Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Maybe because we just supposedly made a deal with him. Generally when you make a deal with someone they don't come out with a book on how to defy, destroy, and or kill you.
Lol...Geez. Big bad Americans. Amazing how you can let some ayatollah jerk your chain when you have the firepower to destroy everything he's ever seen or known about, in one afternoon...tops.

"Ooooooh...the ayatollah wrote a book...I'm so skeered."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 10:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Guess no one should care that we have another fool in the White House making moronic foreign policy decisions, cause that doesn't affect American citizens, now does it.
In this case, not really.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:32 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
You realize that your second paragraph contradicts your first, right?
No, it doesn't because it sure in heck won't happen THAT soon!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:33 AM

624 posts, read 379,177 times
It's one thing to be deceived. It's quite another to be deceived while the deceiver is pretty much telling everyone publicly that they are lying to you.

Imagine:

Mother: "You will stop threatening your sister! She said you were going to hit her with a big stick."

Little Boy: "Sure."

Mother: "I'm going to check your room to see if you have any sticks."

Little Boy: "Okay. Just let me know a week ahead of time before you do it. And you can only look in the closet."

Mother: "Okay."

Little Sis: "But mom... He's lying!"

Mother: "Shush!"

Little Boy: *calls friend on phone* "I totally lied to my mom."

Mother: "I can hear you. I'm right here."

Little Boy: "Dont worry mom. I didn't lie to you." *gets back on phone* "I totally lied to my mom again!"

Old 08-03-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...Geez. Big bad Americans. Amazing how you can let some ayatollah jerk your chain when you have the firepower to destroy everything he's ever seen or known about, in one afternoon...tops.

"Ooooooh...the ayatollah wrote a book...I'm so skeered."
The US can't fight it's way out of a wet paper sack, UNLESS it uses nukes! Haven't won a war since WWII!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
The US can't fight it's way out of a wet paper sack, UNLESS it uses nukes! Haven't won a war since WWII!
So the best thing is to stay out of the fight, eh?

Old 08-03-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
It's one thing to be deceived. It's quite another to be deceived while the deceiver is pretty much telling everyone publicly that they are lying to you.

Imagine:

Mother: "You will stop threatening your sister! She said you were going to hit her with a big stick."

Little Boy: "Sure."

Mother: "I'm going to check your room to see if you have any sticks."

Little Boy: "Okay. Just let me know a week ahead of time before you do it. And you can only look in the closet."

Mother: "Okay."

Little Sis: "But mom... He's lying!"

Mother: "Shush!"

Little Boy: *calls friend on phone* "I totally lied to my mom."

Mother: "I can hear you. I'm right here."

Little Boy: "Dont worry mom. I didn't lie to you." *gets back on phone* "I totally lied to my mom again!"

ROTFL, Exactly!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
The US can't fight it's way out of a wet paper sack, UNLESS it uses nukes!
I won't go that far, but we don't have the capabilities to defeat Iran WITHOUT nukes. We certainly can't beat them in a ground war on their soil...and they aren't coming here to fight.

You thought that Iraq was a handful. Try a nation much larger, more mountainous, with three times the population. You'd BETTER be talking about using tactical nukes if you even dream of winning that war.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So the best thing is to stay out of the fight, eh?
The best thing is to have enough brains, to not make a deal with your enemy, that gives them everything and you nothing!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:40 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Iran is rapidly becoming a secular nation and culture and the ayatollahs are realizing their power and privilege are going to disappear. Nothing trumps religious zeal faster then real prosperity. When people get better off they start to worry more about the now than the hereafter. Without the promise of heaven why should people bother will the great payday in the Sky.
And how is their power going to disappear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies