Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 06:55 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times

Advertisements

Living and driving in Chicago, I am very careful to avoid bad neighborhoods where shootings are reported but sometimes you end up in one and just have to drive through.

So anyway, I was stuck at a red light and did my usual which is to leave a good distance between the car in front in case of rear ending. Well, this young black man decided to cross the street and walked in that space. I glanced at him when he first walked in front of my car and he looked at this old white lady with the most intense hatred I have ever seen on a person's face. From the moment he stepped in front of my car until he had to go into the next lane of traffic, he stared at me with that look. I just couldn't take my eyes off of him and was literally dumbfounded.

It was honestly terrible and I have never experienced a look like that from anyone in my 70 yrs on this earth.

My first thought was, the race baiters are winning, they have succeeded and will not be happy until every one hates each other.

This happened weeks ago and I still get chills when I remember it. Has anybody else noticed or felt the hatred in real life aside from the internet?

Old 08-02-2015, 07:02 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
How do you know that person was not simply really crazy? There are a lot of crazy people in big cities. Don't white people on this forum condemn black folks for assuming race was the cause of something? The reverse of that should also apply. Now, if threw racial epithets at you and the old lady, fair enough.

Mick

Old 08-02-2015, 08:20 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,828 times
I lived in Mississippi briefly back in 2000 when my husband did some work out there. There was still a lot of racism out there between the blacks and whites, and I was in a predominantly black town. I would walk into somewhere like McDonald's and see a lot of people turn to look at me like I didn't belong there, and the animosity shown toward me made me very uncomfortable. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I went to Charleston, SC shortly after the nutcase shot up the black church. I was worried that I would be treated the same way as I had in Mississippi due to the way white people could have been perceived at that point. However, every black person I encountered while there was VERY courteous to me, very friendly, etc. I was very impressed. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can't judge anybody until you see how they personally react to you. With the guy who walked in front of your car, it does sound like he doesn't like white people. I'm sure it was very disconcerting. I would just try to put it out of your mind and move on. Since that happened, you've probably encountered numerous black people who have been very nice to you.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:30 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,894,423 times
you know you can get conceal carry permit now in Chicago, don't ya?

Old 08-02-2015, 08:50 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Obama has destroyed all of the racial progress made since the 60s. I too have noticed more racial tension than ever.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:54 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,894,423 times
Why Obama and not Fergusson police chief?

Old 08-02-2015, 09:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Living and driving in Chicago, I am very careful to avoid bad neighborhoods where shootings are reported but sometimes you end up in one and just have to drive through.

So anyway, I was stuck at a red light and did my usual which is to leave a good distance between the car in front in case of rear ending. Well, this young black man decided to cross the street and walked in that space. I glanced at him when he first walked in front of my car and he looked at this old white lady with the most intense hatred I have ever seen on a person's face. From the moment he stepped in front of my car until he had to go into the next lane of traffic, he stared at me with that look. I just couldn't take my eyes off of him and was literally dumbfounded.

It was honestly terrible and I have never experienced a look like that from anyone in my 70 yrs on this earth.

My first thought was, the race baiters are winning, they have succeeded and will not be happy until every one hates each other.

This happened weeks ago and I still get chills when I remember it. Has anybody else noticed or felt the hatred in real life aside from the internet?
No.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:24 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Do you think he looked like a gang banger (tattoos, etc.)?

You know they don't mess around in parts of Chicago, A.K.A. Chiraq, gangbang city.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:24 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,057,812 times
When I was in high school I went to a summer camp at West Point. The other attendees were all high achieving high school students. There was one guy who had the meanest resting face I had ever seen. People even talked about him behind his back to me about how mean he looked. His lip was raised in a permanent sneer. He was white. He was as sweet as apple pie when you talked to him. Really a very nice guy.

You can't judge anything by how someone looked at you. He may have been making eye contact to be sure you didn't roll into him since you had alot of space in front of you. You don't know anything about that guy, the day he was having or what someone said to him 10 seconds before you saw him. Let it go.

BTW, I make eye contact with drivers all the time because with cell phones and texting unless you do you have no idea if they are going to run you down. I'm sure with the sun in my eyes sometimes I look really angry and mean, especially if it is hot out.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:26 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,019,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
you know you can get conceal carry permit now in Chicago, don't ya?
Having one would do what in this situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies