Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:06 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
A "flap"? Is that what you call a bunch of sick ghouls selling brains, livers, spinal chords, etc. of unborn children?
Would you rather they go in the trash?

As a cancer survivor who plans to donate my body to science when I go to help future generations avoid what I went through, I really can't grasp the argument against using tissue from aborted fetuses (that otherwise would have ended up as medical waste) for research purposes. Doesn't seem very "pro-life" to me, but I guess the lives of people with ALS, cancer, MS, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, etc don't matter as much as a 10 week old fetus.

What is absolutely wrong is if the women are not informed. But again - if women assume the material is going to be disposed of with medical waste, I guess I just don't understand the argument about it being used for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 07:09 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
So our morality is now dictated on what is legal?
Yes, since everyone has a different definition of "moral". I'd happily eat bacon, lobsters and cheeseburgers, and drink booze, but all that is considered immoral by some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
The Nazi war criminals at Nuremberg had more decency and humanity than the Planned Parenthood enablers in Congress and apologists in the media.
You know how sometimes people say stuff that would make them lose their credibility in an instant? Yea.

Mick

Old 08-05-2015, 07:10 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Not a fair comparison.

Many Nazis didn't know what was going on in the death camps. Dems can not make the same claim with regards to PP.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:30 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I'm sorry.

What does that have to do with one of the biggest Republican icons calling Democrats who are pro-choice Nazi's?
Try watching the videos. Listen to what the people are saying. Then read about Nazi experiments on children. It's on Wikipedia. Then ask yourself what's the difference between what went on in the Nazi death camps versus what's going on in Planned Parenthood today.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:43 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
You have Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts and now complete dead babies and you are concerned about O'Reilly calling people Nazis?
Those tapes were heavily edited

Old 08-05-2015, 07:50 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
I was pro choice as a young dumb assed college student right up until the time I had my first child and saw the developing fetus(my first daughter) In my wifes womb on screen during a sonogram.

People making excuses now for PP for their trafficking in human bodies are nothing but sick twisted individuals.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:04 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
=charolastra00;40700556]Would you rather they go in the trash?

As a cancer survivor who plans to donate my body to science when I go to help future generations avoid what I went through, I really can't grasp the argument against using tissue from aborted fetuses (that otherwise would have ended up as medical waste) for research purposes. Doesn't seem very "pro-life" to me, but I guess the lives of people with ALS, cancer, MS, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, etc don't matter as much as a 10 week old fetus.
So we have the cure for ALS, cancer, MS, spina bifida, and cerebral palsy and it is fetuses??! I hadn't heard this, its a miracle!

Or maybe its just you embarrassingly overexaggerating the results and/or promise of fetal cell research.

Quote:
What is absolutely wrong is if the women are not informed. But again - if women assume the material is going to be disposed of with medical waste, I guess I just don't understand the argument about it being used for good.
This is about people eating their shrimp salad while cavalierly talking about buying Lamborghinis with the money from the sale of fetal body parts. If your are OK with this then I don't have anything more to say to you.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:07 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I was pro choice as a young dumb assed college student right up until the time I had my first child and saw the developing fetus(my first daughter) In my wifes womb on screen during a sonogram.

People making excuses now for PP for their trafficking in human bodies are nothing but sick twisted individuals.
My ex-girlfriend told me that her parents almost opted to terminate her before she was born. That brought it home to me that these are people that are developing in the womb, they are not just fetuses.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:20 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Its why the whole "clump of cells" defense of abortion has lasted so long. Its easy to justify abortion when you completely dehumanize the unborn children that are being killed at a rate of nearly 1000 each day. Seeing a fetus as a growing, developing person makes it a lot harder to justify killing it. As these horror stories and undercover videos continue to trickle out showing how inhumane PP is, those defending abortion are getting more desperate and vitriolic.

Now that its been shown that these 'clumps of cells' have hearts, lungs, livers and other parts that can be harvested for medical research, the PP defenders have switched gears to calling this "an attack on women's health." When all else fails, suggest that the only reason people oppose abortion is due to misogyny, which is a horribly pathetic defense. Women are split basically evenly between those with pro-choice and pro-life views, so either half of all women oppose women's rights or the issue is centered on protecting the lives of the unborn, not some women-hating master plan.

But its much easier to manipulate people when you tell them its part of the "war on women".

Old 08-05-2015, 08:22 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Try watching the videos. Listen to what the people are saying. Then read about Nazi experiments on children. It's on Wikipedia. Then ask yourself what's the difference between what went on in the Nazi death camps versus what's going on in Planned Parenthood today.
Another comparison is the Nazi's and the rest of the population convinced themselves that Jews weren't human to distance their brains from what was going on. (now its fetus isn't human, clump of cells isn't human, not human until it can live on it's own outside the body, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies