Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your most hated government entity? CHoose up to 4
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 48 59.26%
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) 2 2.47%
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) 7 8.64%
National Security Agency (NSA) 17 20.99%
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 22 27.16%
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) 13 16.05%
US Military 6 7.41%
Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) 20 24.69%
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) 13 16.05%
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 4 4.94%
Department of Education 23 28.40%
Veterans Affairs administration (VA system) 1 1.23%
Your local DMV/MVA 7 8.64%
Your local county tax assessors office 6 7.41%
Your local or state police 1 1.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:23 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times

Advertisements

IRS for obvious reasons.

I despise the Indiana Department of Revenue even more. At least with the federal dollars I feel like I do get *something* back. With the Indiana income tax, we receive no better services than I got in income tax-free TN. It is confiscatory.

Don't care for the drug war so the DEA is out. It's mostly policing a "crime" that should be treated as a health issue in a sane society, and is designed to keep certain segments of society incarcerated.

I also don't care for blanket federal standards in education. Policies that work in my rich suburban Indiana community do not even really apply to the needs of kids back home in Appalachia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 10:42 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Besides the Department of Education, any other of the agencies up there?

Of course the DMV in any state is notorious for the way its employees act and for the onerous regulations they push. In most DMV offices I have been to, they are staffed with rude, lazy, and incompetent workers on a power trip. Their websites are poorly designed so you never know which documents to bring, and they never answer the phone or put you on hold for more than 20 minutes.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:46 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The IRS is a corrupt and oppressive agency and is often used to do Obama's bidding, as how Obama used it against Dinesh D'Souza because of the books and films Dinesh wrote/produced about Obama.
Do you have proof of this?

You do know that D'Souza was convicted of crimes that did not fall under the jurisdiction of the IRS, right? No, you probably didn't.

Anyway, he PLED GUILTY, so how was he railroaded by Obama?

These were D'Souza's words in court:

Quote:
I knew that causing a campaign contribution to be made in the name of another was wrong and something the law forbids. I deeply regret my conduct.
WAKE UP!

Obama didn't send D'Souza to jail, D'Souza did, and he even admitted it.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:11 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Great idea. Give them what they want. Problem is, they want money from the federal gov. in the form of school vouchers, to teach their kids whatever they choose instead of accepted curriculum.
Make them pay for their own self education, and the whole dialogue changes.
Reduce their taxes proportionally then.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:14 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Great idea. Give them what they want. Problem is, they want money from the federal gov. in the form of school vouchers, to teach their kids whatever they choose instead of accepted curriculum.
The "accepted curriculum" isn't working out so well ...

Quote:
"U.S. millennials, defined as people 16 to 34 years old...

U.S. millennials performed horribly.

That might even be an understatement, given the extent of the American shortcomings. No matter how you sliced the data – by class, by race, by education – young Americans were laggards compared to their international peers. In every subject, U.S. millennials ranked at the bottom or very close to it, according to a new study by testing company ETS.

...But surely America’s brightest were on top?

Nope. U.S. millennials with master’s degrees and doctorates did better than their peers in only three countries, Ireland, Poland and Spain. Those in Finland, Sweden and Japan seemed to be on a different planet.

Top-scoring U.S. millennials – the 90th percentile on the PIAAC test – were at the bottom internationally, ranking higher only than their peers in Spain."
U.S. millennials post 'abysmal' scores in thinking abilities, workplace skills, and technological problem-solving - Washington Post

Old 08-05-2015, 08:15 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
As we glance over that list it is cring worthy how inefficient and possibly corrupt a majority if not all of those agencies are.

Too much fat. Time for America to slim down.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We know Republicans hate" You should speak for yourself and NOT think you know what others think.

You wouldn't look so openly biased.
Some people don't care about looking so openly biased and bigoted.
Whatever...

Old 08-05-2015, 08:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I do not HATE any government agency. HATE is an emotion that clouds my observation and judgment.

I do question our Military Organization and Contractors that lobby for their own profits while lobbying and spewing propaganda designed to keep the money spout open while producing weapons of dubious value even f they were used in the last war. Our Air Force is an egregious example with its assertion that they can watch all the world all the time and assassinate any and all potential threats. The problem is they cook the books so they never run out of targets no matter how many innocents they kill.

I am in favor of a military that actually protects the US but disparage one the exists only to protect Israel and our petroleum investors and various totalitarian governments in the Middle East. None of them are allies or our friends. Most are just sponges unable, with the exception of Israel, able or willing to defend themselves.

If I had my say we would divert a huge amount of our current military spending into repairing our infrastructure and enhancing our national lands.

I would like to reduce the size of the IRS by simplifying the Federal Income Tax system from its current nightmarish complexity and cronyism to:

An Income tax applied to all income from all sources including illegal with a lower limit equal to the 85th percentile. The resulting tax rate would originally be set to pay all current expenses and pay off 5% of the debt.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:51 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I'm not a big fan of children who have the misfortune of growing up in (most) red states being doomed to a life of low wages and menial labor either.
Do you have much sympathy for the ones in California or DC?

How do you feel about school vouchers? Are you another liberal who hates them because you fear some of those poor children from that other neighborhood will be in school with your children if they had the choice?

Old 08-05-2015, 08:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
As we glance over that list it is cring worthy how inefficient and possibly corrupt a majority if not all of those agencies are.

Too much fat. Time for America to slim down.
Actually, most liberals want more fat added.

They practically break out in crying fits when INCREASES are REDUCED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies