Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 07:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It really is sad, because I've been throughout the state of Florida (minus the panhandle) many times growing up, and it is a beautiful state, and a great place to visit. I wouldn't mind one day being a "snowbird" but that is way down the road. But yeah, some crazy s*** does happen down there! Then again, you could make the case that every state has its negative aspects.
Yes, strange stuff happens here, but if you live here permanently you learn to be suspicious of everything. Those who are not, can become victims, which is why tourists and the newly arrived are targeted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 07:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you know what "conjecture" means?

They say "the scum settles on the bottom" when they talk about Florida. Florida has always been the scam capital of US, because there are a lot of easy victims down here from millions of tourists to aging retirees and immigrants all of whom are new to the area. The scam-artists of the nation are drawn to it like bees to honey. SE Florida, the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area happens to be the most populous area, so it is no surprise most of the stuff happens there.
Actually, Miami has the 10th largest population of 65 and older at 15%.

Scottsdale is #1 at 20%.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:16 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Retirees not so common in Miami or Miami Beach. Moved slightly North and West to escape Hispanics. Plenty of NJ, NYC, LI retirees in Broward County and from all over in Ft. Myers[west coast] which is a 2hr drive from the western part of the County.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:03 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
Florida loves fraud so much they've elected one of the biggest Medicare fraudsters, Rick Scott, to the governorship not once but twice.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, strange stuff happens here, but if you live here permanently you learn to be suspicious of everything. Those who are not, can become victims, which is why tourists and the newly arrived are targeted.
Well actually where I live- teaches you
from a very young age to be suspicious of
everything & everybody....
I've seen some crazy stuff in my lifetime &
it taught me to trust no one....

And I'm nowhere near Florida lol
But yes Florida's scams & weird news
always makes ya wonder......

Old 07-31-2015, 08:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Actually, Miami has the 10th largest population of 65 and older at 15%.

Scottsdale is #1 at 20%.
There aren't many in Miami itself, but there are plenty in the area, especially West Palm Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies