Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 04:06 PM

624 posts, read 379,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Sanger is dead, has been dead for many, many decades. lots of prominent folks at the time were racist including Alexander G. Bell, Kellogg and Ford.

women, including black women are not stupid. we know what abortion.
Are you saying that if she was alive you'd have a different position?

Yet her legacy lives on... doing exactly what she intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 04:11 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
Are you saying that if she was alive you'd have a different position?

Yet her legacy lives on... doing exactly what she intended.
I would support Sanger's views on BC not her racist views. I am pro choice.

as I said women are not stupid, that includes black women. we have choice and we exercise that choice according to our own values.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:30 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
This is a political issue, plain and simple. Defunding planned parenthood is terrible economics, although it makes for nice politics for the right wing loons. If planned parenthood were to close then abortions would go up. That's just one downside. 80% of what planned parenthood provide is not abortions either, but contraception, pap smears, cancer screenings etc. There are entire regions of this country where woman don't have access to the provision of these things but through planned parenthood. If they close then the government would have to take over and costs would be far more expensive.

Studies show that for every dollar spent on contraception at least 4 more are saved in the long run. This holds true for all countries. The videos are nice in terms of proppganda for the anti parenthood types, but sound economics is lost on them.
You can repeat the Planned Parenthood propaganda as many times as you like. It doesn't alter the real fact that all of this stuff is readily available from other sources and that PP is the number one baby butcher in the country. All you are doing is showing that you are a leftist automaton.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
You can repeat the Planned Parenthood propaganda as many times as you like. It doesn't alter the real fact that all of this stuff is readily available from other sources and that PP is the number one baby butcher in the country. All you are doing is showing that you are a leftist automaton.
And? If Planned parenthood couldn't provide them? Would those abortions suddenly not happen? PP provides about half of them throughout the country. I assure you the number of abortions would probably stay the same or rise-being provided by our capitalistic society in a rather rapid fashion I suspect, and the number of children born to people who didn't want them would certainly rise, as would STD's.

So basically you are all for forcing women to undergo pregnancy like some third world country then? I mean look around, the vast majority of places where its illegal is in 3rd world countries.

Ireland is one of the few developed nations that bans it...lets check in on that:
Ireland's abortion law tortures women. It needs to be legal | Jessica Valenti | Comment is free | The Guardian

A pregnant, suicidal rape victim fought Ireland's new abortion law. The law won | Jessica Valenti | Comment is free | The Guardian

Hmmm...... Well doesn't that sound like a bunch of awesome.

For real fun the UN considers a ban on abortion a form of abuse and torture:
http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBod...53_English.pdf

pages 10-11

Its not "leftist automation" to look at facts, and where the laws are different, why the vast majority of developed nations allow it, and say "Hmmm maybe banning it would end badly"

Old 08-03-2015, 04:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I am not ignorant of history. You turned what I said into something else entirely. My only argument was that if the PP clinics went away, people would still be able to get affordable contraception and the rate of abortions would not rise due to that. You seem fond of implying things that aren't there and making assumptions based on limited information. It seems to be a pattern when replying to me at least. I'm pro-choice, by the way.
Apparently you are ignorant of hostory. Tell me, how did it go after PP funding was cut in Texas?

you know...facts, reality, history.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:59 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently you are ignorant of hostory. Tell me, how did it go after PP funding was cut in Texas?

you know...facts, reality, history.
That is a different topic and since I don't live in Texas, I have no idea about what happened there. Maybe you'd like to tell us what happened. As far as I know, The PP clinics remain open in Texas.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:25 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And you certainly should not support such an organization.

However, this thread is about Planned Parenthood, not some fictional organization that exists only in your head.

What part of the video was "fictional"?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:44 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
If Planned Parenthood goes away, we are simply going to the European model. Abortion pills. Some regulated, for use in a medical facility, and others via mail order from whatever source, domestic or foreign. About 2 million abortions take place by using pills in Europe now.

At least with Planned Parenthood, they have to follow state restrictions imposed in compliance with Roe v. Wade. Abortion pills would be a free for all, no regulations. Moreover, you won't be able to intimidate and shame mothers and abortion providers any more. There will be nothing you can do to stop it. Maybe there will be late term abortions. Is that what you want? Whatever.

Mick

Regulations?

In the latest video, Ginde discussed the possibility of Planned Parenthood providing fetal organs and tissues for reasons other than research.
"I know putting it under the research gives us a little bit of a, a little sort of a overhang over the whole thing," Ginde says. "And in public I think it makes a lot more sense for it to be in the research vein, than I'd say, business venture."
Ginde said all Planned Parenthood clinics communicate to handle fetus organs and tissue uniformly to protect themselves legally.
"We have to know who else is doing this," she said. "Because if you have someone in a really anti state that's going to be doing this for you, they're probably going to get caught."

Fourth Planned Parenthood video released - CNNPolitics.com

Old 08-04-2015, 12:35 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I would support Sanger's views on BC not her racist views. I am pro choice.

as I said women are not stupid, that includes black women. we have choice and we exercise that choice according to our own values.
"...according to our own values".....60% of all the black pregnancies in the city of new york were aborted....some values

Old 08-04-2015, 01:10 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I thought Obamacare fixed this. Why is PP the only place to get contraceptives? They're readily available practically everywhere and most people qualify for FREE birth control through the ACA:

"If you have Medicaid, an employer plan, or an individual or family plan sold after 2010 at least one type of birth control from 18 FDA approved categories is covered for free (at no out-of-pocket cost sharing before your deductible)."
Oh yes, good old ACA. I know several women who got thrown into medicaid. I even know one who's parents wanted to pay for her insurance, didn't work. I guess she should have lied about how much she made. Anyway, it's rather difficult to find a doctor who takes Medicaid. In our county, medicaid women have to go to the county hospital. I wouldn't send my dog there .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies