Parenthood.

But the hype that the pro-lifers have used for decades now, including at least the murder of 6 abortion doctors; at least 7 attempted murders, assaults, kidnappings; at least 19 arsons or bombings, makes me:

1. Take anything you say with a huge grain of salt;
2. Make me doubt that you value life;
3. Make me not trust you.

I'm not in favor of all that Planned Parenthood has become involved in, either historically or currently, either.

But, pro-lifers -- I just don't trust you folks anymore. And that is based on YOUR record.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Let me begin by saying that I have never been pro- or anti-Planned Parenthood.

But the hype that the pro-lifers have used for decades now, including at least the murder of 6 abortion doctors; at least 7 attempted murders, assaults, kidnappings; at least 19 arsons or bombings, makes me:

1. Take anything you say with a huge grain of salt;
2. Make me doubt that you value life;
3. Make me not trust you.

I'm not in favor of all that Planned Parenthood has become involved in, either historically or currently, either.

But, pro-lifers -- I just don't trust you folks anymore. And that is based on YOUR record.
Your response would hold some type of value if pro lifers applauded the actions taken place by a handful of individuals.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:01 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
"usually you can see a whole brain come out". wth. And they keep claiming it's not a life? Talks of stomachs "it's a boy" and they claim it's just a glob of cells? What in the he'll are we doing where this is allowed? This is horrifically sick.
'They' have known all along that it is a baby, and not "a clump of cells." How anyone is able to 'buy' that lie is beyond my comprehension. You have to be pretty darned ignorant to actually believe that.

These people at PP are evil. They are baby killers, period. And they know damn well that's what they are.

There is no difference between what these people do, and what ISIS does to people. They are both animals. They are both sub-human.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:05 PM

335 posts, read 376,692 times
Wow what a bunch of evil people. We as tax payers should be out raged. Picket plan parent hood. If I ever see the Doctor I would ................

Old 07-30-2015, 03:12 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Full transcript available from link.
Oh no, somebody made a joke about wanting a Lambo, quick take away health care from poor women across the country!

If the doctor really cared about having a nice car she'd probably start by, I dunno, working anywhere but a non-profit.

Edit: The notion that someone speaking privately is going to be raked over the coals for having the wrong tone is, frankly, sickening and disturbing. This is not a public personality speaking in public, this is a worker at a non-profit having a private conversation about legal activities which are critical to medical research.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:17 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
New Planned Parenthood video: More price haggling, admissions of procedure changes for harvesting « Hot Air

Really disturbing. Support abortion or not how on earth can anyone with a conscience or morals support what they're doing here? This is so awful
"Oh look, another boy" she teeters with glee, as they sift thru the platter of mutilated body parts.

Need I say more?

Old 07-30-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Oh no, somebody made a joke about wanting a Lambo, quick take away health care from poor women across the country!

If the doctor really cared about having a nice car she'd probably start by, I dunno, working anywhere but a non-profit.

Edit: The notion that someone speaking privately is going to be raked over the coals for having the wrong tone is, frankly, sickening and disturbing. This is not a public personality speaking in public, this is a worker at a non-profit having a private conversation about legal activities which are critical to medical research.
Considering PP claims that abortion does not subsidize health care procedures, then limiting abortion would NOT take health care away from poor women..

Its a liberal response FAILURE..

fear mongering, or a lie.. Not sure whic

Old 07-30-2015, 03:23 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Considering PP claims that abortion does not subsidize health care procedures, then limiting abortion would NOT take health care away from poor women..

Its a liberal response FAILURE..

fear mongering, or a lie.. Not sure whic
What point are you trying to make? We're talking about a situation where PP is defunded, which is what numerous right-wing politicians are calling for. Abortions can't specifically be defunded, because the government is already specifically not funding abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies